Cuffs - 19

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our update for today! This chapter was originally split into 2... But I just can't separate it that I decided to just make it one and put all the links for background info for you guys. 

This chapter is all about the Zhangs and the Lius, how they became wealthy. A little something about Mrs. Liu too. Some bits here I got as an inspiration from my favorite trilogy, Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan. 

Hope you all like it! 

P.S.: Happy Birthday Lulu Puppy!

-------------

 

 

Yuri unnie and Dad came back two days after and we met them on the private visiting room again. Still I can’t look at him in the eye but I respectfully bowed at him.

 

He patted my shoulders as I introduce Soojung to him, my girlfriend bowing too and greeting him.

 

“Sir... This is Jung Soojung... My girlfriend.”

 

“I don’t know why... But I think I already saw you before...” Dad said. Soojung and I shared a look wondering why Dad said it.

 

Yuri unnie cleared and tapped Dad’s shoulder who is staring with fondness on my girlfriend. “Dad... I believe you are talking about that young lady at the Italian Restaurant where we ate a week ago. She and Soojung looks similar, the young lady is just cuter.”

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you Ms. Jung... I heard you are quite an intelligent and beautiful lady who captured the heart of this stubborn daughter of mine, Yiyun.” Aissssh! Although Dad said it in a joking manner, I’m still embarrassed because he keeps on calling me Yiyun.

 

Soojung giggled at what Dad said making me pout. “I’ll accept the beautiful part sir, but the intelligent part I’m going to think about it. Because your daughter has been rubbing her slight stupidity on me ever since we got together.”

 

I don't know why, but upon hearing the word 'rubbing' I suddenly remembered our rendezvous yesterday when the three were away... hehehe…

 

... This is not the time to have erted thoughts Amber.

 

“Yah! That’s not true!” all I can do is scratch my head while the three of them laugh on my embarrassed face. Soojung held my hand brushing her thumb at the back of it smiling. “I’m just kidding 'Yiyun'..” she winked at me making me bow down my head on the table.

 

I already have the courage to talk to Dad and I’m planning to do it later after discussing Soojung’s case. I have a lot to say to him and I wish he’ll understand...

 

And it seems Dad is fond of my girlfriend... Does it mean he approves of our relationship?

 

Yuri unnie showed a photo of a guy to Soojung in case my girlfriend remembers him. Soojung doesn’t know the guy because she only saw 8 guys back then at the bar area when she and Henry were chatting.

 

Unnie showed her a printed screen shot of the CCTV inside the bar, and pointed at the guy with the group. He was the 9th member of the group but it seems he was just observing.

 

“We will use the CCTV footage to change the view of the court on their behavior. What I need from that guy is to convince him to join our side and give his testimony. It’s a hard task but I hope his family can help us... He is Song Qian’s relative in China.”

 

“Jeongmal?! He is Eomma’s relative?” I nodded at Soojung and squeezed her hand for confirmation.

 

“Eomma’s mother is from the Zhangs in China.”

 

Yuri unnie said she and Sooyeon unnie will be flying to Shanghai in three days’ time. Eomma’s parents already prepared everything there and has already got in touch with the parents of that Zhang guy.

 

I still can’t believe it...

 

It’s such a small world...

 

Did fate bring us all together inside that cell?

 

After Yuri unnie and Dad explained to Soojung all the details of her case, Dad assured Soojung that she doesn’t have to worry on the expenses because it will be all for free. That is if....

 

“That is if Yiyun change her mind... About the attorney’s fee that she’s saying she’ll pay me even though I’m not asking for anything.” i looked away when Dad said it.


Soojung and I had a talk about it and she said she’s willing to accept my Dad’s help but it’s still up to me.

 

I cleared my throat and turned to look at Dad who was smiling at me, teasing.

 

Teasing?

 

When I turned to Yuri unnie, she was controlling her laugh.

 

Wae?

 

I found out why when I turned to Soojung who was staring at me coldly. Maybe she thought I’m being an again and prideful.

 

“I...I... “damn it why am I stuttering?!

 

“What do you say Yiyun?” Soojung’s brow was arching impatiently at my answer. She nudged my knees under the table urging me to talk.

 

“Arrggh! God! It’s Amber... And yes, it's okay Soojung."

 

“But Yiyun sounds good too...” she gave me a look that means something and I think we will stay late again later.

 

“I’m the one who gave you that Chinese name... Don’t you like it?” it was Dad who said it in a soft tone. I met his eyes and there were a lot of emotions going on in there. And one emotion I saw is hope...

 

And care... Love.

 

My father loves me.

 

Even though I am not his own, he loves me.

 

Soojung is right, not all fathers are showy. They have different kind of ways to show their love.

 

“D-dad...”

 

“Forgive me Yiyun...” he stood up and went to my side. Soojung smiled at me and told me that it’s okay, so I stood up too and face Dad.

 

“I should be the one asking for your forgiveness... I did a mistake and I’m paying it now here in the facility.” I gave him a sad smile that he understood.

 

He held on my shoulders and pulled me gently for a hug, a hug that is sincere. Full of care and fatherly love that I’ve been dreaming to receive from him for such a long time.

 

So this is what it's like to be enclosed in your father's arms. The feeling of being safe and loved.

 

“Don’t ever think that I don’t care for you... I know you’re thinking that I hate you. Yes i did, every time I will see you it reminds me of your Mother’s mistake. But... You are still my child and it doesn’t matter if we don’t share the same blood. I apologize if I didn’t show it to you... Dad is a big jerk.” he broke our hug and brushed away the tears on my face and he was crying too.

 

"I was always worrying about you... Everyday ever since that night I got mad at you. I can't sleep at night because I'm worrying if you are eating enough and if you are studying well. I was mad at your mother when she said you deserved it. I'm sorry if you have to live by yourself Yiyun... I'm sorry. This is all my fault. You wouldn't be here if not for my pride and close mind. I already accepted it Yiyun... I want you to be who you want to be and I'll support you."

 

That day, hearing Dad’s apology and acceptance to me was one of the happiest day in my entire life.

 

Before they said goodbye, he even teased Soojung with what he wants to happen when we get out of the facility.

 

“I suggest you and Yiyun should live together after serving your sentence here. Yuri here will find a suitable apartment for the two of you.” Soojung blushed profusely on what Dad said.

 

I scratched my head laughing, while looking at Soojung’s expression. What she said next made me choke on my saliva.

 

“Actually sir... I was going to ask your permission if it’s possible that Amber and I will live in the house my parents left for me and my sister.”

 

“Yah! Yiyun! Are you okay?” Yuri unnie was patting my back when I suddenly choke.

 

I didn’t expect that.

 

Damn.... My girlfriend just asked my father for permission to take me home. 

 

Sweet~~

 

Dad smiled and smirked at me “I don’t mind. You are all adults now... Just tell me what you two need and I’ll arrange it immediately.”

 

Dad... Can you arrange for me and Soojung to spend a night together in one cell? Sound proof so no one can hear us. Just one night come on! Without an audience!

 

Of course I can’t say that hehehe...

 

 

-----------

 


When we got back on our cell, Eomma, Puppy, and Ssul were waiting for us so we can eat our snacks altogether. Soojung told them about Dad's involvement in her case and she even praise Dad for being such a nice and humble person.

 

I felt happy and proud hearing those words from my own Soojung. She even said that he told her to call him "Dad" too since we are together now and basically she's already part of the family.

 

Well to my Dad... She already passed his test. But she hasn’t met Mom and I don't know how to describe her.

 

Dad and I had a private talk earlier when he asked Yuri unnie and Soojung to leave us alone for a few minutes. I told him how sorry I am for being inside this facility. I also asked him how Mom is and he answered me with a sad look.

 

You see, Dad and Mom's relationship has been on the rocks ever since before I was born according to Yuri unnie.

 

When Mom and Dad met, she was a model who was trying her luck in the entertainment industry. Dad was having a vacation in Seoul together with his lawyer friends, his squad that time.

 

What I know is he's from a very prominent family from Shanghai and Taiwan. Grandfather Liu is badass old money rich… Old money as in their richness is beyond compare, coming from generations not like those newly minted millionaires in China.

 

Long story short, they were introduced to each other and both were smitten. Something happened, Dad being a gentleman asked Mom to marry him but his father didn't approve of the marriage because Mom is a nobody from Korea and Dad was supposed to marry a girl from a very prominent Chinese family from Singapore, the Youngs.

 

His father disowned him and took out his name from the family's will. They went home to Korea and stayed here, Dad practicing his profession and eventually became successful and built his own law firm.

 

Dad supported Mom since they got married. My mother never worked again as a model and became a stayed at home Mom who was pampered to the roof by her husband.

 

The problem with Mom is, she's a lazy bum. We have a helper in the house while we were growing up, Mrs. Jang and her son Jongsuk. You'll never see her wearing normal house clothes, she's always dress to the nines. Complete with make-up and fabulous European labeled clothes.

 

Growing up, like I said, it was always Yuri unnie beside me. Changmin Oppa... Hmmm... He did take care of me too but he was too busy studying, he even took law first same as Yuri unnie but until now he hasn’t passed the licensure exam and the Civil exam. I don't know why... He isn't stupid, he's intelligent. Maybe he got Mom's sickness: laziness.

 

I now understand why Dad felt hurt whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter