Cuffs - 20

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Yulsic for this chapter and the start of their journey in Shanghai. Hmmmm.... hehehe Another character will be added here!

Thank you to all our subcribers and upvoters!

Peace yow!

 

 

-------------- 

 

 

Shanghai Pudong International Airport

 

Our flight from Seoul to Shanghai took around 2 and a half hours including the line we met at the immigration. Dad said he already talked to the Songs and they will send someone to pick us up at the airport and bring us to the hotel where we will stay.

 

Detective Kim was supposed to join us too but because her brother in-law Jackson Hwang is getting married in 3 days time to the sister of the famous Ice Skater, she canceled at the last minute. We decided to bring Henry with us since he can understand Chinese.

 

"Who was the person who's going to pick us up Yuri?" Sooyeon asked me while I busied myself sending a message to Dad via KakaoTalk.  

 

"Dad said... It's..." What the ! The phone suddenly shuts down! "Shibal!!" I pulled my hair in frustration while stomping my feet.

 

Wae!!?

 

I've been a good girl!

 

Sooyeon and I even agreed that what happened with us that night is just momentary madness.

 

That it won't happen again.

 

But of course it happened again. And again. And again.

 

That's why we had an understanding that we are together but not official. Its a mutual decision and it's been wonderful.

 

Besides, we have our priorities. That is to solve Soojung's case immediately then after that maybe we can talk about what we have.

 

We remain good friends and closer than ever.

 

And I'm still not ready to admit to my parents about my uality. It's enough that Dad already came to accept Amber...

 

I'm not ready.

 

"Yah!! Don't tell me you didn't get the name?!" I scratched my head heaving a sigh.

 

Maybe that person will wave a banner at the exit that reads "Welcome to Shanghai Atty. Yuri Kwon and Party!". Besides Henry's here to translate whatever is written on it.

 

"I was going to but the screen wouldn't let me to. Maybe he's here..." I shrugged my shoulders at Sooyeon and she just gave me a cold glare.

 

"Henry!" She called Henry who was behind us pushing the luggage trolley.

 

"Yes noona?"

 

"Could you please read those welcome banners that the people here are waving. Yuri didn't get the name of the person who will pick us up." There was annoyance in Sooyeon's voice and it makes me laugh silently.

 

"Mianhe... My battery pack was drained too I forgot to charge it earlier before our flight."

 

She didn't answer me and just busied herself looking around. Damn... Me and my Chinese. I tried to learn a few basic words so I wouldn't be embarrassed.

 

 

 

An hour passed and we still haven't seen the person who will get us at the airport. I'm feeling hungry now since it's already dinnertime. Sooyeon is turning red now in annoyance wheeew!

 

I asked Henry to check the airport for any outlets so I can charge my phone. He came back with to-go cups of coffee and pastries.

 

I'm also feeling irritated now, how come no one is picking us up? I thought Dad and the Songs already arranged it?!

 

"Noona.." Henry called me with a grin on his face and legs crossed "I'll just go to the bathroom, I'll be quick!"

 

"Ka! Before you wet yourself here.."

 

"Actually my stomach hurts... Bye!" I shook my head smiling seeing him run to the direction of the bathroom.

 

Sooyeon cleared to get my attention. I looked at her and I can see that she's really tired.

 

"Hey..." I draped my arm over her shoulders and pulled her closer to me. She rested her head and snuggled her face on the crook of my neck.

 

Let me just say that I wish we can just get in a cab and go to any hotel there is around Shanghai. I just wanna rest in a fluffy bed with her beside me.

 

Did I just sounded like we're in a honeymoon trip?

 

"Sooyeon-ah... Mianhe.. you're tired already.."

 

"It's okay..."

 

"Are you mad at me?" She looked up to me from my shoulders and gave me her dazzling smile I came to love.

 

I came to love.

 

Yuri you're such a er for RomComs.

 

Her eyes formed into slits playfully teasing me. "I'm so mad at you right now Yuri Kwon I want to kiss you right here, right now in the middle of this busy crowd."

 

Ahehehehe...

 

Can I just say that I felt fuzzy inside and I can't help but smile like an idiot.

 

Damn.

 

“That can wait…" I smiled at her and bumped our noses together.

 

Someone cleared his throat and when I looked up, there was this tall guy dress in a white linen shirt and blue dress pants. He has this chinese idol-polish look, chiseled jaws, nice pointed nose, and eyes so intriguing pulling me in.

 

He has a small cardboard on his hands with chinese characters written on it and a photo of me?! The hell! Who gave that photo to him!

 

 

“Ehem… ummm… Yuri Kwon?” oh sheesh… even his voice is suave and deep.

 

Wait. What’s happening to me?

 

Sooyeon and I stood up to face the cute oppa in front of us having a cute shy smile on his cute face.

 

I just said the word CUTE three times. This is unacceptable.

 

Okay… how do I say this?

 

Right.. just nod and point to yourself Yuri so he’ll understand you!

 

“Ummm… Yes…Me…” I pointed to myself embarrassed of being a Chinese not knowing how to be a Chinese. “Yuri Kwon..” I grinned at him and bowed. He suddenly flashed his dazzling smile and I think my heart became confuse.

 

Wait. I’m gay. There’s this girl that is so special for me and she’s beside me right now diffing her nails on my arms while I start crushing on this cute, clean looking deep voiced guy that I probably won’t understand the words that will come out of his mouth.

 

“Ni hao…?” I grinned at him scratching my eyebrow. “Umm.. Wo jiao Yuriiii…” I’m really going to be hang in a tree for being such a bad half blooded Chinese.

 

Sooyeon was giggling beside me covering on my stupidness. I glared at her and looked back to the cute guy with an embarrassed smile. He was staring at me with those piercing eyes, like reading what’s on my mind. It’s making me nervous I admit, but I held my ground and raised my eyebrow at him.

 

“Mianhe… I mean, I’m Sorry?! umm.. English? You understand English?” Oh God please I hope so!

 

Where the hell is Henry!?

 

That’s his purpose here and where is he?! kissing the toilet bowl of the airport??!

 

“Atty. Yuri Kwon… My name is Song Bao Lian, I’m Song Qian’s brother.” my jaws dropped and I know I look so stupid right now with a surprise look on my face. “And yes, I can perfectly speak and understand English since it’s my second language growing up.” he flashed that killer smile again making me confused.

 

 

He speaks English well.

 

Perfectly well.

 

Posh English accent just like my f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter