Cuffs - 36

Cell # 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey Chingus! Another early update tonight... 

Let's end YulSic's suffering hehehe...

Thank you to all our subscribers and upvoters! 

Subscribe, comment all you want, holler!

Peace Yow!

 

-----------

 

 

 

It was the morning of my release and I woke up a little bit late with Amber beside me. When I opened my eyes, she was spooning me while our 3 friends are watching us sleep with silly grins on their faces.

 

It was Ssul who greeted me first with a big smile on her face “Soojung-ah… good morning! Come and lets have breakfast. Wake up Hyung too so we can have our last breakfast together before they pick you up.” she was wriggling her eyebrows and smiling cheekily at me. 

 

Sigh. 

 

Don't tell me they saw us again last night... XD

 

“Why are you all smiling…” I sleepily grumbled on them while I stretch my limbs. I patted Amber’s cheeks waking her up, she did managed to open her sleepy eyes looking so groggy. I gave her a quick peck and stood up going to the bathroom so I can freshen up.

 

When I came back all clean and tidy with a towel around my neck, Amber was already sitting with our friends having coffee. Her short hair are sticking out to all places like stiff peaks of icing. I took my seat on the floor beside her and started wiping her face with the wet face towel that I washed with a soap to clean her drool worthy face.

 

Its like taking care of a big baby when it comes to Amber. If she said I’m like a kid, well, she is more like a kid too.

 

Puppy was laughing at us when I cleaned Amber’s nosetrils with the face towel I used on her face.

 

“Aigooo… the big baby will definitely miss her mommy.. awww…”

 

“Yah! No teasing!” Amber exclaimed to Puppy who was having a roll today.

 

“Who will wipe your face in the morning? Who will prepare your coffee? Who will keep you warm at cold nights Amber? Tell me, tell me!” Puppy said exaggerating the words with feelings. I laughed out loud when Eomma suddenly smacked Puppy’s head lightly while controlling her own laugh.

 

“Why does it sounded like Soojung is more of Amber’s nanny than girlfriend?”

 

“Yah! Puppy, you forgot this. Who will kiss Amber in the morning when she wakes up even though she hasn’t brush her teeth and who will kiss her before she sleeps at night?” Ssul said teasing Amber even more that all she did is pout beside me.

 

“Most importantly…” the three of them shared a funny look and blurted out “No one is going to be there for her when she’s having her menstrual cramps, treating her like a poor puppy in the corner~~…”

 

I fixed her hair to the side and smiled at her pouting face “Hey… don’t tell me you’re sulking..”

 

“They are teasing me…”

 

“So? They always tease you, Stupid…”

 

“Amber, we can’t help it. You were so pampered with Soojung that I thought you were a Princess hehehe…” I snickered at Eomma when she said it. Princess Amber… not bad hehehe…

 

“Eomma! Not you too! And you all know that I pamper Soojung too so the Princess tag should be on her not me!”

 

Puppy and Ssul patted Amber's back consoling her, making me giggle. “Don’t worry Amber, we got your back. We may not give you kisses and make your bed warm at night, and definitely we won’t wipe your face with a towel in the morning and clean your booger stuffed nose and ears full of stone hard ear wax--”

 

“Gross Puppy!” Eomma almost choke on her coffee when she heard it. I was laughing beside Ssul who was holding me in a side hug when it happened.

 

“Hahaha! Silent Qian!”

 

“Its ‘SILENCE’ not ‘SILENT’!” Ssul and I chorused to Puppy and laughed out loudly.

 

She rolled her eyes on us and continued “Silent or Silence, whatever! Its the same! As I was saying, Amber… I won’t repeat the last part because Eomma will definitely strangle my neck any minute if I repeat it, but remember this… we will be here for you to make you smile and laugh with you. I know you will miss Soojung, we will miss her too. So lets all sulk together when we miss her, FIGHTING!!” Puppy made a Fighting sign to Amber raising her fist and looking so serious hahaha!

 

Puppy’s speech may be funny, but its true and sincere. I know they will take care of Amber for me and help her overcome the longing she will feel while I’m away.

 

I held Amber’s hand and she smiled at me, there’s a little trace of sadness left there but not like yesterday. We already talked about it last night and already promised each other that we can do it.

 

Like thinking that Amber is just working in a faraway country and her contract ends after 4 years. I will just have to wait for 4 years, and I can visit her anytime so its okay. Days, months, years will fly by. I wouldn’t be surprise that when I wake up in the morning, it will be the day that I will pick up Amber in this prison free from her being locked up.

 

So all I have to do is start our business and make it big, so when the time comes she’s out she will be proud of me.

 

After our noisy breakfast, they all help me fix my things inside my red box. I only have my books with me and some journals. I’ll be leaving my favorite book, The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho to Amber so that when she misses me, all she can do is read it and see the writings I did on the empty spaces of the book.

 

Officer Kim came and handed a paper bag to me with a kind smile on her face. She said my sister and Atty. Kwon is already inside Director Kwon’s office fixing my release papers. When I opened the paper bag, I saw a new pair of denim pants and my favorite white V-neck shirt. Unnie also included my favorite hoodie with the logo of the university, and my white sneakers.

 

So this is it… I will have to shed this prison uniform and change into normal clothes starting today. Its like shedding your old skin for a new one.

 

Amber took my sneakers and fixed the shoelaces so it will look cool as she says. Eomma laid out my clothes on her lap straightening it but the truth is, I saw a tear escape her eyes. She is crying silently but she won’t let us see it. I wrapped my arms on Eomma and hugged her tightly, letting her know how much I value everything she has taught me.

 

How much thankful I am for her effort to help me find myself again, her willingness to make me a better person and forget about that horrible experience in my life. I owe so much to her that I consider her as part of our family.

 

Well… she will be family once its confirmed that Amber is her uncle’s lost daughter, which I don’t doubt is true.

 

After changing my clothes, Amber made me sit on the floor and took the liberty of putting my sneakers on my feet. This is the time where it dawned on me that she and I won’t be together everyday anymore… for the mean time.

 

My eyes started to water while watching her kneel at my feet and tie my shoelaces with a smile on her face. Eomma and Puppy were watching us smiling too, but I can see that their eyes are wet, while Ssul couldn’t take it anymore and sat beside me on the floor and gave me a side hug.

 

Amber looked up from what she’s doing and started to laugh softly while shaking her head when she saw the four of us sniffling. I know she’s taking her sweet time tying the laces because the slower she does it, the longer I will stay.

 

A knock was heard from outside the metal door and it was Officer Kim opening it. Ssul helped me stood up patting my clothes and fixing my hair. Eomma and Ssul came to our side and we all shared a group hug promising to each other that I will visit them often.

 

“Yah! Amber! Don’t tell me you won’t join us in our group hug?!”

 

“Silly ahjummas… of course I will..” the five of us shared a tight hug with Eomma leading a silent prayer.

 

“Jung Soojung… its time..” Officer Kim announced and we broke our hug brushing the tears on our cheeks while laughing at each other.

 

“Prisoner 0918, your presence is requested inside Director Kwon’s office. You need to go with us too.”

 

“Goodbye Eomma, Ssul, Puppy… take care of yourselves, okay? Please do take care of Amber for me please…”

 

“Don’t worry Soojung-ah, we’ll take care of that Llama.” I waved goodbye at them and went out of the cell with Amber beside me.

 

Some of our fellow inmates are yelling their goodbyes to me especially Byul who was yelling heart out making me giggle.

 

“Soojung! We will miss you! Please wait for me when I get out here! I’m gonna take you on a date! I’ll be getting out of this prison in 6 months time! Awww! Youngsun that hurts!”

 

“When it comes to Soojung you sound like a lovestruck teenager, when it comes to me you act like I’m not important to you! You are really going to get it from me Moon Byul!”

 

Amber and I laughed on what we heard and Officer Kim too, shaking her head in amusement. I stopped at the middle of the hallway and made a 90 degree bow to all of them, giving my gratitude for the support and help, the care they gave me and their patience.

