Better

Taeyeon's Little Caffeine

Yoona’s gasp caught a lot of attention. Realizing that she was catching people’s attention, the deer girl put a warm smile on her lips. Trying to cover what she had just done. Her heart clenched when she heard the newest stories of the week. How could Jessica’s taste bud easily forget Yoona’s caffeine?

“It can’t be true.” Yoona shook her head at Yuri’s word, trying to deny it.

“Yes, it is. I just saw them walking by, hand in hand.” Yuri answered, eagerly.

“Jessica is never ditching me.”

“Oh yeah? Suit yourself. Did you forget the rules? You are gone if her taste buds lose the scent of yours.”

 

Yuri’s right, Yoona whispered. She’s lost to Taeyeon, the new president which happened to sit in her class. Yoona was never close to Taeyeon before, since she never spoke much to any other student in the school, except for Yuri and Jessica. And speaking of Jessica, Yoona couldn’t help, but feel sad about the news. How could Jessica forget her for Taeyeon?

Taeyeon was cute, Yoona had to admit. But Yoona was much more beautiful, intelligent and cute. Jessica said she was cute too and Yoona shouldn’t be comparing herself to Taeyeon because she was the real winner without any doubt.

But who knew, Jessica liked someone who could sing well. Yoona knew that Taeyeon could sing very well, but the president never showed it to others since she was too shy with her amazing vocals. Yoona had been stalking Jessica for a long time and how can she easily forget that Jessica mouth hung agape when Hyorin sang 'Let It Go' on their previous date?

Other than her sister, Krystal, Jessica liked coffee and a person who could sing very well. Yoona could learn to make coffee just like Taeyeon, but she would never get a perfect voice like Taeyeon, she knew that.

Taeyeon was perfect.

 

 

 

Yoona sighed.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Is this your house?”

“It’s not a big house like Yoona. I live here with my sister, Hyoyeon. You know her?”


“She’s in my grade and she made a nice birthday card for me last year.”

“So, you know her…”

“I do. I just don’t socialize with people, Taeyeon sunbae.”

“Want to come in?”

“Sure.”

 

 

Taeyeon had to calm Hyoyeon down as the younger Kim squealed when she saw Jessica on their front door with her warm smile. Jessica who entered later greeted Hyoyeon who was still in utter shock and she kindly pat the younger Kim’s head.

Taeyeon kindly led Jessica to their kitchen. Taeyeon has cooked before and she never knew that she would personally have Jessica in her house, once again. It’s really happening, Taeyeon thought as Jessica playfully giggled at Taeyeon and Hyoyeon’s sketch on the dinner table. Taeyeon never got the joke as Jessica continued her giggles. It was the most beautiful voice that the heavens had, if anyone would ask Taeyeon that would’ve been her reply.

 

“Do you eat Chinese food?” Taeyeon asked, ready to serve Jessica with her homemade food. She cooked the meal from last night and fortunately, it was enough for the both of them. Hyoyeon probably had her share earlier before they had arrived.

“Anything will be fine, Taeyeon.”

“Coffee?”

“Too much of heavens delight to reject.”

 

 

Taeyeon had a beautiful day with Jessica. She never encountered someone like her before and socializing with the kind of people like Jessica was making Taeyeon’s heart beat violently. The way Jessica held her hand, the way the younger girl made her feel secure in her arms when she was protecting Taeyeon from the car and the way she giggled made Taeyeon unconscious about herself. Was she really falling for her?


Jessica was charming, so Hyoyeon was right. Jessica let herself drown in Taeyeon’s cooking and mumble something like delicious before focusing herself with her dishes. This is much better than I thought, Taeyeon thought. Jessica loved her cooking and her own version of coffee.

After Jessica planted a goodbye kiss on her cheek, Taeyeon felt her heart had been taken away by the younger girl.

Was it true?

Is her heart really following the Jung?

 

 

“How did you make Jessica Jung eat in our house for two ing hours and even invited her to watch television with you, unnie?” Hyoyeon asked, when Taeyeon was washing the dishes from the dinner that she had just eaten with Jessica a few minutes ago.

“It’s not that she’s not used to being invited for dinner, Hyoyeon.” Taeyeon sighs.

“It is!”
“What’s the matter? Jessica wouldn’t ever like me.”

“Oh, so you like her?”

“I don’t. I just said that I like her as a person. She makes a nice dongsaeng.”

“Don’t lie, unnie. I saw you making a goo-goo eye at her when she was eating your cookies just now.”

“I’m done talking to an idiot.”

Somehow it made Hyoyeon sigh in desperation.

“You know what unnie, Jessica wouldn’t ever step into someone’s house, just so you know.”

 

And it makes Taeyeon reminiscent the sweet memories about their date and their memories together. Her heart clenched, but her soul whispered beautifully in her inner thought.

Did she just fall in love at the first sight for Jessica Jung?

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Good morning, Jessica.”

“Oh, Yoona sunbae. Good morning to you, too.”

“Nice day isn’t?”

“Always. Where are you going?”

“Breakfast? Wanna join?”

“I’ll have to politely pass.”


“I heard you’re going out with Taeyeon.”

“Yeah.”

“Is it nice? Hanging out with someone like her.”

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows, “I don’t get you, Yoona sunbae.”

Yoona flashed a quick smile. “Nothing.”

“Oh, okay.”

 

 

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about Yoona. Get out of my way!”

“Do you think you can defeat me in her taste bud, Taeyeon?”

“Oh yes, I just beat your caffeine, Yoona. She likes mine much better. Her taste bud was something unexpected, wasn’t it?”


“Don’t boost up, midget. It’s still early, don’t you think?”

“Hell yeah. It’s the beginning for me.”

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

It had been the second week of the month and Taeyeon’s coffee was already capturing Jessica’s taste bud, replacing Yoona’s addicting caffeine. Jessica who received a lot of coffee tumblers was smiling widely. She scanned through the line and her hands easily reached to the most familiar tumbler.


She saw Yoona’s, but she didn’t intend to get Yoona’s coffee. Instead of taking Yoona’s, she took Taeyeon’s tumbler.

If anyone asked her what the difference between Yoona and Taeyeon’s coffee was, she would easily jot down the differences between the two. Yoona’s coffee, which she loved so much before was just this pure coffee brewed. She knew how rich Yoona was and the coffee was proof of her riches. It was full of taste of the expensive coffee and no wonder, her coffee was beating any other coffee taste.

And then, there was Taeyeon’s coffee. Her coffee taste was strong, sweet and also cheap. Something that Jessica really adored behind her coffee. Even though it was cheap, the caffeine lingered in her taste buds longer than Yoona’s. Jessica liked that besides the coffee, Jessica liked how Taeyeon was being shy with her when she complimented the others.

 

“Have a good day, coffee princess! Do your best and don’t skip classes, okay?” – K. Taeyeon

 

Jessica’s smile grew wider.

“Sure baby.”

 

 

 

 


author note: Oh. my. God. Second update, I receives 21 upvotes, with 105 subscribers. As a huge thanks gift for you guys, I'm updating the third chapter. 

Please comment further below and tell me more abt the story hehexD Love you guys ps//* sorry for any errors. Will beta-reading it if I'm free.