Comforting Solace

Value of Love

Things were a little slow but there is a progress. Thanks to the maknae, Wonshik feels he had lifted a part of his heavy feelings. Though there are still left inside his heart, he knew someday they will vanished. He only needed to make an effort to do so.

Wonshik went out his studio and called Jaehwan but his calls were directed to voice mail so he instead goes their company building and search for anyone. He went to the practice room but no one was there. He opened every single small vocal room but there is no traced of souls there and in the peak of his patience he opened the last door and spotted the most unexpected person he didn't expect he would see, it felt like he saw a celebrity in real life.

“Hyung...”

The man looked up and saw the rapper was there standing looking bewildered. The man cupped his face touching if there was a thing on his face because the rapper looked like he saw a ghost or something.

“Wo-...wow! You look like you saw a ghost here.” Hakyeon commented teasingly.

Wonshik shook his head. “No...I was just...mesmerized! I really didn't expect to see you here.”

“Ahh...I'll be leaving right away, don't worry.” Hakyeon said dejectedly.

The leader was about to stand but Wonshik was quick-witted to stop him from standing and sat beside him. He didn't think much, he lays his head on the man's shoulder. Cherishing this very rare moments where he could be this close to Hakyeon while the leader sat stiff from sudden turn of events.

No one talk as words aren't important now and didn't actually need to fill the air because the sole presence of each other was more than enough for the two.

Wonshik lift up his head and looked at Hakyeon, where the latter looked back at him.

“Hyung...I'm-...so-...I'm thinking if you could record the guide song for my newest composition. If only that would be okay for you?” The rapper stuttered confessing his apologies thinking that the leader isn't ready yet to forgive so he changes the topic that also holds a lot of value and importance to him. He wanted the leader to be part of his masterpieces. He spent days and nights for his songs and he wanted those to be sung by the people he valued the most...s. So if one of s would actually sing his self-composed songs, that would be the best of the bestest things can happen in the world.

“Ravi I-...” Hakyeon stopped barely thinking of something he shouldn't say. “Yeah sure.”

Soon enough they found theirselves in Wonshik's studio. Hakyeon inside the soundproof recording cell while the rapper sat down in the studio itself.

Wonshik pressed the button that allows him to talk to Hakyeon from the inside since the room Hakyeon was into is soundproof.

“Hyung...calm down! You'll do great!”

Wonshik played the instrumental and Hakyeon started singing. He sang oddly for the first note familiarizing himself to the song. Wonshik let him listen to the song first and let the leader study the song for a while.

“You okay now hyung?”

The leader nodded as an answer.

“Ok hyung you need to be very happy! This song is about happiness! Think of the happiest moments of your life!”

Hakyeon listen to what the rapper said. And so he thinks.

And there is only one answer to that. Or rather one compiled moments of that.

It was when Hakyeon is together with VIXX members in ups and downs, in sickness and health, in loses and wins, in sweats and tears, in sleepless nights and restless days, in sadness and happiness, in every seconds and minutes and hours spent together with them. Hakyeon was the happiest especially if he was with VIXX. There would be no comparison that could replace VIXX in anything in the world. Because VIXX is his world...and happiness. Because VIXX is love. Because he was VIXX. And VIXX is Hakyeon...with Taekwoon, Jaehwan, Wonshik, Hongbin and Sanghyuk.

But as he thinks of the happiest moments of his life, as stated above, happiness is paired with sadness.

The last time he went here, he was demanded to leave.

He wasn't needed here. He wasn't supposed to be here. He must not be here.

Even his eyes were closed; tears suddenly form behind the lid and quickly escape the close boarder of lashes that soon explored the mountains of Hakyeon's cheeks.

The rapper could only watch the leader from afar. He wanted to go inside and hug him and comfort him just like the way the man would comfort the rapper. But he was stopped by the mere thought of Hakyeon doing the same to him like what Hakyeon had reacted to Jaehwan last time. Yes it hurts seeing Hakyeon like that to other member but if that hurts already this way, what more if the leader would actually do it directly to him. And by that, by the fear he felt, he stopped himself from going inside and do all sorts of things he supposed to do.

“Hyung...are you ready?”

The man inside wipes his cheeks and nod.

“We'll start hyung...relax okay?”

Again the man nodded only.

The instrumental played and Hakyeon sang by the mere melody only as the first guide.

[A/N: Hakyeon is singing which his headphones produce a full instrumental of the song, no voices just the song and he's the one to form the melody based on what Wonshik had imagined...and somehow that's a really difficult task to do, as idols tend to sing songs with a guide voice already.]

Wonshik, from time to time, would halt Hakyeon and suggest him to do this and that parts like this and like that. He would comment 'your voice sounded off tune', 'you’re a little faster than the tempo', 'you’re loosening the voice concept of the song' and a lot more that makes the recording studio a little awkward.

Hakyeon works hard because he sets his mind to finish the song today. He doesn't want to cause inconvenience to the composer. So he takes in consideration all the comments of the rapper. And soon enough they finished recording the song.

“The why a leader is a leader!” Wonshik praised Hakyeon as soon as the man emerges out from the recording cell.

The leader only smiles at him, not admitting the compliment.

“Hyung...you lead us so well, you sing so well to the extent of Jaehwan-hyung and Taekwoon-hyung is just one level above you and most of all you dances so great. You're good at variety too! You’re handsome too. Wow hyung...you had everything!” Wonshik showers the man with praises.

The man cannot hide his blush as the heat crept up his cheeks.

“Ravi uhmm...I need to go.”

“Now?”

Hakyeon nodded.

“Oh...” Wonshik said dejectedly. “I was about to ask your opinions for my other compositions.”

“I guessed I can give those a quick look then?”

“You sure hyung?!”

“Yeah...I guess so.”

“Thank you hyung!” Wonshik hugged Hakyeon suddenly out of joy.

Hakyeon smiled truly behind the rapper's head.

Wonshik sat down the chair he usually takes and Hakyeon was about to sat down beside him but suddenly Hakyeon stopped. The leader remembered the moment he sat down that chair he bring forth chaos to the studio's owner. Wonshik saw the hesitation on the eyes of Hakyeon so he grab his hand with his two hands covering the leader's hand with his and lead him to sit down. Hakyeon with the assurance from the rapper's hands, he sat down next to him.

“Hyung it's okay. There's nothing gonna happen. It's not your fault that the coffee was spilt, it was really mine. And...there's no coffee right now, so, there's nothing to spill!” Wonshik said laughingly.

Hakyeon was about to slice his neck but he stopped his hand midair.

Wonshik, again, saw the hesitation from the leader's eyes. So he grabs the hand and let the hand neck-sliced him with his lead. Guide the hand to cup his own face.

“Hyung...you can chop my neck everytime you want, you can touch my face everytime you want, you can pinch my cheeks everytime you want, you can hold my hand everytime you want.” Wonshik admitted lovingly. “But there's one thing you cannot do just everytime you want to do it...” Wonshik said teasingly in an unending tone.

“What is it Wo-...Wonshik...?”

Wonshik smiled. Smile that came from Hakyeon's lips finally calling him by his name, like the always.

“You cannot leave me everytime you want.” Wonshik trailed off with his voice's volume decreasing at the end of his sentence and collapsed forwardly to the leader's embrace.

Shocked. More than shocked. Hakyeon almost panicked but he let himself calmed. He can't be panicked at this very moment where Wonshik suddenly collapsed. He taps lightly the face of the rapper while calling his name, “Wonshik!...Wonshik-ah!” and shakes the rapper hoping the man will regain consciousness again but the man still remained like a sleeping pup.

Tears forms fast in his eyes and in no time escapes from his eyelids and drenched his cheeks and the rapper's face.

“Wonshik!” He called. “I won't leave you! Please wake up now! I won't leave you anymore! So please don't leave me too! I'm sorry for being such a dramatic hyung! Wonshik-ah! Please I'm begging! Wake up!”

The man still remained unconscious.

Hakyeon pull out his phone from his pocket and slowly dialed the emergency hotline but a hand suddenly grips his wrist and he dropped the phone from surprise.

He looked at the rapper's face -that lays on his chest- who is now looking at him.

Laughters burst out from Wonshik's lips but Hakyeon was the opposite.

“YAH!” He shouted. “How could you do that to me? You don't know how fast my heartbeats were! My heart's almost jumped out from my chest! I never felt this so nervous in my life! Yah Wonshik! You prankster!” Hakyeon throws his jelly martial punches to the rapper but Wonshik grab his hands and pulled him even closer and hug him.

“Hyung...you cannot take back what you had said to me just now. I had the evidence.” Wonshik let go from the hug but they still had a palm-away distance and picked his phone from his table and clicked on something and soon Hakyeon's sobbing weary panic voice was heard from the phone, repeating all the words the leader had said.

Hakyeon couldn't resist anymore, a tingling sensation rose from his stomach to his throat and laughters bubbled out from his lips.

The studio was filled with laughters from Hakyeon and Wonshik who had found their comforting solace, again, between them.

---

A/N:

Super-duper advance Happy Birthday to LEE HONGBIN! I may not be able to greet him on the exact date of his birthday so I rather take this chance, better early than never~