 

I will never forget the time I spent inside this prison. All the things I learned and the experience I will bring with me until I grow old. The people I met who has touched my life listening to their stories and the friendship we all shared.

 

We were walking in the hallway with Officer Kim leading us. I turned my gaze to Amber and saw her looking at me too. I held her hand and intertwined our fingers while smiling at each other, both of us accepting the situation.

 

Four years… maybe we can shortened it? Maybe Dad can find a way to ask the Court to shortened it or maybe make a bargaining agreement? There’s a lot of possibilities and all of that I’m willing to try just to be with her.

 

Officer Kim stopped in front of Director Kwon’s office and faced the two of us, giving me her toothy, kind smile and bowing at me.

 

“I hope you have a good life Soojung-ssi. Don’t forget to visit us, arasso?”

 

“Ne, Officer Kim. You take care of yourself Officer..”

 

I bowed at her 90 degrees giving my respect and gratitude for her never ending kindness to all the inmates.

 

She knocked on the door and a few moments after we heard Director Kwon’s voice telling us to go inside. When the door opened, we saw Sooyeon unnie and Yuri unnie sitting on the couch near Director Kwon’s table. Dad was sitting at the opposite couch together with Song Bao Lian who stood up and bowed at me and Amber. Is he the messenger that will tell the news about Amber’s identity?

 

Sooyeon unnie immediately stood up when she saw me and ran to me for a hug. “Unnie!”

 

“Soojung! My baby!”

 

We hug each other tightly savoring the moment of my independence. Amber and Yuri unnie did their moment too with Yuri unnie hugging her sister tight. I leaned back and smiled at unnie who was smiling brightly at me. I broke our hug and made a respectful bow to Director Kwon who left her table and approached me.

 

“You are no longer prisoner # 1024, Jung Soojung… I hope you live your life using all the experiences you had inside this facility. I don’t want you coming back here wearing that uniform again, arasso?” she smiled at me and patted my shoulders like a big sister.

 

“But I can come back here and volunteer Director Kwon, if you will permit?” she narrowed her eyes playfully at me and smiled.

 

“Of course you can! We need more volunteers to keep this place sane and running.” Approved!

 

She handed me a folder and shook my hand “This is your release papers Jung Soojung… I’m glad you got the justice you deserve.”

 

“Thank you Director Kwon… I haven’t thanked you enough for the help you gave me. If not for you and the rest of the people here, I won’t be standing here before you… healthy and well minded. Eomma told me you asked for her help in treating my anxieties, from the bottom of my heart thank you very much Director Kwon.” I bowed again at her.

 

“Soojung…”

 

“Dad!” I bowed at Dad and welcomed his light hug. He leaned back and patted my head giving me a fatherly smile. I suddenly remembered our own father who is now in Heaven with our mother.

 

Appa, Eomma… I’ll visit you in a short while. Wait for me.

 

“Are you ready to go home Soojung?” he asked me.

 

Am I ready to come home?

 

I glanced at Amber’s direction and saw her staring at me same as Sooyeon unnie and Yuri unnie. They were smiling, their smiles that gives a heartwarming feeling on my heart. Going back at Dad, I nodded my head and smiled.

 

“Yes, I’m ready.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Remember everything I told you last night Soojung-ah, arasso?” I giggled at Amber’s serious pouting face and pulled her neck for a kiss. They gave us time to say goodbye for the last time, Director Kwon letting us use the private visitors’ room for 10 minutes. They will also use this room later for the announcement of the DNA test result that was conducted.

 

“Ne... how can I forget what you said last night?!… actually, you said a lot last night hehehe…”

 

“Silly…” she pinched my nose and captured my lips in a passionate kiss. I really can’t get enough of kissing this llama… I’ll miss her lips aigoo…

 

I broke our kiss and stared straight at her grinning “Can I take home that lips? I seriously will miss your kisses~~..”

 

Amber cupped my cheeks and planted kisses at my jaw going down slowly to the base of my throat tickling my sensitive skin producing a moan. My hands clench her uniform enjoying her sweet assault.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter