Cuffs - 39

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A?N: Hey chingus! This chapter was supposed to be posted this afternoon but I wasn't really feeling well until now. Hope you like it guys.

A few more chapters and our story will finally come to its end.

Thank you to all our subscribers and upvoters!

Peace yow!

------

 

 

The atmosphere inside the court is heavy and intense. Both sides are anxiously waiting for the Judge to give his verdict for the most talked about case of the year. Media was barred from entering the court room and are now staying outside the court house waiting. We were all waiting for the Judge to give his decision on the case that the 9 chaebol heirs are facing.

 

We were all present - me, Sooyeon and Yuri unnie, Dad, Baba and his brother, and Bao Lian. Detective Kim was also with us waiting for the verdict. She said that she has been waiting for this decision for a long time.

 

“I trust Judge Cho… he handled your case without bias and no one succeeded on bribing him. We will finally get justice for those victims Ms. Jung…” Detective Kim smiled at me and patted my hand.

 

I looked around and saw the families of their victims crying, nervously waiting for the verdict. This is it…

 

“All rise…”

 

The Court Clerk cleared his throat before continuing “The court is now in session. Please take a seat.”

 

Judge Cho sat on his seat at the top of the podium looking around the court room. He sighed and passed the black folder to the Court Clerk to read his decision.

 

“Due to the evidences and witnesses submitted by the Seoul Prosecutors Office, the arguments that was presented, it has been proven that all of it are truthful. This Court has found that the accused persons - Kim Junmyeon, Kim Minseok, Kai Kim, Kyungsoo Do, KIm Jongdae, Byun Baekhyun, and Park Chanyeol are guilty of 12 counts of , 5 counts of murder, 3 counts of Illegal Detention and Possession of Illegal substance. For the accused Oh Sehun, 13 counts of and 5 counts of murder, 3 counts of Illegal Detention plus Possession of Illegal substance. This Court is hereby sentencing the accused persons - Kim Junmyeon, Kim Minseok, Kai Kim, Kyungsoo Do, Kim Jongdae, Byun Baekhyun, and Park Chanyeol  of 12 counts of lifetime imprisonment without chance of parole and with hard labor for the 12 counts of , 5 counts of lifetime imprisonment for the 5 counts of murder, 5 years each for the 3 counts of Illegal Detention, and 5 years each for the Possession of Illegal substance. For Oh Sehun, he is hereby sentence to 13 counts of life imprisonment with hard labor and without chance of parole, 5 counts of lifetime imprisonment for the 5 counts of murder, 5 years for 3 counts of Illegal Detention and 5 years for Possession of Illegal Drugs. For Zhang Yixing being an accomplice to the crime in connection to the case filed by Jung Soojung against Oh Sehun, he is hereby sentenced to serve 5 years imprisonment at Incheon Detention Center. The remaining 8, Park Chanyeol, Oh Sehun, Kim Junmyeon, Kim Minseok, Kai Kim, Kyungsoo Do, Kim Jongdae, and Byun Baekhyun will be immediately transported to Gyeongbuk Northern the Second Correctional Center.”

 

Cries of joy and sorrow can be heard. Joy in behalf of all their victims, the families of the 5 poor souls they killed, and the other victims of their evil deeds. Moon Chae il’s parents are crying at the back happy at the decision given by the court.

 

At the other side was the family of the chaebol heirs who are all disappointed and ashamed of the decision. Their mothers howling in sorrow because they can’t take that their precious sons are going to be incarcerated for a lifetime.

 

Lifetime, they deserve it ten times over… even 12 times over. Until they turn into ashes.   

 

Money. Their money can’t do anything for them now.

 

“This Court is commanding the camp of the persons accused to pay 50 Billion each in damages to all the victims and to their immediate family as soon as possible, as payment for all the damages the victims has received, in terms of livelihood, physical, and emotional."

 

“This Court has reached a final judgment and hereby announce that the case is closed. This Court stands adjourned.” As soon as Judge Cho’s gavel pounded on its sound block, loud cheers and cried can still be heard inside the court room.

 

There was a small commotion when the 8 accused started trashing and calling their families for help, asking their mothers to not let them be take away by the police. My bodyguards were in fighting stance shielding me away from the possible attacks that might happen.

 

I can see Oh Sehun staring at me with deadly intensity, shouting at the tough of his lungs that he’s going to do everything to get out of that prison. He was the only one doing that while all his 7 friends are crying their hearts outs like kids deprived of their freedom to play outside. Park Chanyeol was carried by the police by carrying him like a lunatic in a straight jacket because of his non-stop kicking and crying.

 

The last one to be taken is Zhang Yixing. How ironic… he’s gonna be my cousin in-law.

 

I already visited him yesterday at Seoul Pre-Trial Facility and had a serious talk with him. Again, he asked for my forgiveness and he said that he still regret everything. That he’s beyond mad at himself for being a coward and selfish, that he brought shame to the clean name of the Zhangs. That he wish to also give his apologies to his cousin Amber for the mistake he has done.

 

“Forgiveness is only given to those who are worthy, Yixing. Someday, maybe someday.”

 

The Police are already escorting him, he was looking very calm and collected. He stopped near our bench and faced Baba before giving his bow to the man he considers as his second father. He also bowed to his estranged Father and smiled at him, and last was to me giving me a farewell smile. I bowed back at him and he proceeded to be taken outside.

 

We were already exiting the court room when Mrs. Oh suddenly halted our tracks with tear streaked face, her eyeliner already running under her eyebags. Na Ra and Wookie quickly covered me from the older lady’s attack who was screaming bloody murder at me.

 

“YOU!!! HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU MAKE MY SON SUFFER! YOU ARE THE ROOT OF HIS SUFFERING… THE WOUND ON HIS CHEST WON’T HEAL BECAUSE OF YOUR CURSE!!! AND NOW THIS! HE IS INNOCENT!!!”

 

Sooyeon unnie was holding me, I can feel her trembling in rage and faced Mrs. Oh. “NO MRS. OH, HOW DARE YOU!! HOW DARE YOU TELL US THAT MY SISTER IS THE ROOT OF YOUR SON’S SUFFERING?! YOUR SON DESERVES TO SUFFER AND SUFFER HE WILL IN THE HANDS OF THOSE HIGH SECURITY INMATES AT GYEONGBUK. PAIN FOR PAIN, A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH MRS. OH…” Unnie was breathing so hard that Yuri unnie has to her back just to control her outburst. “THAT WOUND ON HIS CHEST WILL FOREVER BE A REMINDER OF HIS SIN, IT’S A CURSE GIVEN TO HIM BY THE HEAVENS.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sooyeon’s POV

 

 

After attending the trial, we went straight to the Italian Restaurant and had our late lunch. As usual, Yuri was eating a lot again but I know she can shed off the excess pounds in a few workouts.

 

Soojung excused herself from us and had a chat with the owner of the restaurant. The mother of the twins Bo Na and Joey, Chef Krystal. She was very kind and accommodating too, plus she is the older version of Soojung!

 

They look like twins! If she isn’t around her 40s now I will really believe that she is Soojung’s lost twin sister. Although my sister doesn’t have a twin… I’m sure of that. We haven’t met her other half, Bo Na said her Appa is at their restaurant in Busan visiting the branch and checking their old house.

 

I watched my sister from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter