Cuffs - 24

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey chingus! Here's our update for today. Hope you enjoy it!

I had a blast reading all your comments, gosh i can feel the emotions. 

Don't worry, Kryber chapters will be next after this. 

 

Thank you to all our subscribers! 

 

Peace yow!

----------

 

 

 

 

It was 2 days before Soojung’s birthday when I got a surprise visit from Yuri unnie. Officer Kim brought me to the way of the private visiting rooms.

 

Maybe Unnie and Dad are together again on their visit…

 

“I hope Dad brought pizza and boba again hehehe…” I mumbled to myself. Officer Kim opened the door to let me in. I saw Yuri unnie standing near the window looking outside the autumn morning sky.

 

“Thank you Officer Kim…” I bowed at Officer Hyoyeon and she gave me a salute and smile.

 

“I’ll come back after an hour 0918… your sister requested it to Director Kwon.” she turned around and closed the door leaving us sisters.

 

I excitedly approached Yuri unnie who seems to be in deep thought, she didn’t even turn around when I entered the room. I bumped my knees at the back of her knees startling her and letting out a curse on me hehehe…. just like old times.

 

“Amber! You monkey llama dip ! Why did you do that!?” she slapped my arms obviously annoyed on my prank. I pulled unnies’ arms enveloping her in a hug. I miss Yuri unnie…

 

“Mianhe unnie… you seem to be in deep thinking, you didn’t even see me enter the room. How are you unnie? How’s your trip in Shanghai with Sooyeon unnie?” I felt unnie’s right hand tighten her hold on my sleeves like she’s getting strength from it.

 

I was going to break our embrace when she stopped me, and spoke in a soft voice full of despair “Amber… just hold u-unnie for a while… please?”

 

“Arasso…”

 

We stayed like that for a few minutes, me just holding my sister. I can feel her vulnerability right at this moment and this is new for me.

 

She was always the strong girl that I know ever since we were kids, protecting me from those bullies at the playground. The strong unnie that I know when I need someone to lean on when I had a fall out with our parents.

 

She was always the confident one, the fearless, the smart one. Being a lawyer suits her well because she will do everything to depend you and give you the justice you deserve. That’s why I’m thankful she was willing to take Soojung’s case because I know she will do everything to make it right and just.

 

Her shoulders started to rock, she was crying… unnie is sobbing silently in my arms and all I can do is hold her. The roles had been reversed now… the one who always holds me when I’m down and defeated, needing comfort and guidance, is the one I’m holding now looking like she’s going to break apart.

 

I wonder what happened to her… is it about the case? Is there a bad news? Is it about Dad or any member of our family.

 

Her actions baffles me to the extent that I don’t know what to think anymore.

 

Her cry was full of emotions, she’s letting it out… whatever she is feeling inside.

 

Maybe it’s the pressure of the case that’s making her like this. But her cry screams a different sound…

 

It’s the same cry I dreamed of 2 nights ago when Soojung woke me up.

 

“Unnie… whatever it is you are feeling now or bothering your mind, you know you can count on me to listen. Tell me…. what is it?”

 

Her cries started to mellow down but she’s still in my arms. She took a deep breath and tilted her head at me, her eyes full of anxiousness. The black rings under her eyes visible indicating that she’s having a hard time sleeping at night.

 

What could it be unnie?

 

Is there trouble in paradise?

 

“Yuri Kwon, I’m your sister… tell me what’s bothering you. Because I won’t keep silent and not ask you things when I see you looking like . What happened? Is it about Dad? About Mom? Are they fighting again?” she shook her head and broke our embrace brushing the tears on her face with the back of her hands.

 

“Ani… why would I cry if they fight.. you know it’s a common thing in our house..” she said in a hoarse, soft voice. I guided her on the chair and sat her down, fixing the unruly hair of my beautiful sister.

 

I tried to make a joke to make her feel a little loose “Don’t tell me Changmin oppa finally passed the exams! Because I will join you in the crying if he did.” she laughed softly at what I said, still teary eyed and nose red in all the crying she did.

 

I took her bag and opened it expecting to see a packet of Kleenex inside. It’s one of the things she doesn’t forget to bring - her packet of Kleenex, a bottle of hand sanitizer, and a small bottle of mouthwash.

 

I pulled a few sheets of the tissue and wiped her tear stained cheeks while her eyes are looking down on her lap, her hands fidgeting on the hem of her jacket.

 

She looks like a poor child who was scolded by the Head Master because she was caught doing something inappropriate. I placed a sheet on her nose urging her to blow and she did actually, making me cringe because one thing I can’t stand is the sight of icky things.

 

But since she’s my beloved sister, I’m willing to endure it hehehe… same as when Soojung sneezed before showering me with her saliva and other things I don’t want to say.

 

After the nose blowing, I gave her another tissue and her back for her to calm down. The sniffles are now gradually slowing down and she took a deep breath before exhaling loudly, a trait of hers that never gets old. It means unnie is building up the courage to tell whatever is bothering her.

 

“How’s S-soojung? And you? Are the two of you well?” she asked without looking at me. Her gaze are still in her lap.

 

What happened to you unnie?

 

I cleared my throat and made my voice cheery while looking at her “Soojung and I are well… I already told her about my sickness before that’s why she’s extra exaggerating whenever I will sneeze or have a simple headache.”

 

“That’s good… and don’t think it’s exaggerating because you know I do the worst when I take care of you.” I smiled at the memory of our childhood when one day two weeks after my surgery, she came home carrying a skate board helmet for me to wear. She said to protect my thick skull hehehe…

 

“Hahaha… I know. I’m loving what she’s doing because she’s really taking care of me well like how I take care of her. She doesn’t have nightmares anymore and she has the courage to speak out and share her experience. Director Kwon made this support group inside and asked Eomma to headline it, we share stories and help one another.” she smiled but it didn’t even reach her eyes.

 

“That’s good to hear Ber… I’m glad she has reclaimed herself once again..”

 

“She’s so brave unnie… she said when you win the re-trial and gets out, she will build a support group outside for those victims of like her so she can give back and inspire other victims. She also wants to study Psychology and be like Eomma… I told her she can be a Psychologist and an Economist at the same time.” I chuckled at what I said remembering Soojung’s pout that night when we talked about it.

 

She said maybe she’s going to think again about studying because it will require money again to enroll. I saying I will finance her studies if she wants, I can be her sugar mommy. It earned a smack on my belly and a giggle from her.

 

Maybe if we are outside, I really am her sugar mommy. Because I will shower her with everything, whatever she wants. She said all she wants is bread and lots of food, she doesn’t need material things. Bread is enough for her hahaha!

 

Yuri unnie just nodded on what I said and looked me in the eye “Don’t let go of Soojung, Amber. Love her with all your heart and protect her, don’t do something that will break the two of you apart.”

 

What she said gave it away… there really is trouble in paradise.

 

“Of course, I will Unnie. I love her with all my heart and I will do everything to protect her and at the same time make her feel all the love I can give her. I promised her from the start that I will be at her side forever.”

 

She patted my knees sighing, then bit her lips looking like she wants to say something but it’s hard to say it. I interlocked my hand with unnie and she looked at me with tears on her eyes.

 

“Whatever happens Amber… be with her. Don’t leave her, take her side.”

 

Okay this is getting serious by the minute. My brows almost meet in suspicion, the words she just uttered making my brain jumble.

 

“What happened Unnie? Tell me… please.” I can’t stand seeing my sister like this… this… this miserable.

 

Her face shows of being guilty and regretful, she turned her gaze outside biting her lips before she looked straight into my eyes making me nervous on what she will say.

 

I think my breathing momentarily went into a halt when she said those words shocking me.

 

“Ber… unnie… unnie made a mistake.” tears started to pool in her eyes again and took a deep breath before continuing it “I…I.. God how will I say this! Unnie slept with someone back in Shanghai…”

 

I was just staring back at her digesting the words, mincing it like pork so it will fit into my brilliant, sometimes dense mind like what Soojung says. I tried to open my mouth to say anything but nothing came out.

 

“I cheated on her… I cheated on Sooyeon…”

 

What

 

Did

 

She

 

Said?

 

My mouth was hanging open trying to say something but no sound came out.

 

I stared at the floor my mind blank before looking back at her again, digesting the last words she said.

 

“I cheated on her… I cheated on Sooyeon…”

 

Cheated…

 

On

 

Sooyeon

 

The first word that came out of my mouth was…

 

“Why?”

 

Yeah…

 

Why?

 

Her hands were trembling on my hold that’s why I squeezed it lightly before asking her again.

 

“Why did you do it, unnie?”

 

She was crying, her free hand brushing her hair back “There’s this guy…”

 

My eyes went wide on what she said.

 

“Wait… what? You slept with a guy?!”

 

“Yes.”

 

“I thought you’re gayer than Ellen Degeneres? A guy…”

 

She sighed exasperatedly before continuing “I am… but there’s this one moment of stupidity that I followed what my mind was saying. I don’t know why… but I found myself being pulled to his direction. I was confused…”

 

I snorted at what I heard from her but quickly apologized because I don’t want her to be hurt. “Mianhe Unnie…”

 

“It’s okay Ber.. I deserve it.”

 

I sighed weighing what I will say to her “Its just that unnie, you are old enough to be confuse on those kind situations. Are you telling me that when you saw the guy you became confuse with your feelings even though you know to yourself that you swing the other way?! isn’t that suppose to happen when you are at the age of 15 to 20 years old?”

 

“I don’t know Ber.. but that’s what happened. When I saw him at the airport I felt that strange thing on him even if I know to myself that I love Sooyeon..”

 

“Wait… who is this guy?!”

 

She tilted her head on the side before looking down on her lap, playing with our hands before looking back at me again with a soft stare “His name is Bao Lian… Song Bao Lian.”

 

I stared back at her narrowing my eyes, searching for an early memory on my mind.

 

Bao Lian… Song Bao Lian.

 

Why do I feel like I already heard that name?

 

I remembered Soojung’s conversation with Eomma a few days ago when she tells us about her younger brother.

 

Younger brother.

 

“F-…”

 

“I know… we did.” WHAT!!?

 

I shook my head and chuckled “Unnie… you cheated with Eomma’s younger brother?!? That Song Bao Lian that she told us… that…that…”

 

She nodded her head while biting her lips. “Yes..”

 

I can’t believe this… of all people.

 

“How?”

 

“What do you mean how?! How did it happened? Surely, you know what happens between a man and a woman!?”

 

“Aiiisshhh! Unnie! Not that part! What I mean is how did.. why did it happened? That’s what I meant!”

 

“It happened so fast… I developed a crush on him and it was just a crush! Nothing more, nothing less. It wasn’t considered cheating, r-right?”

 

I narrowed my eyes on her trying to squeeze more information “Sooyeon unnie knows about that fangirl crush you have?”

 

“Yes, and she’s jealous of him. I assured her there is nothing to be jealous about because he’s just a friend..”

 

My right eyebrow raised like the mercury in a thermometer on what she said “Friends? How did you became friends with him when you only met him the first time there?”

 

She looked down again in our hands scratching my nails and spoke without looking at me “Bao Lian is a nice guy, Dad asked him to accompany us to his Uncle Wu Fan and made sure our stay was okay.”

 

“Yah right…” I scoffed on what she said and rolled my eyes. How nice of him, even depositing his dragon seed to my sister.

 

Oh .

 

“Yah unnie… tell me, did the two of you used ‘you know’…” I motioned my finger drawing the round thing in the air. Her face fell when she understood what it is. Obviously… maybe they didn’t.

 

.

 

“I don’t know!! I don’t remember!”

 

“How can you not remember what happened?! Are you on drugs that time? Did he put drugs in your food and when you’re already out of yourself he brought you to this place and did those things on you?! Tell me! Because that is what’s running on my mind right now unnie.”

 

She shook her head feeling ashamed before she spoke again “We had drinks on the bar, we talked for hours till the bar closed. I had too many drinks, I was drunk!”

 

“Tsk tsk tsk… UNNIE! Being drunk is not a valid reason! You have the control on your body, the control on your mind. Alcohol may have altered your conviction and decisions but still, it’s not the best reason to Sooyeon unnie in case she finds out about this!”

 

She cried helplessly beside me knowing to herself that what I said is true. You might say you are drunk but your mind is still working, just fuzzy. “Why did you drink a lot that night? Do you have a problem or anything?”

 

“I *sniff* just want a drink… to celebrate my accomplishment. You know me, I like drinking.”

 

“Yeah I know you can finish 10 bottles of Soju in one seating and still walk home and smack my head. But you do know that Soju is the only drink you can tolerate plus beer. Did you take hard drinks?”

 

She nodded and pouted at me but all I wanna do to my sister is flick her forehead “I had a Martini..”

 

“That’s Gin.”

 

“I know… then I had a few bottles of beer..”

 

“How many is a few bottles?! Because in your vocabulary unnie, ‘a few’ means 10.”

 

*sniff* “Something like that… then I turned brave and copied him, I ordered Whiskey and had a few glasses of it…”

 

I scratched my head in annoyance with what I heard “Seriously!? Stop with that ‘A few’!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter