Love Waits

Value of Love

Grateful that when he came back dorm he doesn't have any schedules outside apart from the still on-going vocal and dance training despite of the group's long run in the industry. The company had continually trained them in various aspects like vocal, dance, acting, variety and even language because the agency thought even if they had survived the crucial debut year that will dictate if they will continue or not (if the debut and first or second comebacks failed, disbandment follows; on the other hand, if it succeeds, they continue), they still have a lot to improve and those days were today for Hakyeon.

He felt guilty for being not there for the maknae where they should have done it together yesterday and since he wasn't available that time, he'll make up for it today only with the case that this time, the maknae isn't around because of his schedule.

The members would be back at the dorm probably before dinner so he still has a lot of time to be alone at the dorm when he comes back after training. He wasted no time and walk downtown to their company building.

The air wasn't fresh compare the air in the mountains but at least the air in the city was familiar. He took his leisure time walking and looking around the neighborhood. He has no chance to actually walked around here because of their idol life but seeing it now, the place was nice and feels safe. There would be grandparents playing with their grandchildren. An athlete with a pair of pups. Teenagers having fun. Partners doing couple-things. Sons and daughters begging their parents to buy them new toys and the parent will buy it no matter what.

He soon reached his destination without realizing it because he was amazed by simple things he had passed through the walk before.

He opened the door of the small vocal training room he was supposed to use yesterday only to see a man sitted on the carpeted floor legs attached to his chest and arms around his shin and chin above his knees and eyes darted to the floor. The man didn't notice Hakyeon's existence so he called for him.

“Hyuk...”

The maknae slowly lift up his head and looked up. Upon seeing the leader standing above him, he stood right away and unknowingly hugged the man with a tight that expressed the intuitive love initially planted on babies upon they were given birth to the world. It was the love of a child that has been separated from his parents for a long time. Tears crossing the border of few underlashes invading the fluffy space of the maknae's cheeks.

They stayed like that -Sanghyuk hugging Hakyeon- for how long, they didn't know.

Hakyeon did not resist or refrain because as of now, the care about the man in front of him is bigger than the pain the man had caused to him.

He knew the maknae needed him. The maknae needed his comfort, his hugs, his love, his affection, the mere presence of him. Hakyeon wasn't selfish enough to grump that away from Sanghyuk. Because no matter how many times the maknae would hurt him, in the end, Hakyeon will still love him at all circumstances and will forgive him...only now was not the time.

The important matter as of the moment, he needed to make sure the maknae will feel better again. He didn't want the younger male to fall deeper in despair and guilt. Sanghyuk is still young to problem such things in life.

So he reciprocates the hug.

A hug that is true...this time.

He drew circles on the maknae's back to better him, to stop his tears, to halt his cries and sobs, to cease his pain.

Hakyeon ‘shh-ed’ him, and in after some minutes, the man stop crying.

But the man stayed hugging the leader while the older male hugging him back as tight as how the younger male would hug him.

“Hyung...I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry. I realized how disrespectful I had been to you. How nuisance I became. How I actually took you for granted. How I didn't appreciated your efforts, your helps, your everything...you, yourself. I must have been so messed up in the head that it was kinda too late for me to realize all these things...it snapped me all at once how I became so depressed, pressured, down, I'm almost in the verge of giving up and it finally sparked me awake that I will never experience those things if you were just here by my side always be there for me everytime day or night, rain or shine, because that's how you love me. That's how big your love for me. That's how you really truly love me...” Sanghyuk let go of the hug and looked at Hakyeon's face. Seeing the older man in his glossy eyes too, he continued. “I know you may not forgive me now, or tomorrow, or the following days, weeks, months, years...but hyung, know that I will wait until that day will come...of finally you're ready to forgive me and love me again. I'm really sorry hyung...and expect me to carry missions and exert efforts just to claim back all the attentions that was supposed and probably will always be mine.” Sanghyuk chuckle a bit of his lil possesiveness.

Hakyeon was all ears for everything the maknae had confessed. This was only what he wanted. For them to realize. For them to apologize. Peace offerings aren't important. But the truthfulness of the heart and soul that really longs for forgiveness is enough...enough to continue the love they had...they have...they still have.

“Thank you Hyuk-...thank you Hyukkie.” Hakyeon said whole-heartedly. “Love is patient Hyuk-ah...so I hope you'll wait until all the pain was healed...all the grudges were freed...all the hurt has moved on...and the heart was ready to love again...ready to be hurt, to be in pain...but stronger enough to hold on.” He said smilingly, looking through the caramel eyes of the maknae telling his soul that every word Hakyeon had spoken just now was true, nothing but the truth.

Sanghyuk nodded understanding all what Hakyeon had said to him. Yes he wanted to be forgiven right away and it's not because he doesn't has the choice because the leader said wait for him but...the loyalty Sanghyuk had for the leader has always been there in all days and if Hakyeon says be patient, he will be.

“Hyung...I just want to give this to you.”

Hakyeon looked skeptically as Sanghyuk has nothing in his hand aside from the leader's hand in the maknae's.

“If our love ceases to be...that's the end of the world for me.”

Sanghyuk finally conveys his love for Hakyeon. He loves him as his leader. He loves him as his hyung. He loves him as his friend. He loves him as his parent. He loves him as his brother.

Hakyeon gave him a curt nod as an understood statement for his poetry line.

Seeing Hakyeon nod that the older male had understood him of how he really cares and love him, he initiated to start their training. Sanghyuk had explained to Hakyeon that his schedule was moved a little later this afternoon that's why he's in here improving himself.

“Hyung...this was a new vocalization technique given to us...here listen to it.” Sanghyuk bent down and get the tablet and handed it to Hakyeon. The leader played it and look bewildered as he heard it before. They sat down with no-space between them.

“You really sure this is new?” He asked the maknae, smilingly.

Sanghyuk chuckles knowing he could, again like before, throws jokes with Hakyeon.

“Just kidding hyung...” He smiled. He put on the right piece of the earphone on his, while the left piece was on Hakyeon's. “Let's start hyung!” He said excitingly.

‘Nae nae nae nae nae nae nae nae~’

They vocalized together.

“Hyung it's like this!” Sanghyuk stood up and dance while he vocalized. “You watch me whip, you watch me nae nae nae nae nae nae nae nae~”

Hakyeon burst out laughing. He couldn't resist his laughters as the maknae was so hilarious in his silly vocalized dance tactics.

“You've been thinking of that the whole time, aren't you?...it's really funny!” Hakyeon commented comically that brought laughters to the maknae's lips realizing he has been caught red-handed by the leader.

They sang ‘Starlight’ and learned the contemporary dance the maknae had prepared yesterday. And just like that, they spend the hours together happily...truthfully, before Sanghyuk left for his schedule. The maknae insisted of walking Hakyeon back to the dorm but the leader refused because he said he wanted to stay a bit and trained for himself. So the maknae did not persisted anymore knowing Hakyeon needs some time alone.

He walked out the room giving his partial goodbyes to the leader. He went out the building with a full smile on his face thinking about that day, hoping for that day to come quickly, but will wait for that day patiently.

---

A/N:

‘If our love ceases to be…that’s the end of the world for me.’ Credits to 2NE1 “Missing You” Music Video