TLGS (PART 18)

JUST A STORY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon was whistling a happy tune this day. Jessica's mother had given him the best advice in the world: but Jessica asked if you had just met. Helped her fall in love with you all over again.

It seemed to be working. In the weeks since they're amazing date, he had finally persuaded her to go with him to the world Botanical Gardens near Hilo, where they once strolled through the rainforest and first kissed beside Rainbow Falls. Although she had no recollection of that earlier date, she'll let him kiss her again beside the falls. They shared more kisses during evenings strolls along the moonlit beach at Kaulia bay, during intimate conversations on the Seawall, and following a Polynesian feast at a luau on the historic estate of King Kamehameha.

He even found the courage to write her a aappy Little Love Song and serenade her with his guitar on the beach. They walked on the boardwalk and shared MP3 player, listening to Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, and countless syrupy, sentimental Tunes. They had dessert at the Four Seasons Hotel, chocolate souffles and fruits sorbet served at the rind of the fruit. When he held her hand in church, she no longer pulled away. More and more, she seemed like the old Jessica he know and loved. Sweetie, it was only a matter of time before she invited him back into their home and into their bed.

Tonight might be the night. He was just taking her on a sunset dinner cruise on a 6-foot catamaran along the kohala Coast. It wouldn't be an inexpensive date, especially for a student, but fortunately, his parents and Jessica's had chipped in some cash to help out. At first, he had refused their offer, but when they had assured him they had a steak in the outcome, he had reluctantly accepted there generosity. He had to agree it would take more than burgers and Bubba Gump's to create an aura of romance that would win Jessica's heart.

He was still whistling that afternoon as he left campus and drove to their apartment. He felt hopeful and confident in his favorite blue Oxford shirt and dress slacks. The guys in the dorm had this about getting all spiffed up and smelling like a perfume Factory. He didn't care. He was willing to do whatever it took to become the man of Jessica stream again. He had even come prepared with a single long stemmed red rose Jessica's favorite chocolate with the caramel centers.

When she greeted him at the door, he had to stop and catch his breath. She looked stunning in a simple black Empire dress and platform sandals. Her Auburn hair was crimped In little girls around her face, and her big brown eyes made him melt inside. It was all he could do to keep from Gathering her into his arms and kissing her.

He forgot about the flower and candy until she held out her hand and ask, "are those for me?"

"Who else?" He realized instantly that was a dumb thing to say in kicked himself for dropping the ball in the romance department. He should have made some gallant gesture or said something clever like, sweets for the sweet or a rose met any other name ---- or whatever that saying was. No, he was probably better of keeping it short and simple. He was no Romei or Don Juan. The old Jessica had accepted that about him, he wasn't too sure about the new Jessica.

" are these the chocolates with the caramel centers?" She asked as they went inside.

" absolutely. Would you eat any other kind?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. Would I?"

"Not in your life."

"Then i thank you for knowing what i like even when i don't."

He picked up her black silk wrap from the sofa. "Are you ready to go?"

"I think so," she said as she slipped it around her shoulders. "I had a little headache earlier. But it's better now."

"Listen, if your not feeling well, we dont have to go."

"Are you kidding? A sunset dinner cruise?" She tucked her small clutch bag under her arm. "You're not getting out of it that easily, mister."

He grinned. "Then, let's get going. Yuuhi's waiting to take us to Anaeho' Omalu Bay."

"Where?"

"Don't ask me to say it twice."

"Can you?"

"I can, but it won't sound the same."

"Where is it-- this bay we can't pronounce?"

" north of corner. About a half hour drive. Maybe an hour considering Yuuhi's seen better days. We board catamaran at Waikoloa Beach."

" I can't wait."

" me neither. Guess we better get a move on so we don't miss the boat."

"You smell good" she told him as they walked to the car.

He open the door for her. "So do you."

She slipped inside. "It's the perfume in the fancy green bottle on the bureau. Did you buy it for me?"

"I gave it to you when we got engaged. How'd you guess?"

"I don't know. I just had a feeling."

As he shut the door and walked around to his side, he started whistling again. It was going to be an awesome night.

The cruise turned out to be everything he had anticipated, except for an unexpected hitch at the beginning. He and Jessica were over dressed. They should have worn casual Beach attire. They had to remove their shoes and wade in ankle deep water to board the sleek vessel. Jessica laughed as he sheepishly pulled of his shoes and socks and rolled up his pants.

But spending the evening Barefoot wasn't a problem. He and Jessica were having too much fun watching the colorful Tahitian show; gazing at dolphins, manta ray and tropical fish through glass bottom Wells; and sampling the ono grinds the tasty food. They were served a scrumptious dinner -- fresh fish,Lindon broil with shiitake mushroom sauce, smoked Turkey wraps, hand rolled sushi,and a tropical food platter, with cream puffs for dessert.

"If we ate like this every day, we've both be blimps," she told him.

He the last bite of filling from his fingers. "But what a way to go."

Mia just before Sunset, they found a spot by the really at the front of the vessel. While Hawaiian music played in the background, couples strolled along the deck arm in arm. The sky was aflame with Vivid Reds and oranges. A gentle breeze ruffled we're here, and salt spray could get their skin.

He hugged her close and pressed her chin against the top of her head. "I never want to take you for granted, Jessica. Everyday, I thank God that he spared your life."

They were both silent at the vibrant clouds give way to a cloud less, deep blue sky in the blazing sun shrank to a bubble a light on the horizon then disappeared. Read darkness came a chill in the air. Jessica stiffened.

"You cold?" Taeyeon asked.

"No. My headaches back."

"Anything I can do to help?"

"No, it'll go away in time."

He held her at arm's length and searching her face. Shadows kept him from reading her eyes. "How long have you been getting headaches?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. A few days. A week maybe."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"What could you do----except look worried like you do now?"

"Is it because of your injury? What does the doctor say?"

"He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter