Value Of Love

Value of Love

A month of individual schedules separated the members from each other. The living room serves as their meeting place. They get happy if all of their schedules ended almost at the same hour as they can have a talk for awhile and or dinner together. One or two or three will get early in the morning and leave and the remaining members will woke up the others had already gone. Most of the times, one or two will get home late where the members are asleep already. A month of being separated from each other to the extent of they literally missed each other so, so much even though they lived under the same roof. They misses Hakyeon a bit more because the leader almost slept in car and headed right away to the next schedule without going back at dorm and or sleep at a nearby hotel from the schedule filming and go the next schedule. There are times the leader would go home super late at night that no one will ever notice he had gone home and woke up super early in the morning and went to schedule right then that no one will ever notice he went out already. Their lives have been hectic and full but they still tries to communicate to each other through messages, calls or group chat but one person has been inactive the past month. Maybe because he has the most packed schedule that he doesn't have spare ounce of strength to even lift up his phone and type. The five understood well that the leader is working hard for their group.

The five get used to their manager informing them about their schedule since the leader has no time to do it anymore, but they never get used to being scolded by the manager everytime they didn't understand the point of schedule -when on the other hand, the leader would explain it thoroughly and well- and they will never get used to having no words of encouragement and reassurance and confidence from the leader. Because they admitted well that they had gone this long in the industry because Hakyeon is always there for them and help them in every possible way he could help the youngsters ease their nervousness and tell them they will do just well because they were raised by him.

The time has finally come.

The first group schedule after a month of being away from one another.

For the first time in forever, Wonshik woke up first.

He shoved away his blankets and let it fall to the floor before he dashed out his room and barged inside the leader's room.

And there he was.

Sleeping like there's no tomorrow. Morning messy hair. Closed eyelids. Legs sprawled with blankets in between's. Hands above his head. His sleepwear ridden a bit up and exposed a part of his flat fatless tummy.

Wonshik lost trail of time of how long has been staring at the sleeping prince on the bed, he literally forget about his morning hygiene.

“Oh wow!”

A blow of air tresspass through his ear that made him jumped out of surprise. And he heard chuckles from his side.

“Hyung...you really woke up early just to stare at Hakyeon-hyung?”

“No-!” He almost shouted if he hasn't cupped his own mouth by his hands. He let go of his own mouth and spoke lightly. “I was just checking if hyung will really be here. I almost haven't seen him in a month y'know.” He stared again at the still sleeping man.

“You say hyung...” The maknae was about to passed over him and went back his side again. “Hyung...brush your teeth first before you pounced over Hakyeon-hyung.” Sanghyuk fled chuckling over his hyung teasingly.

“Yah! Sanghyuk...I will not pounced on him.” Wonshik said poutingly. Or should I really do that? He asked himself. That's how he misses the man in extent of thinking on to jump in bed and hug the man until he wakes up.

 

Taekwoon has long already been in the kitchen, he's taken so much thinking about doing this because he knows after this, the younger members gonna all day long. Yet ignoring that thought, he knew well this was just the start of doing the right thing.

Pressing a button from the hello kitty kitchen timer, he pours out the straight pasta to the pot and let it softened.

Being a little bit over meticulous of perfecting every little details of preparing the first best breakfast of all the best breakfast yet to come.

 

The four younger members has gathered inside Jaehwan's bedroom, seeming like a fan club planning for a special event for their idols where it was their leader.

“I saw Taekwoon-hyung preparing a buffet for breakfast,” says Sanghyuk.

“What should we do then?” asks Hongbin.

Silence has stretched a little bit longer, they were left in to mute thinking of something they can do for their leader.

“I can't think of anything right now,” says Wonshik.

“The fact that Hakyeon has almost everything, he can buy things he wants,” added Jaehwan.

“This should be nuts but I didn't expect it to be this hard,” remarks Hongbin.

“I have an idea,” says Sanghyuk.

The three looked at the maknae simultaneously.

 

Making sure that the food will turn out grandé, Taekwoon is keen on measuring the condiments he's putting, tasting the food from time to time, being strict on the time limit set on the kitchen clock in every thought of Hakyeon enjoying the food he's preparing.

Hongbin and Sanghyuk is preparing the kitchen table and decorating the square space of the kitchen itself. Putting chair covers as if they were in a five star highly respected resto, they didn't need to change the mantle because Hakyeon did, some other days of yesterdays. They put the food -Taekwoon cooked- on the table arranging them properly after blowing up some rainbow color balloons to float up in the ceiling.

Wonshik and Jaehwan made a 'Sorry' and 'Thank You' placards, letting and designing it using Hakyeon's favorite colors and shapes. Leaving some space to write some personal messages onto.

When everything seems so ready, they only need to wake Hakyeon up.

 

Hakyeon woke up from Sanghyuk's little shake from his shoulders. Seeing the maknae with a bright sun-like smile, Hakyeon felt like sun rays were reflecting from his cheeks and eyes only to smell the hypnotising aroma coming from the kitchen.

“Hyung, let's eat,” says Sanghyuk in full true never-been-felt smiles.

Helping Hakyeon to stand up, but still wobble a bit and the maknae giggles a bit from the leader's small clumsiness, Sanghyuk led Hakyeon to the kitchen.

In Hakyeon's shocked expression, he saw the remaining four members standing behind the kitchen table with their loveliest smile on their faces in sync of shouting, “Surprise!”.

As if on cue, Hakyeon's tears fell rolling on his cheeks in a non-stop motion. Hyuk on his side hugs him with most comfort to ease the leader's pain. Once Hyuk let go Hakyeon from his embrace, one by one, the members approach him with their long been hidden true feelings and gratefulness and affection.

“Hakyeon-hyung, I'm really sorry for walking out of practices and telling you worst things that could've crept nightmares to your dreams. I didn't mean to say those things. Though I know it was almost half a year since that day, I still need to mention that because that was the spark that triggers the bomb to explode. I'm sorry for making dance mistakes always. I'm really sorry hyung and thank you for always giving me chances to improve myself,” Jaehwan hugs Hakyeon and in no-time, the leader returns the hug to the cutie.

“And I'll always do,” replies Hakyeon and let go when the next member spoke up.

“Hyung...I'm sorry too and just like what Jaehwan-hyung said, I too have to mention that very day where it all started. I'm sorry for shouting at you that day. I know its my fault that I spilt the coffee on my notebook. I'm sorry too for not giving you time even though you'll always be there for me whenever I need you. To let you know, Hakyeon-hyung, since that day I cannot focus on writing and composing music. It feels like I lost something in me, a part of me. And I realize, I lost you. I'm sorry hyung and thank you so much,” says Wonshik and buries his face to the space of Hakyeon's neck to hide his own tears.

“Not yet Wonshik-ah, I'm still here for you,” Hakyeon reassures the rapper that he will be there for him, as long as forever.

“Hakyeon-hyung, you know I always make you feel like I don't want you. This may sound ridiculous but, I always want you to be by my side. I'm afraid you'll always choose Jaehwan-hyung or Hyukkie as your partner for games or photoshoots or whatsoever, so I always say that I don't want you, for you to make way to partner yourself to me. And if that happens, I'm always the happiest person alive. It's weird right? I know. But still, I'm sorry hyung for actually doing it that way and thank you for everything,” Hongbin who just said those words seems not to know what to do.

So Hakyeon took the initiative to spread his arms and Hongbin throws himself to the embrace he missed the most. “If you want me to be by your side always, I'll always be,” he says and let go and smiles at Hongbin.

“Hakyeon-hyung...if there will be a person whom I'll be most thankful and sorry for, it's you and will always be you. If its not because of your affection, your hugs, your smiles, your confidence -I always took for granted- I might have quitted already. From simple things like reminding me to take care of myself and taking vitamins to big packages like supporting me from filming my movie and being my partner for script-reading practices, I may not have achieved these things, if you weren't there...here...for me. I'm sorry hyung and thank you,” Sanghyuk engulfs the smaller figure of Hakyeon to a tight embrace.

“I'm more than glad to do all those,” replies Hakyeon, letting go to wipe the tears rolling out from Sanghyuk's eyes.

Last but not the least, it's Taekwoon's turn now.

“Uhm...Hakyeon-ah...” Taekwoon who doesn't know what to say just embrace Hakyeon to a tight hug saying, “I'm sorry for always being mean and cold but I'm always thankful to you.”

“That's it? Hyung?” Sanghyuk asked Taekwoon who is still engulfing their leader in safe confinement of his arms.

Taekwoon whispers something to Hakyeon which made the latter in surprise with unbelievable face. Whatever that is, the youngsters didn't care anymore as their stomachs started grumbling in despair.

“Let's eat hyung! The food is getting cold,” Jaehwan initiates.

The breakfast was filled with the smiles from six lips that haven't truly smile in awhile now, with laughters that had been held back from the bottom of their lungs, eyes that look at each other with so much longingness that had been deprived with familiarity and comfort, with happiness that they can only afford in the mere presence of one another.

Hakyeon had to admit to himself he really miss his kids. But that doesn't mean he forgave them already. The hurt was still there but at least it was a bit healed over the time that has passed. He realized he wasn't ready to forgive them yet. Seeing them again it brings a lot of memories where it all hurts. But what has improved now, he can smile, laugh and somehow be happy without faking it. And then again, it will still falls to sadness that he's still hurting, in pained, scared of being hurt again, cuz even he thinks that the members are doing all their best to improve in expressing theirselves, being sensitive to their surroundings, there will always be a time where unexpected slip off of truth may come. He hopes in himself someday he'll be all-hearts ready to truly forgive them without holding grudges. He smiles to himself that at least, he's waiting for that day to come where he forgives them and everything will be back from where they stopped and be better than that. Because if he wasn't even thinking of that day to come, it may all end to VIXX scattering and leaving each other, worst scenario disbanding with biggest regrets.

At least for now, he knows he's getting there...and what Hakyeon knew so well, he will get there with Taekwoon, Jaehwan, Wonshik, Hongbin, and Sanghyuk on his both sides.

The process matters as important as what awaits for them in the end of the tunnel.

The six of them sat side by side, across each other in the kitchen table enjoying the goodness of the food with the warmness from the real Value Of Love to each one of them that no matter what obstacles will hinder them in the coming days, they knew well that they will face it together, hand in hand, endulge in a bright future that opens up a VIXX with a complete happy family.

Even if they weren't still finish eating the five stood up in unison, Sanghyuk turns the kitchen lights off, the room was dimmed now, Wonshiks pulls out a handy speaker and his phone and plays a song, Jaehwan opens the refrigerator to be their only light, and Taekwoon encourages Hakyeon to stand too and the leader complies, not killing the moment.

With that, they danced around the kitchen in the refrigerator light, definitely will remember this very day all too well.

THE END