✓ Chapter Twenty.

Sinful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For SaChaeng shippers, I will add their chapter later, now enjoy this tear-wrecking chapter :D

Jeongyeon’s POV

XXX Restaurant

“Sorry, the traffic nearly killed me!”, I sit in front of Mina, she flashes me a smile, like always.

“It’s quite okay”, she put her phone down on the table, but her smile is hiding something.

“Are you okay? You look … troubled”

“Actually Jeongyeon … I- I need to tell you something … but I’m too afraid to”, she looks away from me.

I really don’t have time for this, “come on … speak”, my tone is harsh but my mind is distorted right now.

I check my phone under the table, still no call or messages from Momo or anyone I called at the Manor. My heart aches with every passing second.

“Well … In two weeks, I need to go back to Paris”

I raise my eyebrow at her, I’m confused, I ask her if she wants to go back with me to Paris but she told me she would rather stay here. Now she’s telling me she’s going back to Paris? For how long? forever? “okay … I thought you wanted to stay here in Seoul? Why now?”

“I- I do, it’s just that my friends are graduating soon, I would like to attend their graduation, and I was wondering if-”, oh it’s just a graduation ceremony, “-if you would like to come with me?”

I scratch my nape, “ahhh … I see, you can go Mina, but I think I’m going to pass, things have been … hectic at work”, a lie again, I need to stay here with … her, “it’s okay, you can go, have fun-”, my phone rings.

I apologize to Mina, “Hello?”

“Ma’am! Mrs. Yoo has been taken to the hospital! An ambulance came, they told us an unknown caller called them to come to the mansion, they say someone needed medical assistance, we went to find Mrs. Yoo to talk to her about it, but we found her unconscious on the floor. She’s on her way to Seoul hospital”, oh thank God they made it.

“Ok ok, breathe ajumma. I’m heading there now”, I hang up.

I hastily throw the money on the table to pay for Mina’s drink, I didn’t care about the change. I tell Mina what is going on and pull her along with me to the car. We rushed to drive to Seoul hospital. My hands were shaking and my heart throbbing.

 

Seoul Hospital

We find Seungyeon sitting by herself in front of the emergency room, nobody else is here yet. Her face is pale and her body shaking.

I came rushing with Mina behind me to Seungyeon, “where is she?”, my body is sweating even with the cold weather, Momo please be alright.

Seungyeon is about to answer me but the emergency room doors open, startling all of us.

“Yoo Seungyeon?”, Seungyeon gets up from her seat, but I beat her to him.

“Doctor, how is Momo?”, he sighs heavily.

“I’m sorry Miss Yoo … but we lost the baby”, I feel my body collapsing, Seungyeon cries in her hands, and I hear Mina gasp loudly.

I close my eyes and curse myself for letting this happen.

The doctor reported us about Momo’s condition before letting us see her, I couldn’t face her yet … so I let Mina and Seungyeon go in first. I’m left with Momo’s doctor.

“Doctor, what caused the miscarriage?”, there’s something odd about this. Momo is determined to keep the baby, even when father has told her about his disapproval. And the phone call before this … it’s just not making any sense.

He frowns, “Miss Yoo, I don’t think it’s wise-”, I glare at him, telling him that if he withholds this information from me I will not have it, he sighs, “-alright, but keep this information between us. I don’t think it is wise to tell your family about it”.

I nod, apparently one of the maids who found Momo with the paramedics came with them to the hospital, we all sat away from the emergency room.

“Miss Jung”, the doctor turns towards the maid, “can you tell me the last thing Mrs. Yoo consumed?”

“Umm … nothing unusual doctor, in the afternoon Ma’am seems to enjoy tea, so Ma’am asked me to make her some. Sir Jonghyun, took it to-”

Wait … what?, “Jonghyun oppa?”

“Um … yes Miss Yoo, Sir Jonghyun said he would gladly take it to her before leaving the office to check on her and-”.

SON OF A ! I’ve heard enough! I storm off, I hear the doctor yelling at me in the back, but I got the answer I needed. I walk out to the parking lot to blow off steam, waiting for Jonghyun to come so I can have a word with his sudden … generosity. I found his car parked, so he must be here. I looked around and I see him talking on his phone. I bare my fangs and walk to him, I didn’t hesitate to punch him square in the jaw as he turns. He immediately falls.

