Cuffs - 31

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey Chingus! Dropping off an update for today! The Battle will start...

How much are you willing to do for love? 

 

Thank you to all our subscribers and upvoters. I hope you are all enjoying the story and its drama.

 

--------- 

 

 

Sooyeon's POV

 

It's the night before Soojung's re-trial, Yuri and I are staying late in her unit finalizing all the details and making sure the papers are in order. She has been practicing her opening speech back and forth at the living room and I can say that she is ready.

 

Yuri, I don't know how to say this... But she looks glowing tonight. Not like days ago when we were still having our fight.

 

She looks like a zombie before maybe because she can't sleep at night and she's so stressed with all the guilt she has inside her when she did that mistake.

 

But now looking at her, watching her speak confidently doing her speech in front of her life size Mickey Mouse stuff toy sitting on a chair makes me smile.

 

We didn't talk about it anymore, the mistake she did. What's important is we are slowly building up again the relationship we have before it happened. Yuri is really making up for the pain and hurt she gave to me.

 

I haven't forgiven her because it's not that easy to forget. Let's just say that she will have to work her way up again to receive that forgiveness she wants.

 

"Your Honor..." She suddenly stopped on her pacing and covered . I narrowed my eyes looking at her from the kitchen where I'm making our coffee. She looks like she's gonna puke.

 

"Yuri... Are you okay?" Yuri nodded at me still covering , then ran all the way to the kitchen sink to throw up. I went to her side at the sink and rubbed her back to sooth her while she release all the food we ate at dinner.  

 

"Ugh... .. I think I have stomach flu Sooyeon..." She told me after her puking ended.

 

I reached out for a kitchen paper towel and gave it to her after she gargled. Helping wipe and face, I noticed that her lips are pale.

 

"Yuri... Why are you pale? Do you feel sick? Hey..." I tapped her cheeks when she closed her eyes and opened it, blinking at me.

 

"Mianhe... My head was spinning just a moment ago. I think Amber's bread still makes me sick. Ugh. I think she poisoned me haha..." I lead her to a chair in the dining table and let her sit there.

 

"Here drink your coffee..." She was going to drink it when I stopped her, startling her "On a second thought! Don't drink that because the acid will just make your stomach more upset. I'll just make you a tea wait for me..." I took the cup from her hands and planted a kiss on her forehead before I went to the sink and start heating water kettle in the stove again.

 

When I took a peek at her, she has her head leaning back on the chair looking at the ceiling. She was mumbling again, yes again. She's always mumbling legal words that I don't understand that sometimes I cover with my hands to shut her up.

 

Both of us will be laughing together and she will stop mumbling and grin at me. That was the happy times...

 

You can still bring it back Sooyeon...

 

I know...

 

I sighed and went back to her, stood beside her chair and cover with my hand to muffle her mumbling. She gave me an eyesmile and stopped what she was doing.

 

"You're mumbling again, stop that you sound like a bee." I uncovered and saw her smile while looking tenderly at me.

 

"Mianhe..."

 

"What do you feel?"

 

"I feel light headed..."

 

I took her head placing it on my stomach and hugged her gently, her face buried on the comforts of my tummy while I'm standing beside her. My free hand her hair to sooth her.

 

We stayed like that for a few minutes, the intimacy of the moment breaking when the water kettle whistled on the stove telling us that we should end this mushiness.

 

Did I say that Yuri became more clingy than ever before? Yes, she is. She was clingy before but after the storm she became even more clingy. Always wanted to be hugged and do everything I tell her to do.

 

"Hey... I need to get that or your unit will burn down.." she whined cutely but obliged and nodded.

 

Once I finished making her Green tea, i served it in front of her and sat on a chair beside her. She took a sip and closed her eyes, enjoying the flavor of the tea i found in her cupboard.

 

The color of her lips has slowly came back and she looks okay now. I wonder what did she ate that made her stomach upset...

 

We ate the same food at dinner, the difference is just she ate a lot. If it's the food I should be throwing up too.

 

"I think we should go to the doctor Yuri and have your stomach check. What if it's your ulcer is coming back again?" She waved her hand dismissingly and smiled at me.

 

She told me before that back in Law School she was so busy studying that she sometimes forget to eat, and it lead her to be sick and had stomach ulcer. But she said she's already okay and it was not acting up ever since she pushed herself to have a healthy diet.

 

"Maybe or maybe it's just the weather Sooyeon."

 

"Do you always throw up this past few days?" I asked her while wiping her face with a tissue.

 

"Hmmm.... The other day when Dad and I visited Amber and Soojung. The doofus gave us some of the bread they made inside. I ate a lot! The morning after, I threw up so maybe that's the reason."

 

I snickered on what she said and flicked her forehead. "What are you, starving? You ate a lot again!"

 

She held my hand laughing while her other hand holds her mug of tea and sipped on it. She placed it down on the table and pouted at me like a poor puppy.

 

"I was hungry... I'm just making up for the days I didn't eat..."

 

"And who's fault was that?!"

 

"Mine..."

 

We were silent for a minute, she was staring at the wall of her kitchen. I don't want to talk about it anymore.

 

"Finish that now and let's go to bed. We have to be at the courthouse tomorrow before 10:00 in the morning."

 

"Arasso..." Yuri's eyes were glassy I noticed. I cupped her face and turned her head on my direction to see what's happening.

 

"Are you crying?..."

 

"No... I just... I'm just happy you're here. I am somehow reminded that I don't deserve someone like you but you chose to stay beside me."

 

I can see from her eyes how much it means to her that I am there beside her. That I didn't leave her even after the storm.

 

She smiled at me and brushes her nose on mine and connected our foreheads like we're giving each other strength and support.

 

This is the only intimate act we have been doing ever since we got back together. Even though I want to kiss her I won't do it. That's one of my punishment for her together with no physical contact.

 

She accepted it and told me she will wait for the day that I can forgive her fully on what she did. She will wait for the day that I can stomach her again kissing me and making love with her.

 

"I haven't forgiven you Yuri..."

 

"I know... I'm willing to wait."

 

I smiled at her and took her body for a hug while her back. She sighed and whispered at me "I'm sleepy Sooyeon..." She rubbed her face on my shirt like a puppy.

 

One thing I noticed from her these past few days is that she's easily falling asleep. The moment her back lands on the mattress, a few seconds and she's already snoring.

 

"Why are you such a clingy baby Kwon Yuri? Kaja..." We broke the hug and I saw how sleepy her face is. She's not joking, she's really sleepy!

 

"What did you put on that tea? Did you put some poison in the tea you gave me? Are you killing me slowly?"

 

"Paboya... If I'm going to kill you it will be one time, big time." She laughed at what I said and yawned like a puppy while rubbing her eyes.

 

We went inside her room hand in hand, me pulling the sleepy Yuri behind me. I turned off the light and push her on the bed plopping like a kid wearing her Mickey Mouse pajama. Once we have settled on our position, she wrapped her arms on my waist pulling me closer to her.

 

"Good night Sooyeon-ah..." she whispered at me on the darkness of the room.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter