Warm Secrets

Value of Love

Hongbin stood up from where he's sitted and stormed out to his own room. He put on his own jacket and bring a pair of mitten. He encircled a scarf on his neck and put another scarf on his left shoulder. Just then he realized why it's still so cold outside even though it's summer. He shook his head to shrugged not so important questions because he still have a task on hand. He went out and took the step towards Hakyeon's room.

The few steps to the door felt like he was walking on a thick coat of snow dipping his bare feet, giving ice cold shot right from his soles through his heart.

Still, he continued and pry opened the door and directed himself to the closet and grab one of the thickest jacket Hakyeon ever had.

He went back to the living room and reassured the others that he can bring their leader back, not frozen, but warmed.

Hongbin stepped out from the elevator once it produces a 'ding' sound indicating he reached the ground floor already. He went past the receptionist table without giving her info on where he will go. But he go back again to ask the recept if Hakyeon went out the building. The recept told him "yes" and he rushed outside the building forgetting to even thank the recept.

Once he finally stood outside the building, swoosh of cold breeze run through him giving him shivers. He felt cold, but how is it more for Hakyeon who wears nothing but his sleepwear. Without wasting time, he directed himself to one place he knows Hakyeon will retreat to whenever the latter needs a peace of mind.

He run a block away from the entrance of the building and turned left to walked pass over a cafe and crossed the street and turned right and run again through stairs up to climb a lifted hill. He wonders why there is this part where the landscape is way more lifted compared to the roads and common building in the edge of the city. He pushed back his thoughts once he walked passed a playground on top of this hill and took his steps as quiet as cats in his shoes as if he was walking on a thin layer of freshly coated snow on the ground tracing the first sets of footprints blemished on the perfect surface following to where it will lead him. ‘My imaginations have no limits!’ He thought. But then as he imagined following the footsteps on the snow in his mind, it lead him to the queen.

Hongbin stood one span away from him. He watched the leader hold himself while looking down to the vast sea of lights dancing to their own beats of life. He let his own thought wander why Hakyeon is like this. The leader would never run outside in that kind of clothes. Has he lost his sanity? Is he sane? Hongbin smacked mentally his head. The leader must be tired, exhausted, drained out, emptied that's why he needed alone time. But what actually made Hongbin shivers despite the warm clothes of his is that, he half-realized what had him and the members acted towards Hakyeon.

The members gave enough shares to contribute in hurting their leader. But he thought it was solely him who must have completed and added a whole lot in hurting the precious man.

He himself always wanted to go outside Hakyeon's view to avoid his...wait? ‘What is it really that I hate about Hakyeon?’ He asked himself. ‘Well it's...ugh! Are those only for teasings?...how messed up real-talk am I?’ He doubted about himself. He became mean to Hakyeon only just to . And now, he physically smacked his head.

By smacking his head, his thought was shoved away and now he ped the jacket and diminished the remaining distance from him to the tan man and draped over to the slicked shoulders the jacket and firmly placed it properly on him. He stood beside him and turned the tan man to face him looking bewildered but Hongbin ignored the leader's expression and encircled the tan long neck with the scarf. Hongbin lays his hand on the leader's upperarm squeezing it lightly and study the face of his leader.

Hakyeon's cheeks were like overriped tomatoes, where his lips are blueberries and his ears were cherries. The leader was frozen cold. He didn't think of it much and hugged the tan man. If Hongbin could voluntarily release warm from his body he longed done it already just to make sure Hakyeon will not fully freeze to death. As if his body cooperated with his mind, Hongbin felt the small figure inside his arm's shelter gave in with the warmth emanated by his wrapping arms and firm chest. He roamed his hands up and down Hakyeon's back to ease him and finally ruffle his hair and gave him a weak nudge of the back of his head and whisper to him “Pabo.”

Only then Hakyeon realized what situation he had fallen into. He loosen his balled fist on the younger's jacket and tries to push him lightly to escape himself from the warm shelter even though the center spot of his whole body do not want to let go from Hongbin's hug. ‘Why does my heart still care for them?’ Hakyeon asked his thought while fully exiting the arms surrounding him.

Hakyeon stood half-step away from Hongbin. He positioned himself again to his previous spot while slipping his arms to the jacket fully and continued looking down the black sea of the city under a starry night.

Hakyeon could feel that Hongbin is looking at him, not even paying attention to the stunning night scenery in front of them, but Hakyeon ignored him.

“Why did you follow me here?”

Hongbin still looking at Hakyeon as if he was memorizing every detail of the tan man's facial feature and body figure he didn't let his eyes wander around anything even how beautiful the surrounding was because the most important superb creature that ever live on earth was in front of his very eyes.

“Well it's only me who can follow you here.” Smile slowly dipping in Hongbin's lips from what he said. He felt proud that he shared a secret base of comfort with the leader.

“You can leave now.”

“I don't want to though...”

Hakyeon scratched his palms together and blow warm puff of air to it but still his hands were freezing cold.

Hongbin put out the pair of mittens from his jacket's pouch and wear the right hand of the mitten. He then grabbed Hakyeon's left hand to slip in the left pair of the mittens. After carefully doing so, Hongbin held Hakyeon's right hand with his left hand and gently intertwined their fingers locking sealed enough to feel warmth from each other's hands. But Hongbin's eyes never looked away the view of Hakyeon's vulnerability.

Hakyeon, shocked but not frozen cold anymore, tries to get his right hand away from the younger's hold but Hongbin did not let him do it and just held his hand even tighter.

“Sorry I brought only a pair of mittens...I forgot because I came in a hurry.”

“As I have told you, you don't have to.”

“But I want to.” Hongbin replied quickly. “I haven't seen this kind of you these past weeks...stubborn Hakyeon.”

“You know why?...”

Hakyeon asked Hongbin but the latter answered him rather quick.

“I know why.”

Silence stretched between them only howls of dogs from afar were heard delivering them scary goosebumps under their warm clothing. But they stay stilled standing, side by side, holding each other's hands as if their life's warm depends on it.

“You really need to go back.” Hakyeon managed to spoke up despite of solid ice lips.

“Same as you.”

“You'll freeze here.” Hakyeon said and turned his head to face Hongbin.

Hongbin looked straight to caramel brown deep eyes as if Hakyeon's eyes were swallowing him, drowning him, leading him to the owner's heart. The doors to the sincerity of Hakyeon were open and Hongbin is so much willing to enter that and finally make up to the mistakes and pain he'd caused the leader.

“But you are worth freezing for.”