Cuffs - 27

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Update juseyo part 2! 

See you all tomorrow! 

 

--------

 

The game went on and we were all enjoying it when the bell rang indicating that our time outside is over. We rushed to our cells to freshen up because we were all sweaty from all the running and dodging we did. Amber piggy backed me all the way to our cell because they lost hehehe that’s our agreement.

 

After changing our uniforms, the five of us were escorted by Officer Kim to the mess hall so we can prepare for lunch.

 

When we arrived there, I was the one who was surprised. All our inmates were already there waiting for us to arrive. Apparently, while we were inside our cell they already went ahead and fixed the place, even putting up balloons and a banner greeting me a ‘Happy Birthday!’. all of them started to sing the birthday song even clapping their hands to the beat looking so ecstatic.

 

I teared up when I saw my old friends smiling back at me, there was Jiyong and Suzy my friends from the university, Henry and the boys from the Dance Club whom I consider as my brothers were waving enthusiastically at me, even Shindong oppa was there and Eunhyuk oppa although Leeteuk oppa was nowhere to be found. They were all standing at the far away corner happy to see me. I can see that Shindong oppa and Eunhyuk oppa’s eyes are red because they were crying when they saw me again.

 

Director Kwon was beside Daddy Liu smiling at me too, and beside her was my sister Sooyeon unnie who was smiling back at me but behind that beautiful smile of hers I can see sadness and hurt. I don’t see Yuri unnie around maybe she doesn’t have the guts to face me.

 

I looked back at my extended family inside this prison and they were smiling back at me, happy to see that I am happy with what I’m seeing right now. Amber held my hand and squeezed it then wiped the tears on my face with a loving smile.

 

“They are all here because they want to celebrate this special day with you. Smile Soojung-ah, all this people loves you to death.”

 

It was a happy occasion, Dad hired this Mexican restaurant to do the catering service. Coreanos was my favorite place to eat when I was still studying then Sooyeon unnie cooked my birthday soup. Eunhyuk oppa brought my favorite meat and shared it to all the inmates and even brought a cake for me.

 

Looking at them all, I realized how stupid and foolish I am to think about ending my life when I was still inside the Pre-Trial facility. If I had succeeded killing myself, I would never had the chance to meet all this wonderful people who loves me and cares for me. I would never had the chance to fight for my innocence and I would never had the chance to meet Amber and fall in love with her.

 

I was seating beside Sooyeon unnie chatting and eating with her. How I miss my sister… I hope to see her soon and be with her outside this facility. She told me about the night when Yuri unnie told her about what happened in Shanghai.

 

She was controlling herself not to cry because she doesn’t want any attention and there are lots of people around. Beside me was Amber who was listening intently on her story, holding my hand.

 

At first she said she was in denial… that what she heard was a lie. That it didn’t happen because what she knew was Yuri unnie is sleeping beside her that night. That when she woke up Yuri unnie was already awake and fully showered and was so sweet at her that day. She didn’t even had the inclination that something already happened when Yuri unnie suggested to her that they fly home earlier than the schedule.

 

What she just noticed strange about Amber’s sister was when they are already in Seoul, Yuri unnie was always staring in space and had trouble sleeping at night. She thought Yuri was just stressed with her other cases and she just shrugged it out.

 

So that dreadful night when Yuri told her that she cheated on her, told her why it happened, Unnie said all she did was pick up her phone and wallet on the table and turned around, leaving Yuri unnie’s apartment and not looking back. She said it was raining hard that night and it annoyed her more because it was like a scene from a drama. She hates watching that kind of scenes in dramas that’s why when she realized it was happening to her, she screamed so hard and flagged a taxi down.

 

When she finally arrived in our house, that’s where she broke down and cried. She cried herself to sleep that night like what I expected, she said Yuri unnie followed her in our house but she locked the door that’s why Yuri was pounding on the door calling her. Asking for forgiveness…

 

She said Yuri unnie stayed outside the door of our house until morning still calling her to open the door and talk to her. When unnie didn’t bulge, Yuri unnie said she will come back and they will talk. She said when she comes back from Gyeonggi Province, they will talk. Then she left.

 

“And until now she hasn’t comeback…” unnie said sadly at us in a whisper worry evident in her eyes.

 

Somehow I feel annoyed when I saw how worried she is. Yuri unnie doesn’t even deserve that kind of worry from hers.

 

“Why are you worrying for her?! Let her! She did something unforgivable unnie… don’t tell me you are willing to forgive her? She cheated on you!” I hissed at her in a low voice so no one can hear.

 

She patted my hand and smiled sadly “Can’t I be worried for someone who became a part of my life? Remember Soojung… we are not even official. Attorney Liu doesn’t have any idea about our relationship. So basically, we are just two individuals playing together.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter