Storm

Taeyeon's Little Caffeine


 


“So, what are you with the little midget?” Krystal asked, when Jessica sit herself on the couch without Yoona in her arms. Krystal found the pretty deer was troublesome and too be honest, Krystal didn’t think she could handle someone like Yoona at any time.


But Jessica is an exception, Krystal pondered. How can Jessica treat Yoona so carefully, listen to all her nagging and stupid damn story that Krystal wouldn’t give a damn to hear?


Jessica is something, Krystal knows that.


Jessica exhaled tiredly.


“You mean the smaller one?”


“Yeah, that president Kim.”


“It’s complicated.”

 


Kind of hesitated to nod, Krystal knew Jessica will nod at the end of the day. And so, she let the question pass smoothly.


“She’s nice, isn’t she?”


“Yeah.”


“Why are you doing this Yoona thing, Sica? You're just hurting yourself.”


“I wanted to let Yoona know that she’s not alone with her thing. She needs love, Krys. And no one was there to give her love. No one could stand her, to be honest.”


“I couldn’t stand her too if you ask me.”


“Told you."

 

“Then, what about Taeyeon? She’s quite pathetic don’t ya think? She went through some crazy with her family, without no one to support her as well, has to work for Hyoyeon at the night, but she still bothered to visit you at night when you were sick. Oh, let’s not forget how she changed your clothes and even lulled you to sleep! She even prepared your caffeine everytime you needed them! Where is your common sense? Wake up! Don’t ya see? Kim Taeyeon loves you!”


“I know she loves me! I know she's scared of Yoona! But if she really really loves me, could she stand this for a little bit? I’m doing so many favors and I’m not asking anyone to complicate it further.”


“You know what Sica? Fight me.”


“What?"


“Kim Taeyeon loves you right? Fine, fight me. I’m going to claim her as mine.” Krystal strutted out from the living room before going straight to living room.

Krystal couldn’t think anymore. Her mind wandered to this little president who always knew her sister's favorites, always knew her weak side and Krystal wanted to protect her with her might.


Krystal might not be Jessica.


But if Kim Taeyeon loves Jessica, then Krystal could be Jessica just for Kim Taeyeon.


 


 


 


 


 


“I think this is your lucky day, Taeng unnie.”


“What do you mean by that? And what the hell, the house smelled nice.”


“I cooked breakfast.”


“Why so sudden, Hyo? I don’t have anything to pay for whatever you're purchasing from the catalogue, just to remind you.”


“No, it’s nothing. But I think you got a visit.”


It made Taeyeon’s heart beat wildly against her chest. Was it Jessica on her doorstep?


Hyoyeon maybe started getting used to her reddened reaction when she said, “Don’t get too hyped. Its’ Jessica sister, she said.”


“Krystal?”


“She said her name is Soo Jung.”


“Soo Jung?”


 


 


 


 

If Taeyeon was given a second chance, Taeyeon probably will choose Jessica all over again. It’s not that Krystal is not nice, but perhaps… Taeyeon just loved Jessica too damn much. Watching Krystal sipping her coffee elegantly, leg crossed, just reminded Taeyeon the one she loved. What is she doing right now, Taeyeon heart whispered painfully.


Watching Krystal in front of her, smiling toothily and how she acted like she didn’t like Taeyeon before, made Taeyeon ponder. What on earth was this girl doing here if she loathed Taeyeon so much? Here Taeyeon thought that Krystal hated her because she’s was there that time instead of Yoona.


To be honest, Krystal here was more relaxed than she had met before. It was like Krystal Jung was just another person for Taeyeon. Hyoyeon got hyped up too, maybe cheering for her sister's sudden shock and the fact that Jessica had a younger sister who just look a damn like her.


 


 

“Am I bothering you, Taeyeon unnie?” Krystal asked, emphasizing the word.


“Huh? Err, no. Not at all.” Taeyeon replied, quite timid.


“What are you doing just now?”


Waiting for Jessica to call me just like the usual, Taeyeon wanted to answer, but she thought it was the best to save it for last. Taeyeon smiled before telling the younger that she was doing her usual; sleeping till noon. It is not true, but Taeyeon really doesn't mind to set a bad thought about her in front of Krystal.


She just think…


There’s no need to show her skills as she… She just so clueless about herself, to be honest. She want to bombarded Krystal with a lot of question like what are you doing here, what the hell are you here, where’s your sister, and why even you are here and there’s more, but Taeyeon just couldn’t bring out them any out.


Those questions were suffocating and Taeyeon hates them.


Krystal still there, munching a few chocolate chip cookies made by Hyoyeon from midnight event. Thank god she baked them or else, her unexpected guest won’t get anything to eat.


 


 

This is so awkward for Taeyeon, if she needs to be honest. She’s in love with Jessica, but here she is, having a date with Jessica sister, Jung Krystal. She didn’t like Krystal because she just had a thought that Krystal like Yoona better than her, but turned out… Krystal like her better than Yoona.


 


But except, Krystal like Taeyeon to another way.

 


“How did you know I like peaches?” Taeyeon asks when the waitress places Krystal’s order on the table. Krystal ordered for both of them and Taeyeon scares that Krystal might getting her favorite wrong. But other side, Krystal is ordering her favorite cake and her favorite drink.


Krystal warmly smiles, reminding Taeyeon to Jessica clueless look.


Jessica barely smiles now. She has her mood swings too often. Her Jessica is working too much, just for Yoona.


“I read from unnie notes.” Krystal replies.


 


Taeyeon nods even her heart skips. She never told Jessica her favorite. How can Jessica inspects them? Is that too obvious? Or is it… Jessica just watches her from far just like she always done when Jessica ignores her?


“Is…Jessica fine?” Taeyeon timidly asks.


Krystal pulls a long face, before heaving her long sigh. “Let just stop talking about my sister, will you? I like you and I want to protect you, Taeyeon. I really really do. I know, I might not be charming as my sister, but I can try.


Taeyeon agape.


Her heart is aching.


She doesn’t want someone who acts as someone else. She wants the real one. She doesn’t need the duplicate.


“But… I don’t want to be protected. I like protecting someone else. I like to protect your sister.” Taeyeon refuse.


Krystal smirks, “Then, you’re gonna bear it because I was born to be top and not the bottom,” she said before smiling sweetly.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

***


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

“I am so in love with that little president, Daniel-ah!”


“Jessica Jung, you better stop drinking too much. Krystal might punch me straight at the face if she knows her sister drunk tonight.” Daniel says, as he tried to pry the glass off from the drunk angel, if he consider. He gets up from his beauty sleeps when he gets a call from her along with a ‘hik’ sound and Daniel know any better.


His best friend is drunk and Daniel needs to be there.


“Shut it! I need this. One more please.” Jessica raised her glass higher than Daniel.


“Jessica, stop this and let’s talk at home.” Jisung says.


“I don’t want to talk to.”


“Why are you pouting your lips? You fought again with Krystal?”


“She takes my girlfriend.”


“Yoona?”


“Not that bloody angel. Another one…. Hik…” Jessica mumbles into her hand. The alcohol has gone to far into her spine and the boys know how to control a drunk Jessica very well. Jessica never get drunk too much and if she drunk, both of them know it must be something happened badly in her life recently.


And from now on, Daniel and Jisung were too curious to know what is happening to Jessica. Instead of stopping her from drinking, they pour more liquor into her glass and make her talk.


Well, it lit.


 


And the almighty Jessica is ready to reveal her unknown side.


“Jessi, do you have a girlfriend?” Jisung takes the lead and ask the drunk Jessica.


Jessica nods, proudly. “Yeah… Had one.”


“Is she beautiful?”


Jessica nods again, “She smells nice and cute too… Hik, I love to hik hug her the most.”


“Well, where she is?” Daniel continues the lead.


Jessica smiles and it makes the duo wander, what the hell Jessica mood changing to the sad one.

 

“She’s dating Krystal.”


“Do you mean, you’re in love with Krystal’s girlfriend?!”


“NO YOU IDIOT! SHE’S MINE AND THAT FRICKING KRYSTAL TOOK HER FROM ME!”


It was the last line before Jessica passed out in her seat.


 

Leaving Daniel and Jisung shocked to death.


 


 


 


 


 


 


Krystal sent Taeyeon right away after their dinner finished at eleven. Hyoyeon has gone to sleeps and thank god she did. Or else, Taeyeon couldn’t even mutter any answer to Hyoyeon if the younger ask.


Taeyeon drops her limp body on the couch. Her mind wanders to the dinner that just happened few hours ago. Even though Krystal is much romantic and do everything just like Jessica did, Taeyeon didn’t have the urge to feel tingle. Taeyeon doesn’t have them and Taeyeon doesn’t even like them.


 


She felt so fake.


She looks to her phone once again.


Not a single message come from Jessica and Taeyeon knows, Jessica must be upset instead taking care of Yoona.


Taeyeon felt sudden sorry flow in her spine.


Poor Jessica, she thought.


Taeyeon heaved a sigh before closing her eyes and then…


She heard something from the outside. There’s man voice knocking her door and politely asking if there’s someone home. Not wanting to wake Hyoyeon up, Taeyeon goes over to the door with a hammer in her hand.


It’s dangerous at night and she was just a lady. She needs something to protect herself if there’s someone wants to rob her.


She opened the door and was getting greet by two juniors that she knows.


It’s Daniel and Jisung and what a surprise.


A drunk Jessica at Daniel’s shoulder.


Her eyes went enlarge.


“Wow. Jessica speaks the truth.” Jisung mutter when Taeyeon blinks her eyes repeatedly.


“Excuse me?”


“Jessica tells us that she’s dating you not Yoona and I’m sorry. We didn’t believe you. We thought she was lying since she spends the rest of her day with Yoona.” Daniel replies, timidly.


Taeyeon rubs her back.


Her eyes still fixated at Jessica’s drunkard status.


“What happened to her?” Taeyeon asking, motioning her hands to Jessica.


“Oh, Jessica calls us. And she was drunk. She barely get drunk and when she’s drunk, there must be something behind everything. And I guess, it was because you’re going out with her sister. She didn’t like it.” Daniel explains.


“Really?”


“She’s said she just doing a favor for Yoona but nor you and Krystal didn’t understand. She was just trying to be nice and then, Krystal wants to fight her because of you sunbaenim.” Jisung inquire.


The little president gasps.


“How come both of you know my address?” Taeyeon said.


“Jessica had your address in her phone and we just swipe over after we heard her stories.”


“TAEYEON-AH, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND LETS GET MARRIED AT THE MOON!~” Jessica suddenly speaks before went limp again at Daniel’s shoulder.


“She’s corny as when she’s drunk.” Jisung said, while smiling.


Taeyeon didn’t know if she really should cry or die.


 


 


 


 


 


***


 


 


 


 


 


“I am so killing her. How dare she touch my baby Taengoo?!”


“Jessica, relax! She didn’t touch me casually.”


“But still, she touches what’s mine!”


“You know, you’re quite romantic when you drunk.”


“Oh shut up and why Daniel and Jisung send me here? I don’t feel comfortable when you taking care of me.”


“I hate you, Jessica.”


“I love you, Taeyeon. Thank you so much for everything.”

Taeyeon smiles and her blush grew wider than usual. Jessica likes them.


 

 

 


 

“Please, Jessica.”


“No, I couldn’t do that Yoona. I couldn’t. I love Taeyeon so much.”


“WHAT ABOUT ME THEN? YOU MAKE ME FALL ALL OVER AGAIN!”


“Yoona, I just want to take care of you before…”


“Before what? Before I’m going to die and then you’re going to Kim Taeyeon again?! I don’t like her, Jessica! Date anyone but not her!”


“I love Taeyeon too much, Yoona. I am doing a favor and Taeyeon didn’t say anything even though she was the one who should be complaining why am I taking care of you.”


“I don’t like her, Jessica!”


“Yoona, let just stop this.”


“Fine, let just stop this. Break up with Taeyeon.”


“Yoona!”


“Just for this once. Before I die.”


“Ask anything, but not Taeyeon.”


Yoona smiled.


“Let Krystal date Taeyeon, not you.”


 


 


 


 


 


 

***


 


 


 


 


 

Jessica didn’t mutter any of words since Taeyeon call her to meet up and didn’t grumble any of it. She looks so calm, fine China. Like Taeyeon calling her at one in the morning didn’t affect her much. Taeyeon knows, Jessica must be sleeping and to be honest, Taeyeon did hope that Jessica will feel mad at her for once.


Someone says, argument can spark the sour relationship and Taeyeon are dying to color the relationship. And why it did never happen in her relationship with Jessica? And why the hell she has to share the relationship with Yoona? Since when Krystal is involve in theirs?


Taeyeon just want to make clear.


She loves Jessica Jung.


And she wants Jessica Jung to love her back. Was it too hard for others to understand?


 


 

“Sorry for the late call. I need to clear something,” Taeyeon said, fumbling with her own button. She swears, Jessica look smoky hot with her black hoodie and sleeping eyes.


“It’s okay. I have something in my mind to tell you too,” she replies, smiling.


“Is it? Will you mind to tell yours first?”


“It—its’ not that necessary I think, Taeyeon.”


“Oh, okay then. Here, your sister said, she loves me.”


“I know.”


“You know?”


“Yeah, she told me before.”


“Why you didn’t even fight? Tell her you love me.”


“I don’t.”


“What?”


“I don’t love you, Kim Taeyeon.”


“But you did tell me that you love me, Jessica!”


“It just… I don’t love you anymore, Taeyeon. I, once fall in love with you. But I don’t anymore. I don’t feel the same look just like I used to.”


Jessica didn’t even mutter or even gasping. She did it with so ease and lord, she didn’t even know everything that went out from is actually killing Taeyeon softly from inside. Jessica didn’t even care for Taeyeon tears as she let the senior welled up. Taeyeon sobs and Jessica words mixed up in Taeyeon.


Taeyeon hate the moment.


Jessica said all of her thought without any difficulties and Taeyeon hate that Jessica is too damn sincere about her feeling until she did; she did hurting her with a blade.


Jessica is calm. Taeyeon knows, Jessica still believes with her taste bud rather loving with her heart.


Kim Taeyeon has failed the mission.


And too bad, she failed to protect her heart from being left by pieces.