I grab his collar, “YOU PIECE OF ! IT WAS JUST A BABY! HOW COU-”

He seems shocked by the impact but when he stares into my eyes, he chuckles, “oh it’s you … oh please Jeongyeon, let’s be realistic”, he pushes my body away from him, my hands feel weak after hearing him be so indifferent to the situation, he’s a monster, “you really think that baby isn’t going to take your spot as father’s number 1?”

“I’m ALWAYS number 1”

He dabs his lips with his finger, oh yeah it bleeding you son of a … I clench my fist before I make him bleed even more, “riigghht … well, you won’t be when he sees the email I’m ready to send to him of you shoving your damn tongue in our dear step-mother’s throat!” ! I look away from his disgusting face, “you think I don’t know you’re the one who sent the paramedics to the manor? Too bad it’s a little too late though”, he pats my shoulders, “you’re finally growing up Jeongyeon, I’m proud! Now Momo will hate you, therefore, you two can’t be together! In return, you protect her and yourself! Look at that, win win situation”, he claps in his hand in celebratory fashion.

I glare into his smug face, I hate this man with every fiber of my being. I wish to punch him again but I can’t. I walk back in the hospital before shoving hard at Jonghyun with my shoulder as I passed him.

I tell Seungyeon to go back to the Manor, Taejun, Jiwo, and Yejun probably needs her more than Momo does. I tell Mina to leave back to the manor with her, she needs her rest. I tell them I’ll stay with Momo for the time being. Mina kisses my cheek before she leaves and whispers to me to take care of myself and Momo. I just weakly smile at her. I watch them leave before turning towards Momo’s door.

I take a deep breath before turning the knob. I put on a strong face but it broke immediately. Momo is sitting on the bed, knees up to her chest, and her head hides between her knees. It pains me to see her like this, but the pain I feel couldn’t even compare to the pain she feels right now. And I can’t do anything for her.

The room door clicks shut, she looks up and met my eyes, “YOU”, she swings her legs off the bed and walks to me, she didn’t account the IV connected to her arm, it almost rips off her, fortunately, it doesn’t, “why didn’t you come?!”, tears form in her eyes.

“I- I was with Mina”.

Her hand grabs my jacket lapels, “BUT I NEEDED YOU!”

“You- you should’ve called father”, I turn my face away from hers.

“HE’S OVERSEAS!”, I feel her hands go slack, “they said- that- that if I was JUST ten minutes early they could’ve save the baby”.

I look back to her head hanging low, “so? It’s- it’s not my child”, I need her to hate me, I need her to hate me, I’m sorry Momo …, “why should I care?”

She looks up at me, her tears stop, her face perplexed by my words, “wha- what happened to you? … WHO ARE YOU?! IT WAS A CHILD JEONGYEON! MY CHILD! DON’T YOU GIVE A ABOUT ME?!”.

Her arms start swinging, she hits my chest hard, once, twice … and then thrice. I let her. Her body slowly collapses to the floor, her hands leaving burning trails down my body as she moves. I just stand there and watch, my hands move slightly, my body wishes to console her, but my mind wouldn’t let it. She continues crying beneath me, her heart monitor beeps, rapidly and loudly, indicating the patient it's supposed to monitor is no longer there. I pick her up off the floor, she lets me, she probably doesn’t have any more energy to fight back. I lay her on the bed, the nurses came rushing in giving her a sedative to keep her calm. She bawling her eyes out but she needs to rest.

I watch her body slowly stops shaking, her sobs cease to exist, she stops fighting. Finally, it beeps to a steady heart rate, “she needs rest Miss Yoo, please don’t cause any more stress than what she’s already been through”, I chuckle at the nurse’s choice of words, ‘cause her any more stress’ … I’ve caused her enough pain that if not for the heart monitor showing her steady heartbeat, I’m not even sure she still has a heart for me to break.

“We will do our best, thank you”, I bow to the nurse as she left.

I choose to sit in the chairs outside her room, being inside with her, seeing her peaceful slumber, wishing to brush her hair away from her bewitching face … just hurts too much. As Jonghyun predicted, she does hate me, I need to disappear from her.

Many hours passed

I’ve been counting the endless grains on the tiled floor, I’ve been surrounded by the same cream-colored walls, I’ve been hearing haste or slow footsteps up and down the halls, I’ve been following the grooves of her name below her room number … I’ve been sitting here for what it felt like hours. My body feels numb.

“Jeongyeon … JEONGYEON!”

I shake myself from my stupor, I stand up, BAD IDEA, my legs feel like jelly, I almost fall back down, but my reflexes are quick enough to catch myself on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter