✓ Chapter Nineteen.

Sinful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung’s POV

Countryside

“I wonder what happened with Momo”, I hold Sana’s hand tighter as we walk, “she looks and sounds so sure, uncle will disapprove about the pregnancy”.

“I’m sure she’s disappointed too”, I hear Sana mumbles.

“Why?”

“Um … I mean her husband probably doesn’t want the baby she’s carrying, of course, she’ll be disappointed”.

“Oh … right right”

She runs in front of me and twirls with her hands behind her back to walk backward facing me, I can’t hide my smile with staring at her. Her personality is just so infectious, you can’t help but smile as big as she does. Suddenly I spot someone sitting under a tree. I double back to see who it is.

I stop walking, “Momo?”, I look at Sana and I hold out my hand to her, “let’s go to her”, Sana huffs. I guess I’ve been cutting our time together short everytime we’re alone. I understand her frustration, but we’ll have all the time in the world later on. I’ll make it up to her.

“Hey Unnie”, Momo looks up to see me smiling down at her, she smiles back, “what are you doing here?”.

She turns back to watch the calm water sway back and forth, “thinking … thinking about how I’m going to tell Chaemin about-”, she rubs her stomach, “-this”

I smile sadly at her, “heyy it’s okay! Come on get up unnie, it’s not going to be that bad! We won’t let you be alone!”, I hold out my hand to help her get up.

We heard uncle in the distance yelling us to get ready to go back to aunt’s Mirae’s farm. Momo got dizzy standing up, but she’s a strong woman. She fakes clearing her head and smiles. Walking steadily back towards uncle. I smile sadly on how much Momo is fighting and suppressing her feelings towards her own husband.

 

Jeongyeon’s POV

Mirae’s Farm
 

Father, Momo, Chaeyoung, and Sana arrive back in time for dinner. We all sat in the grand long table in my aunt’s dining room. Per usual, she cooked us a vast array of food, all-sufficient from her own farm. Mina keeps squeezing my thighs under the table, she’s quite playful after our first night together. I keep squatting her hands away, as discreetly as possible, but her hand is persistent. I can’t help but smile as I concentrate on my plate as she giggles.

I hear a chair screeching on the hardwood floor, “I have something to announce”, I look up to see Momo standing? Everyone stops eating and stares at her. Is she shaking?

She turns to her right and holds father’s shoulder, “I’m pregnant”, I see her smiling so wide.

WHAT?! I feel my chest bleed from the piercing words Momo just said. But I can’t show it, so I just clench my hands underneath the table. Now I know for certain, we can never be together, but I will never love someone as much as I loved her.

There’s a mix of feelings between everyone, my aunt is overjoyed so is Seungyeon, Chaeyoung and Sana seems relieved? By the news, did they know something I didn’t? Father looks-

“Wait … but didn’t you two fight about this month’s ago?”, Jonghyun opens his big mouth.

I glare at him, “I don’t think it’s any of your business oppa”, why is he bringing this up?! Can’t he be ha-.

I hear someone getting up, “excuse us please, Momo”, father hold Momo’s arm towards the front door, emotionless.

 

I frown, I guess they want to celebrate it by themselves.

 

It wasn’t long before everyone is done eating and doing their own thing. Taejun stole Mina away from me to hang out with Seungyeon. I grin and playfully ruffle his hair for stealing my fiance away, but it gives me the opportunity to follow Momo, just because I’m worried about her, she wasn’t smiling when she walked out the mansion.

I walk around outside to see if I can spot them, I’m not sure where they went until I heard voices around the back. I hide myself behind a tree to eavesdrop on their conversation. It’s cold outside.

“I won’t force you to do it, but you know how I feel about it”, is this really my father talking? How can he be so heartless?

I peek to see Momo nodding, her head hanging low. He left her standing there, I can hear her crying. I wish to console her, but I can’t. However, my body moves forward on its own, until someone grabs my arm.

I gasp, I turn about to punch whoever grabbed me, but I stop when I see it’s … Jonghyun.

“Did you forget Jeongyeon? You have a family and a reputation to save”, I grit my teeth as he smirks, “or should’ve have I just start with yourself brat?”.

I pull my arm away and huff. I look back at Momo one last time before following Jonghyun back in, leaving Momo alone.

It’s midnight already and I still can’t sleep. Mina is laying beside me, eyes closed, hand tucked underneath her pillow, her chest slowly rise and fall steadily, and slightly ajar. I briefly smile watching her sleep. I’m still restless, so I got up carefully, and walk downstairs.

I poured some whiskey for myself, maybe this will help me sleep. I down one … then two … then three. It’s not helping, I’m not even drunk, has my body become immune to this? Am I an alcoholic? I sigh. I pulled out my phone and call her. I’m not expecting for her to answer, I can just play it off as a -dial, but she answers.

“Can’t sleep?”

I chuckle, “yeah … I’m guessing you too?”

“I’m on the balcony”

I’ve never heard her voice this broken, “how are you holding up?”

I hear her playfully huff at my stupid question, “I’ve been better … that’s for sure”.

I should’ve known, but I don’t know what else to say, I don’t know how to console her … I-, “I wish I had a time machine”, she stays silent letting me continue, “so I could make you mine first-”

“And what? Hurt me a lot sooner?”

I close my eyes and clench my fist around my, now, empty glass, “no, I would never”.

“I highly doubt that Jeongyeon … I think you like seeing people suffer, especially when it’s you who caused it”

“It’s not like that, you know exactly why we can’t be together”

“We can, but you won’t let us”

I sigh, she won’t listen to me, “Momo … I love you, I swear I do”

“Actions speak louder than words ...”, she goes silent, I can’t disagree with her … my action’s of love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter