Emptiness

Value of Love

A week has passed since Hakyeon broke out in front of Hongbin and cannot hide his hurt from Jaehwan. Tomorrow the leader would be back at dorm from his final shooting from mountains. It has only been a week but those seven days felt like seven months for the younger vocalist and the visual. Hongbin had told Jaehwan what had happened between him and the leader when they were out for individual schedule after that practice night to console the younger vocalist that he wasn't just him that the leader hates. He told Jaehwan everything that Hakyeon had said to him, how hurt and broken the leader was. From that night on, the two had agreed to distance themselves from the leader and not force themselves to the leader to get back his affection, but they agreed on how to make the leader to be on his old self. So if the leader wants to be alone, they will leave him alone. But after that, they promised to be there for him at all possible times.

Jaehwan was sitting on a standby room waiting for a staff to pick him up for his airtime in his schedule. He still has 20 minutes before he go on stage and perform and those minutes wouldn't be boring if Hakyeon keeps on spamming him messages of fighting's and assurance that he'll just do well no matter what because he works hard. But no matter how many times he told that to himself it doesn't work. But if the leader would actually told him that he'll be fine, everything will go well. Three minutes before he starts and yet his phone hasn't received any messages or calls and still on sleep mode, his conversation thread with the leader was empty, aside from the messages exchanged three months ago. He sighs and hypnotize himself that it will be okay and he'll do okay.

 

Hongbin had just finished his webdrama shooting and went inside his standby room. He stopped immediately upon opening the door once he saw that the room was empty, it wasn't actually emptied. There was the company staff, his makeup artists, manager, tables, chairs, mirrors. It wasn't really empty. He broke off from his dazed state when he was called by their manager. He walked thruly and sat down a chair beside his manager and asked what Hakyeon has been up to. And he didn't actually asked. Cuz he already knew Hakyeon was away to the mountains. And now the room really feels empty. Hakyeon sometimes would be here, once he opened the door the leader will hug him and told him he did great and someday he'll be one of the legendary actors of Korea and by that he's relieved and tireness would wore off quickly but now, that's not possible because Hakyeon was not here. He was not here. He will not be here anymore. Not until he forgives him. Hongbin hold on tight not to let any tears to come out, tears weren't important at this moment. He falls deeper in his thoughts thinking on how to apologize to the leader and step by step, bit by bit, getting back the love he's freely receiving in the past.

 

Sanghyuk keyed-in the dorm's passcode and opened the door. It has only been six days since that radio guesting. He toed his shoes off and walked to the living room and slouched falling to the sofabed. Shutting his eyes closed because he doesn't want to stare at the ceiling cuz he know when he does, his thoughts would wander around the dorm, the past days, the past weeks, the past months and the past years. But as he was emptying his thoughts, there was still reminisce of the tan man. Today, he was not supposed to be alone doing vocal and dance training. Today was supposed to be with Hakyeon but the said person wasn't available, he's away. If Sanghyuk could only move that mountain he had moved it already in Seoul. The maknae has a new set of vocalization technique, given by their vocal trainer, in hopes to do it with Hakyeon. He had prepared 'Starlight' so they can sang it as a duet. Hakyeon will be singing the female part where the maknae would sing the male part. But then again, Hakyeon was not here. The studio was empty when he went there. He also prepared a contemporary dance video they could learned together but, the practice room was, again, empty. He let out a deep sigh and stood up.

Nobody was around.

He was about to come out the dorm again when he felt his back was like an ocean of sweats. He turned back and went his room and change his clothes and went out.

After a downtown walk to their company building, he went to Wonshik's studio. Thankfully that the said room wasn't empty this time.

He opened the door and saw the rapper was doing his usual's. He sat beside the rapper to make his existence known.

“Hyung watcha doin'?”

The rapper looked at the man who suddenly sat beside him. “Oh Hyukkie?...ahh, actually nothing.”

“Nothing?...I thought you're composing?”

“I am but...” The rapper hide his face in his palms. “I am not progressing...I've been on slump these past weeks I don't know why.” Depression sounded from his voice.

“You need to rest hyung...you look like you haven't slept for weeks too.”

The rapper looked up and exposed his face to the maknae.

“Look!...your cheeks are thin and your eyes have dark siblings.” The maknae pinched the rapper's both cheeks and examine the face of the man carefully. Sanghyuk held Wonshik's hand and lead him. “C'mon let's eat something and let's play!...sometimes you need to unleash the kiddo inside you.” Hyuk dragged the man outside his studio and they went to a nearby resto and eat.

They sat at the corner where people won't recognize them and a waiter went their table and took their order. Minutes passed and their order soon been served to their table.

“Thank you for the food!” They announced.

They dig in to their fill and rest for awhile.

“The food was so great hyung...right?”

The rapper hummed; exhaustion still evident to his voice.

“Hyung what's wrong? Are you alright? Are you sick?”

The rapper was broke from his statue-dazed-state when the maknae asked him worringly.

“Ahh...oh...I'm fine.”

“But you sounded not.”

“Hyuk-ah...”

“Uhm?”

“When your down...what do you do?”

The maknae paused for a definite seconds, shocked from a sudden question, before he answered.

“Everytime I was down...I play. I let out all the exhaustion, despression and everything until I feel new again.”

“Can we do those?”

“Of course hyung!”

Soon enough they found theirselves in an arcade and amusement park where they play and play and play until their laughters produces tears of enjoyment.

Sanghyuk led the rapper in a place where a rebellious teenager can be unleashed inside a person. Sanghyuk was brought here by Hakyeon before when the maknae wanted to exhaust his anger and depression and pressure especially the rebelious teenager inside Sanghyuk was not satisfied because of the hectic day and night practice preparing for debut.

“Where are we Hyukkie?”

“You need this hyung.”

The rapper looked in front of him. It was a wall, almost two arms span away from them. A wall with various unimportant wall-paintings.

“Here.” Sanghyuk hand out a glass plate to Wonshik's.

“What's this?”

“I'll show you hyung!”

The maknae picked up another plate from the counter and pays.

“I'M SO TIRED! I WANT TO SLEEP FOR DAYS AND EAT AND PLAY AND SLEEP AGAIN AND EAT AND PLAY!!!” Sanghyuk shouted and throws the glass plate to the wall and it breaks and produces a shattered-bang sound.

Wonshik was shocked from the maknae. He hasn't heard him like this before.

“Hyung...try it. Just shout everything you badly wanted to say yet you cannot say it.”

Wonshik hold the plate tightly and closed his eyes and sighed deeply. He opens his eyes and was ready to let everything out.

“I hate you...” He started with low-voice head down. He looked up and imagines himself that he was the wall. “I HATE YOU KIM WONSHIK I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!” Wonshik shouted and does like what the maknae did awhile ago. He throws the plate hardly and it broke and produced a louder shattered-bang sound.

He didn't expect himself he'll cry after letting all the emotions he hid inside him, out. The maknae was stoned in his position but regain consciousness quickly and hugs the rapper. He didn't know what was happening to the man but he knew well he's suffering from something emotional.

“I'm sorry hyung...don't worry everything will be okay.”

After Wonshik had lifted so much as a half of his depressed emotions, the two had separated their ways. Sanghyuk had gone straight to their dorm whereas Wonshik went to his friend because he was invited to come over.

Wonshik had opened the door of his friend's recording studio and was greeted by a swag-hug. He's thankful that he has Sam as a friend personally apart from a friend who he can have support and help from music. Sam had invited him for a few bottles of soju to passed time and Wonshik accepted the offer as he promised himself he will be a better friend, somehow being a better friend to Sam will be his first step to improve himself and be that kind of friend Hakyeon wants.

The first round of soju bottles had been emptied in just an hour. Now the second round of a few bottles soon were upside-down and ignored. Their heads were apparently felt like air. It seems like they had no brains -no rationalities- a head made of skull with full aching muscles. This kind of times were their bodies were filled by alcohol, they deemed to feel that the world is indeed spinning.

Sam told Wonshik he cannot give him a ride since he himself was drunk. But Wonshik was like a zombie. The rapper had no left strength and right mind to go home. Shy, still Sam tried to call one of the VIXX members using Wonshik's phone to pick their own member.

“Eyyyynshhii~...”

“Wonshiii~t...”

“He isshh...”

“Druuuunwk...”

“Pick hi~m...”

“Here...”

“Thishh ishh Shaaem!”

Meanwhile, Hakyeon dressed up quickly and emerged out from his hotel room near the mountains they had taken some of his final scenes. He waved for a cab and let the man drove him to his destination, even though it would cost an almost two-hour drive and expensive taxi fare, and above those, his rest. The most important matter for now is ...his friend...his brother.

Soon enough Wonshik was picked up and now sprawled messily on the sofabed in the living room. Eyes shut closed. Smelled exactly a mix of sweats and stink of strong alcohol. Limbs weak like jelly.

The four members where deep in their own slumbers they hadn't noticed the faint noise in the living room.

Hakyeon emerges out from the bathroom with a basin of water on hand. He sat beside the rapper and started patting the wet towel on the rapper's face to refreshen the drunken man. As if on cue, when Hakyeon finished cleaning the rapper's face, Wonshik had managed to woke up.

“Hyung...”

The rapper was deemed unnoticed, Hakyeon walk out and put down the basin on the bathroom's floor and directed himself to the kitchen and prepare a cup of a strong pure black coffee. He came out from the kitchen with now, a tray on hand. He put the tray on the living room's side small drawer and help the man to sit up. Once the rapper had sat up comfortably, Hakyeon hand out the coffee to the younger.

Wonshik accepted the cup from Hakyeon with intentionally caressing the leader's hand. Just the little touch felt like everything. How long had it been since Hakyeon has last made skinship to the rapper? How long had it been since Hakyeon acts like he's not a friend of the rapper? How long had it been since Hakyeon do nothing but leader things only? Not even dare to ask them personal things? How long had it been since Hakyeon seems like he's not Hakyeon at all? How long had it been since the rapper started missing Hakyeon even though they were everyday together in their group schedules and in their dorm? How long had it been since Hakyeon hasn't even once visited the rapper in his studio? It doesn't matter now because, now Hakyeon is here. He was here...physically.

“Careful it's hot...” The leader warns.

Wonshik tries to drink the coffee as fast as he can even though it's hot and his tounge is burnt because now he needs the time to talk to Hakyeon not the time to have a leisure coffee time at night. The coffee was soon emptied and set aside, ignored, and once the cup was emptied, Wonshik's head is now filled with a right mind to comprehend what had happened.

The rapper took a deep breath and started.

“Hyung...I'm sorry. I shouldn't drink like this especially if I cannot handle my alcohol well. I'm really sorry hyung...”

Hakyeon remained silent.

“...and thank you for picking me up and for not telling manager-hyung...thank you for cleaning my face and making me coffee. I appreciated it all. More than appreciated!”

Seems like Hakyeon is mute, he remained silent.

Wonshik turned the leader to face him. Now that he can see the man's face fully, tears started escaping his eyes out of his own will. He let go of Hakyeon's forearm and started talking again.

“Hakyeon-hyung...I'm really sorry. I know what I had done before was unforgivable that's why I'm trying to at least make up for it. I never wanted you out of my life. I cannot imagine any other man as a leader of VIXX...as my leader. Hyung...you're making your way out of our life...out of my life.” Wonshik said dejectedly while looking straight to Hakyeon's eyes.

“But that was what you wanted Ravi...you wanted me to leave you! I clearly remember that and I'm not a fool to misunderstand. Because that day only confirmed your everyday's wishes. Day by day I felt like you wanted me to leave...just like Hongbin and Sanghyuk, you wanted me to be away...but don't worry anymore...you'll get what you want.”

“I never wanted that!-...I want you-...I want you here by my side...I want you in my life.”

Hakyeon gave in. He hasn't won agaisnt his own tears, even once. These waters had their own strength of pushing through the boarders of his eyelids.

Hakyeon smiled, pure true smile. “It's okay Ravi. You don't need to pretend anymore. You don't need to pretend you care. I'm all okay now. I had longed realized I should really love myself, because no one will never. If you think you did became a bad friend to me, you're wrong. You did great for making me realize to -finally!- care and put myself first before anyone. Because how many times I did good deeds to other they will never do the same to me. So maybe picking you from your friend's crib and bringing you back here and cleaning your face and making you a coffee is well enough to call it quits for lecturing me to love myself...thank you Ravi and...good night!”

Hakyeon was about to stand up but Wonshik grab him by the forearm and drag the man closer to him and hugged him. Wonshik didn't barge to let go of the leader even if the man struggles to get out from the hug. Deemed trap by the hug, Hakyeon refrained from struggling and stilled himself letting the rapper hug him comfortably. Wonshik does as the man inside his embrace stop wriggling, he then now engulfing the smaller figure tightly, without the intention to let go for the next hours.

Hakyeon reciprocate the hug, give comfort to the man...even his heart was drenched in pain. He'll make sure Wonshik is in best condition before he goes back to his hotel, even before the manager will notice he wasn't there.

“One last hug Ravi...one last.”

Upon hearing those words...Wonshik tighten the hug even more, if that was even possible.

“I'm really sorry hyung...from the bottom of my heart...I'm sorry Hakyeon-hyung.”

---

A/N:

I’m so sorry for breaking your hearts all with the last five chapters (from 16-20) *criess* T^T

This is the last chapter of cries and sobs.

Let’s all unfold how the VIXX members will try to reconcile with their leader~

See you in future chapters’ guys ^^

Comment down how you feel! I love reading your comments, it makes me smile and cry like crazy! Hihi thank you for all of you! Love y’all <3