Summer

Taeyeon's Little Caffeine

“Are you serious? Jessica and Yoona are dating?”

“Shut the up, Hyoyeon-ah! I’m working on this door, you nitwit.” Taeyeon shouted as Hyoyeon’s voice boomed through their worn-out home. Taeyeon was always shy about how ‘cozy’ their house was. It couldn’t be helped. It was just luck that they still got a house under her name before both of their parents died in a car accident 2 years ago.

She should be grateful because it was still protecting Hyoyeon and her from everything. Taeyeon just loved her house much more than her house loved her, if someone asked her one day.

 

“You won’t believe this.”

“What?”

“Yoona is dating the Coffee Princess!”

“Im Yoona? The goddess?”

“What other Yoona is there?! Of course, it’s Im Yoona, you !”


“Why would she date someone who’s so mysterious and goes by her nickname, Coffee Princess?”

“Oh, come on, Taeyeon. How about you play the coffee barista role and then deliver it to her personally? You will meet her and she's always hyped up about test drinking anyone’s coffee.”

“She’s not my boss and I’m not even working for her. Why should I?”

“Meet her and then tell me about your first impression about her, kay?”

“I don’t want to.”

“Tell you what, if you really-really go, I will keep Nini with me for the whole week.”

“And if I don’t, you have to make some beautiful pastries for the summer class, okay?”

“Deal. And get ready for something tastier than pastries.”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Jessica’s eyes sparkled up when she drank one of the unique tumblers that day. There was something sweet yet cute in her new coffee testing. The flavor was so unique and she loved it already even though she had just taken three sips. Jessica continued to drink it till the bottom and smiled a lot.

 

She liked the new combination.

She liked the color.

She liked the smell.


And she liked the way how much the caffeine lingered in her taste buds.

 

This is not Yoona’s, she thought as she realized Yoona’s girly tumbler was still in her locker. Jessica pulled the sticky note that had been stuck to the tumbler and she couldn’t help, but smile when she saw the cute remark on the bottle.

 

“Hi, this is Kim Taeyeon. I don’t know how you drink your coffee. But I like the way how I drink my coffee and so, I hope we are in the same boat. I make you my own version coffee.”

 

Jessica smiled.

 

“Kim Taeyeon…”

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s Kim Taeyeon!”

“WHAT?”
“Yeah, you heard me, it’s Kim Taeyeon and Jessica is holding her bag for her!”

“She didn’t do that when she was dating Yoona!”

“Aww, Jessi is sooooo cool. I wish I could date her.”

“How come Taeyeon managed in her first try when I couldn’t?”

“I’m jealous of Taeyeon.”

 

 

It was so awkward for Taeyeon. It was her first-time walking with someone who was so popular like Jessica and Jessica didn’t seem to interrupt the way Taeyeon did. Jessica kept her face lit and the way she linked her arms with Taeyeon’s was fascinating.

Taeyeon liked the scent of Jessica.

It is intoxicating.

Jessica was caffeine. It was freaking addictive yet alluring.

 

 

“What do you like, Taeyeon?” Jessica asked, forming a quick smile on her lips.

Taeyeon furiously let out a shaky voice, “I don’t really know.”

“Well, this is strange, isn't it? I don't think you don't have nothing you don’t like.”

“I never been asked out before, to be honest,” She replied with her tiny voice.

“But I think you are popular enough, Taeyeon sunbae. I really like the way you won the presidential election for this year. I know I’m not supposed to tell you this, but I voted for you even though I didn’t know you last year. And finding you with your coffee is a relief for me because I know that you are something addicting, just like the caffeine.”

Taeyeon’s eyes lit up.

And Jessica swore, she saw shiny eyes behind her gaze.

 


“I—I’m just doing my job as a p-president, Jessica.”

“May I know why you are here?”

“C-cause… You are a phenomenon and I couldn’t help, but not make my own coffee before giving it to you.”

Jessica smiled. Her hands ranked up to Taeyeon’s hair. Much to Taeyeon’s surprise, Jessica ruffled her hair in a playful manner.

“I just love my coffee, Taeyeon. Is that wrong, Miss president?”

“No-no, it’s not. Please, it’s not. It’s just—I don’t know you, but I think I like you.”

Somehow, that confession made Jessica blush.

She loved the way how this new girl put a spell on her. She personally thought that this Taeyeon girl was way more better than Yoona. Even her coffee was winning against Yoona and poor Yoona. She had no chances left after Taeyeon was beating her.

Jessica grabs her tumbler.

She opened the cap and Taeyeon stole glances, eyeing her beautiful jawline.

 

“Don’t like me, Taeyeon.”

“Why? You are such a nice person.”

“I’m not.”

“Why?”

“I only like coffee.”

“But you will like me better than those coffees.”

 

Jessica snickered.