✓ The End.

Sinful Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person’s POV

Japan

A knife can cut the silence in the car, nobody dared to start a conversation, how can they? What would one say in this situation? Nothing can salvage this family now … only time will tell. Chaemin lost his second chance at what he thought was love and lost his beloved daughter. He would never imagine being betrayed by his own daughter, whom he raised what he thought was the best to his ability. Chaeyoung lost her idolized hyung, but she may have gained something greater, Mina. Chaeyoung glances at Mina from time to time, Mina has been non-stop crying, Chaeyoung doesn’t feel like she’s winning. What Mina needs is time, time to heal from this messed up situation … Chaeyoung is willing to give her that.

Chaemin park the car at the hotel lobby, all of them got out, “Mina, are you all right going back home by yourself?”.

“I will accompany her uncle, don’t worry, go and rest”, Chaeyoung replied for Mina, since she is in no state to talk.

Chaemin nods at Chaeyoung and walks away to the hotel room.

Chaeyoung holds Mina’s hand and walks her to the hotel’s garden, they sat on the bench near the water fountain. Chaeyoung waits until Mina’s sobbing turns into sniffles.

“What are you going to do now Mina?”

Mina sigh and looks away, “I don’t know … I can’t think right now”

“I’m sorry Mina … but I did warn you about her … Jeongyeon will hurt you in the end”.

A bittersweet smile left Mina’s face, “yeah indeed you did Chae … but I was too stupid not to realize it”.

Chaeyoung turns to Mina, “I’m here for you Mina … I loved you and will always love you”.

Mina can’t look Chaeyoung, “but- what about Sana?”

Hearing her name still breaks Chaeyoung heart, she did like Sana … but they’re just not meant to be, “Sana … Sana and I can never be together … I may have tried to use her to forget about you”.

“But I wasn’t using Jeongyeon to forget about you …”, Mina was in love with Jeongyeon, she can’t deny that. She can’t understand it herself, how Jeongyeon was able to make Mina fall for her so fast and hard.

Chaeyoung feels a pang of hurt by Mina’s confession but she doesn't let it get to her, Mina is with her not Jeongyeon right now, “Mina … you can’t let Jeongyeon stop you from living your life”.

“But you did for me … if it weren’t for my ballet in Paris, you would’ve gone places Chae, but you didn’t, you stayed back … for me”

Chaeyoung frowns, it’s true … Chaeyoung was given many opportunities through her talent to travel the world but because Mina can’t leave with her, she sacrificed passion for her love, “Mina, why didn’t you love me?”

Mina gritted her teeth, she’s getting frustrated with Chaeyoung asking the same question over and over again, “I did Chae, but apparently it wasn’t enough for you”.

Chaeyoung stares into the distance, the wind blows her hair in the wind, Chaeyoung is lost in her thoughts, ‘did Mina really love me? Did I even think about Mina’s feelings? Or have I been too consumed with MY ideal love? have I been pushing my fantasy of love to Mina? Was I being selfish? Was I being fair? … no, I wasn’t’

“I need space Chae … from everything …”, she looks at Chaeyoung, “and everyone”.

Chaeyoung sighs, ‘if space is what Mina needs … it’s space I’m going to give her’, she gets up from her seat and stares down at Mina, maybe, for the last time, “I’ll be right here … waiting for you Mina”.

Mina smiles warmly up at Chaeyoung, she feels just a tad bit better knowing she has someone to lean back on … maybe. Chaeyoung slowly steps back staring at Mina … she doesn’t want to leave her, this might be the last time she’ll be able to have Mina or maybe never at all.

 

Jeongyeon’s POV

XXX Hospital

“What do you mean she’s leaving the hospital tomorrow?!”, Nayeon and I are having our daily stare-off, reminds me of the times when we dated years back.

“Jeongyeon you’re not listening, this is what she wants. She is not taking any treatment so what’s the point?”, I huff to calm myself down, “she wants to spend her … last days outside, not surrounded by white walls, restraint on the bed by the IV in her hand, the beeping of her heart rate, and the smell of sterile in the air … this isn’t where she … wants to be her last resting place”, the longer Nayeon talked the more her voice breaks.

I sighed, I stare up at the luminescent lights trying to hold back my tears, enduring this is harder than I thought.

“And what about you? Where are you staying?”

… I didn’t think about this, I chuckle at my mishap, “tonight here, tomorrow …”, I look down at the floor, “I don’t have a clue … maybe father won’t cut me off”

Nayeon’s feet shuffle in front of me, “well, you can stay at my house … I don’t think my husband will mind, we’ve got rooms to spare-”

I whistled, “oooh my my … rich Nayeon”, she elbows me playfully while blushing and laughing.

The nurse tending to Momo comes out of the room, I rush inside to see her sleeping peacefully. I grab a chair to sit next to her, Nayeon needs to leave to prepare for Momo’s discharge tomorrow, she kisses Momo forehead and leaves. I hear the door click shut, I hold her cold hands hoping mine would warm them and rest my head next to hers, my eyes slowly close seeing her chest rise and fall. Everything has fallen out in the open … light has shone in our darkest hours … nothing to hide from… you’re the only thing I need to hold on to but soon … you’ll be nothing but a memory and a dream, my love. Don’t let me wake up to this nightmare.

 

Morning

I wake up abruptly from someone yanking my shirt back, I don’t see Momo on her bed. I panic.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING HERE?!”, I look back to see Hirai Yumi glaring down at me.

I shake my head awake, I haven’t slept that peacefully so long and being woken up like this, my mind goes blank.

“Mom stop”, Nayeon?

Mrs. Hirai shoves me down, with my lack of limb cooperating with me, I fall to the ground, “GET OUT, NOW!”.

“MOTHER! STOP! SHE’S NOT GOING ANYWHERE!”, Nayeon stand in front of me, shielding me from the wrath that is Yumi Hirai, “Momo wants her here”.

“Ck … please, no she doesn’t”.

I sighed, I stand up and dust myself off, “first of all … good morning Mrs. Hirai … second of all, ma’am I know you’d wish nothing but for me to be dead-”, she smiles maniacally as if to agree with me, this woman is scary, “-but I’m not going anywhere”, I move pass Nayeon, I bowed to Mrs. Hirai and see her body go rigid, “please ma’am let me stay by your daughter’s side … I love her with all my heart and I’m not running anymore, I’ve wasted enough time doing so. I won’t let myself live with this regret being away from her arms. Please I am begging you Mrs. Hirai … let me make your daughter smile again”, Yoo Jeongyeon is taught to never beg … for anything, but for Momo I’ll crawl on the ground for her. After a few minutes with no answer I bravely glance up to see Mrs. Hirai looking away with tears in her eyes, she looks torn and broken.

A nurse knocked on the door and said something in Japanese, Nayeon and Mrs. Hirai walks out with her. I followed them out … I don’t know if she’s given me permission to stay or not but I’m not running away anymore.

I try my luck at the ATM machine, I hope my cards still work. Lady luck on my side, it did. I took out as much as I could just to be safe. I walk out to where I see Mrs. Hirai is standing, you can’t miss her eccentric clothing, Momo is sitting in a wheelchair in front of her and Nayeon is talking to some dude? … I’m guessing it’s her husband. He exudes wealth. If the dark grey Mercedes-Benz didn’t give you a hint then his tailored casual jacket is a dead give-away. He doesn’t look Korean? Nayeon … you don’t mess around.

I stand next to her as she finish speaking to him, “damn Nayeon … I didn’t know you have bad taste in men”, that earned an eye roll from her.

“Jackson-”, oh guess I’m right he’s not Korean, he extends his hand to me, “-and no she doesn't, I’m just lucky enough to grab her attention”, he winks at me, my hand goes slack during our handshake, k me … he’s fluent in korean.

My face goes red from embarrassing myself, Nayeon is smirking slyly at my mishap and Momo is giggling behind her hand. Hearing and seeing Momo laugh makes me happy, I hope I can make her smile like that again.

 

Nayeon’s Manor

Wow … Nayeon is living like a queen. Her mansion is huge! A lush and massive acres of greenery surrounds the mansion, a massive pool and water slide on the side, a basketball court, the mansion itself has five bedrooms, seven full-bathrooms, massive dining room, a billiard room, … my head is spinning from her giving me a run down on her house. I’m still in awe by the well-decorated interior.

Jackson parks the car, I look at Momo, “can you walk? Or should I carry you?”

“Jeongyeon … I may be weak but it doesn’t mean my legs don’t work”, she caresses my cheek, “don’t worry”, she weakly smiles.

Despite her protest I still hold her hand, she directs me to her room, which is not far from the front door. She said she can’t use the stairs anymore, she tires easily. I frown at that.

I playfully whistle when she opens her bedroom door. This room is spacious, cream colored everything, kind of dull but I don’t think Momo has the energy to redecorate. A fireplace that probably never been lit, can it even be lit? Why is it here?! Her own 36 inch flat screen TV and a small sitting area near the fireplace. A king size bed all to herself, and on-suite bathroom, with a shower AND bathtub. Momo situates herself on the bed watching me walking around the room. Family pictures are displayed on top of the fireplace, I admire the one where Nayeon and Momo are still kids, Momo’s chubby cheeks smeared with cake and Nayeon smiling big at the camera, while Momo’s eyes are focused somewhere else … why does she do that? It’s quite a recurring theme she does with photos. It’s adorable actually.

I finally sit next to her, “it’s still early, do you want to do something?”

She ponders, “I want sushi”.

I laugh, I’m glad she’s still the same Momo, “all right, shall we order in or go to the restaurant?”

Momo smiles sadly, “I think I’m a bit too tired to go out Jeongyeon”.

I brush her hair away from her face and tuck it behind her ear, “as you want my love”

She leans her face on my hand and closes her eyes like she’s relishing this moment, “you won’t leave right?”

I shook my head, “no … not anymore, not ever”

She smiles, “I’m tired”, she closes her eyes and leans back on her pillow. I got up and pull the covers over her, tucking her in, “I’ll ask Nayeon to order sushi for us”, I caress her hair and left a kiss on her forehead before leaving her room.

Nayeon knocks before coming in, I’m sitting next to Momo as she sleeps. Nayeon hands us our food before leaving us alone. I wake Momo up slowly and help her up to eat by the sitting area of her room. Momo perks up seeing the food I laid out for us at the table, nothing can get her happy like food.

I watch her eat, “Momo … there’s a few things I need to tell you”, she stop chewing for me to continue, I took a deep breathe, “Jonghyun knew about our affair”, her eyes widen and she almost chokes on her food making me panic, she assure me she’s fine. “Jonghyun blackmailed me to leave you for his personal gain and I’m afraid to lose father-”.

“Why didn’t you tell me Jeongyeon?”

“I- I thought I was doing the right thing and protecting you from him but-”, do I tell her about- I have to, “I didn’t think he’d go as far as he did …”, Momo tilts her head in confusion, “he’s- he’s the reason why … you grieved the loss of a child …”, Momo instinctively t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter