Words of Hugs

Value of Love

Two weeks had passed since the so-called improvement to the maknae's and rapper's relationship with the leader. The remaining members notice how the leader would actually call them by how Hakyeon usually call them, like ‘Hyuk-ah, Hyukkie, Wonshik-ah, Wonshikkie’, and because of that somehow, one of the members got a bit jealous. He asked the two members what they had done to make a change of heart to the leader. But the two would only answer him, 'We apologize, sincerely', and that's the truth so he asked no questions even more.

Watching the leader has been a bit sweet to Sanghyuk and Wonshik made an impact to Jaehwan. He can see Hakyeon is not awkward with them anymore, but the leader, in some level is not fully reconciled to the said two members. Jaehwan could sense that the leader is still a bit distant to the two members even though he looks like he had forgiven the two already.

Hakyeon had told Sanghyuk and Wonshik that even he had talked to them how he used to talk to them, act how he usually act around the two members, it doesn't mean the leader had forgiven them fully, so Hakyeon still reminds the two that he's still hurt, he's still pained. So he asked the two members to just wait until the leader's heart feels new again. And the leader warned them that there is a chance he might take years to finally forgive them wholy.

Jaehwan had managed to overhear those conversation two weeks ago. And the past two weeks is like hell to him. Hakyeon is smiling talking to Wonshik. Hakyeon laughs about Sanghyuk's jokes. But the leader would turn to a sad and or blank face whenever it was him the leader is talking to.

‘What had I been doing this past couple of weeks?’ He asked himself.

Maybe Sanghyuk bought Hakyeon flowers. Maybe Wonshik bought Hakyeon chocolates. But what I should buy Hakyeon? He literally can buy things for his own now, he has the money. He remembered what the two had told him ‘We apologize, sincerely’.

‘Haven't I apologized to Hakyeon-hyung sincerely?’ He asked himself again.

Jaehwan tries to remember anything Hakyeon had said to him that will somehow could give him clues on how to apologize to him. He cannot focus as the leader, the maknae, and the rapper has been so noisy while eating their breakfast. He looked at Taekwoon and Hongbin, he spotted jealousy in their eyes too but the two had eye-told Jaehwan that ‘Just let it pass, we'll probably can get to talk to him just like that’, he could read those through the eyes of the older vocalist and the visual's. But rush of emotions cover his head and heart he couldn't think straight so he stood up and goes back to his room and lock himself up.

He fell to his bed and started thinking about how he could get Hakyeon's attention back.

‘Damnit!’ He cursed his mind as he cannot think of something.

Days are passing by so quickly that their comeback date is getting nearer that's why late night practices are getting longer. Exactly three days after he cursed himself has passed rather quickly and today he has no schedules.

He stood straight confidentless in front of the mirror wall and when the music begins, he started improving himself. Maybe, if he can dance to their comeback song without making any, even small mistakes, would get him to get back Hakyeon's attention. And so he does. He practiced the whole day without a break. No food. No water. No rest. Until he cannot stand to his own feet anymore and felt like his head was cut off from his neck that he cannot think anything now. All he wants right now is for Hakyeon to come see him and hug him and tell him his doing great and dance with him...and forgive him.

 

Hakyeon walked through the living room ignoring everything and went straight to his own room. Flopped his bed for a while, then get up quickly and change his clothes to comfortable ones as he needs to practice his solo dance in their Sketchbook appearance once their comeback has started.

Sanghyuk called him for a quick dinner from the kitchen and Wonshik asked him something about Jaehwan but he didn't understand him as he was focused on bringing things he'll need once he started practicing his solo dance, so he just ignored it, anyhow, it was about Jaehwan he didn't care...no, he cares but...no buts! He told himself! ‘I care about Jaehwan!’ His mind told him. But he won't ask Wonshik what is it about Jaehwan, he'll sound desperate to know anything about the younger vocalist...where the truth is, he really wanted to know what's the thing with Jaehwan.

So he opened his bedroom door and exited their dorm ignoring Sanghyuk and Wonshik and the two remaining members.

Once he stepped out the building, he realized he should have taken Hongbin's offer of driving him to their company building. ‘Why is it so dark?’ He asked himself. Well its night Hakyeon that's why it's dark. He explained to himself in time of calming his mind from forming monsters in his thoughts. ‘How childish Hakyeon!’ He told himself. Don't be afraid of such non-existent creatures.

He walked downtown imagining it was daylight. How different the same city when its night time. The last time he walked through this street, it's lively and feels safe. Now, it was scary. There might be vampires on those narrowed dark space between buildings per building. There might be lady ghost, or cut-headed priest, or zombie walking behind him, running after his heart.

He cannot take it anymore. He run-walk to make his journey a little bit faster.

He soon enough reached their company building and collapsed on the cold hard wooden floor of their practice room. He's already exhausted from his walk even before he could start practicing. His heart slowly beats in a normal pace again once he had taken a couple of minutes lying on the floor. But his heart race again, running like in a marathon, once cries soon filled the room.

‘Ohmygod! I'm gonna die!’ He panicked for a bit.

The cries won't stop. But it gets louder and louder. A lot of horrifying creatures were already formed in his thoughts scaring the nighttime out of Hakyeon. It must be a white lady ghost who's crying. His boyfriend left her that's why she slit herself to bleed to death. Or was it a child who got lost here and dies out of hunger. Or was it an old trainee that got drop from member selection before debut and suicide. Tears were slowly forming in Hakyeon's eyes. He's totally afraid now as the cries won't really stop.

But he gathered all his confidence he has everytime he's in front of camera or performing, and followed where the cries came from.

He sat up and looked around the room. He saw a leg sprawled on the ground coming from the side of the sofa in the corner. Hakyeon cannot fully see who the person is, especially he was covered by the sofa's side and only his legs were seen.

He crawls -three feet away from the legs- so slowly until he spotted a man leaning against the sofa and the wall, crying.

Upon making out the face of the man, Hakyeon's arms gave up and he stumbles to the floor, face hitting the wooden ground.

He sat up, caressed his face out of pain and called out to the man. “Jaehwan-ah...”

Jaehwan remained still, not reacting to his surrounding, almost seem so lifeless.

Taking in the condition of his favorite cutest member, Hakyeon wasted no second longer and closed the remaining distance to the man, shaking him up.

“Jaehwan-ah...”

“...”

“Jaehwannie...can you hear me?”

“Jaehwannie?”

“Yes! It's me! Hakyeon-hyung!”

“Hyung!”

Realizing Hakyeon was right in front of him, talking to him, holding him, calling him with such oh so missed endearment, Jaehwan rushes and hugs the man he had long to be with.

“Hyung...you came!”

“Of course I will.”

“I mean, you came back!” Jaehwan distanced himself enough to look at the face of an angel but still inside the sanctuary clouds of his arms.

“What?”

“I thought you'll leave me...”

“No I won't. That will never happen.”

“Really?” Jaehwan asks, looking straight to his leader's eyes, as if capturing the honesty through his eyes.

“Yup! And...I didn't came back.” Hakyeon smiles, telling him all truthful things there are.

“What do you mean? You didn't came back for me?” Jaehwan asks worringly, troubled that this was just one of his desperate dreams.

“I didn't came back because I didn't leave.”

Jaehwan sealed the moment, hugging again the man who has been his stable ground since the start. If it weren't for Hakyeon, he had long given up everything.

“Anyway, what are you doing here? You should have gone to your bed if you're tired! Look at you! You look like a beaten doll! You don't have a schedule today right? You should have just rest the whole day!”

Jaehwan just listened to Hakyeon nagging him.

Memorizing every intonation of Hakyeon's voice everytime the leader is stressing some words for emphasis.

Remembering how Hakyeon's eyebrows would frown in sync to the rising of his voice, significance of his true feelings, worrying about s.

Cherishing how Hakyeon's forehead would wrinkle because of him being a worrywart.

Loving the way Hakyeon's lips would pout with every fall of his words of concern.

How blessed Jaehwan is having a leader who would always put himself last for s.

How Jaehwan received a gift of having a selfless brother in this greedy world.

How he felt not so lonely realizing he had made a family with the VIXX members, especially how the leader would take care of him like a real mother himself.

It all made sense to him now.

Not anything in this world can replace what he's having right now, with Hakyeon, with s.

“Thank you Hakyeon-hyung!”

“Huh? For what?”

“For everything?”

“Everything?”

Jaehwan ignored Hakyeon's uncertainty.

Sometimes words would not be enough to express yourself to a person you're so grateful for.

Words are just for ears.

Hugs are for heart.

For the third now, Jaehwan hugged Hakyeon again, and whispers to him some words he needed to say but let the hug convey what he truly wanted to say to the man in his embrace.

“Thank you Hakyeon-hyung. You wouldn't know how grateful I am having you here with me. Just know that I'm sorry and I'm thankful for everything.”

Hakyeon parted his lips to reply but shut it again.

He just valued the time they had.

The warmth of Jaehwan's arms.

The security it had.

The assurance Jaehwan has already reflected on himself.

That's all he wanted. For the members to just realize that he's not doing things for himself or to just nag them and make fun of them by babying them but the opposite of how they think it is, it's because he loves them.

They stayed in with each other's arms for how long they don't know.

If they could stay like that for another day more, they will.

“Jaehwan-ah, I have to practice.”

“Oh?! I almost forgot hyung!”

Hakyeon was skeptical of what Jaehwan has forgotten.

“I've been practicing the whole day!”

“Really?”

“Yup! Here look!” Jaehwan shows his elbows and knees to Hakyeon, proud that he got bruises from practicing so hard.

“Yah! Are you dumb? Why did you let this happen? Look at this!” Hakyeon poked the purple-blue-green damage on his right elbow.

“Aack!” Jaehwan hisses from pain.

“Yah! Jaehwan-ah! When did I let you practice to death like this?” Hakyeon nags again while rummaging something on his bag.

Jaehwan just smiles contentedly. Knowing the sassy Hakyeon, the motherly leader, has come back really.

Hakyeon knelt in front of him and tended his wounds, not being careful if he had patted a bit harsh on a single slit from Jaehwan's left knee.

“Hyung, are you getting your revenge on me? It hurts hyung!” Jaehwan pouts, faking a near-crying voice.

“You deserve this! You're brave enough to beat yourself up so be strong enough to endure the pain!”

Jaehwan just chuckles how cute his hyung is.

“What? Why are you laughing?”

“Nothing hyung! Nothing! Just...”

“You're making fun of me?” Hakyeon asks, fake-hurt.

“Let's go! We still need to practice. You had slacked enough from the pass hours hugging me.” Jaehwan said teasingly.

“YAH!” Hakyeon takes the hand Jaehwan offered for him.

“Let's start?” Jaehwan asks.

“You first. Let's see how far you've practiced. Let's see if those bruises are real!” Hakyeon giggles.

“My pleasure, your highness!”

The two spent the whole night watching each other's improvement.

Treasuring that one will always be there for the other in all times. No matter what circumstances there might be. At least by now, the smallest holes in their friendship has been sealed already. That no matter what struggles, hindrances, storms come their way, their ship will never sunk. As long as the other one is there, holding his hand steadily, without the doubt of letting go, no such existence of anything can separate them.