Shine

Taeyeon's Little Caffeine

 

 

 

Jessica hadn’t been to school for weeks and it was making Taeyeon’s heart beat wildly about the missing girl. Hyoyeon told her about Jessica absentness and there was no way Taeyeon could calm down when she was already in love with the coffee princess.


Thanks to the students’ council, Taeyeon successfully got an address of Jessica from the system.

Taeyeon knew that Yoona would be following soon after, but she decided to be faster than Yoona. She wanted to meet Jessica soon and give her a kiss if she missed it. The idea of kissing Jessica was addicting, Taeyeon thought. Her perfectly molded lips were the best. It knew how to respond to every and each one of the kisses that Jessica gave her.

Taeyeon loved her already.

And was it sinful to love someone who was so perfect just like Jessica?

 

 

“I’m sorry, but who are you?”

“I’m Kim Taeyeon, Jessica’s colleague.”

“Ah. I thought it was Yoona.”


Somehow, the last line made Taeyeon furious.

“Come on in. Jessica is resting in her room.”

 

 

The one who greeted her earlier was Krystal, Jessica’s sister. Seeing how Jessica was being all giddy when she saw her made Taeyeon feel relieved. Even though Krystal’s words before bothered her, Taeyeon couldn’t help it when she knew that she was the first one who visited Jessica.

Jessica was recovering from her bad flu and she didn’t want to affect others. And mostly, Jessica didn’t want to Taeyeon to be worried aboaut her because of her flu.

Who in the world wouldn’t fall for Jessica with her tiny concern?

 

“She’s a ,” Taeyeon heard Jessica murmur something.

“Huh?”


“My sister. I’m sorry if she offended you. She’s just… She tends to do something stupid sometimes.”

“Don’t say things like that, Jessica. My sister turning lovelorn when she saw you come into our house last week was embarrassing.”

Jessica laughed, covering .

“Really?” Her eyes were shining.

“Yeah. She likes you.”

“I guess I have to keep going over to your house then.”

“But you don’t like me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t like you, Kim Taeyeon.”

It made Taeyeon’s heart shatter into pieces.

 

 

 

 

“I love you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me? I could’ve gotten you our best medicine!” Yoona hollered once she pulled the said girl outside. Jessica wouldn’t open her door if Yoona decided to come in. She seemed to have thrown Yoona away from her life. And Yoona hated it.

“I don’t want to bother you,” Jessica replied, smugly.

“Which part of you being sick was a bother for me? You are burning up, for god sakes!”

“Jeez, it’s not like I’m dying.”


“Stop making me freak out.”

“Then, you stop coming here, begging for Krystal to open my door. You know the rules.”

“What rules?”

“Once the taste is gone, same goes for the person. You are dismissed.” Jessica said, looking unapologetically. “I thought you knew the rules.”

“Well, it’s not my fault that I keep coming here because you are the one who made me love you.”

“Did I tell you about the words I said before? You heard me clearly the first time when your caffeine got chosen and you said you would remember everything that happened on that day? Did you already forget those promises? That you will accept any girls of mine and not bother any of them? Do you?”

Yoona silent.

 

“See, you are not even my girlfriend. You are just a senior to me.”


“Then—what is Taeyeon?”

“She—she’s none of your business.”

“I saw the way you looked into her eyes, Jessica.”

“It’s not.”

 

 

 

 

 

“You love Kim Taeyeon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

It was the third row of the week. Taeyeon still continued to send her tumbler to Jessica’s locker with a cute sticker and also a lot of hearts (Taeyeon liked them!). She sent her best tumbler to Jessica, she wanted to get chosen by the Coffee Princess every month. She wanted to beat Yoona in the face.

Jessica seemed out of it today.

Taeyeon didn’t see Jessica when she arrived. Jessica would greet Taeyeon in the morning before inviting Taeyeon to her locker and she would watch as the said girl drank her coffee. It was her daily routine and Taeyeon liked it.

Jessica was kind and cute too. Taeyeon loved her.

 

 

 

“Jessica choose Yoona’s!”

“But I thought she preferred Taeyeon.”

“Are you an idiot? Yoona gave Jessica everything!”

“Yoona’s coffee tastes way better than Taeyeon’s.”

“Taeyeon shouldn’t compete with Yoona.”

“Shut up! Taeyeon is heading here!”

 

 


Taeyeon was not deaf and she heard everything clearly. Loud and clear. Jessica was choosing Yoona and not hers. Jessica liked Yoona better and not her.

And somehow, her heart clenched tightly.

Her eyes were filled with emptiness that was once filled with Jessica’s warm smile.

How could Jessica do that to her?

 

 

Taeyeon always thought she could get someone who would always like her cheap taste caffeine. Taeyeon couldn’t lie when Jessica meet her personally and told her that she liked her caffeine. Taeyeon never knew her heart could actually beat faster; but thanks to Jessica, she finally knew that her heart could beat improperly when the said girl smiled.

Jessica was such a beautiful yet cold spring. She was pretty, but she held a lot of secrets and Taeyeon wanted to treasure them.

Everyone was right.

 

 

 

Jessica believed her taste bud, not her heart.

Or at least that’s what Taeyeon thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Meeting Jessica after one hell week again made Taeyeon shuddered. She did miss the said girl, the said girl who would always her upper lip just to clean the coffee stains and the one who would always lay her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

Taeyeon missed her already.

But everything between them was so awkward and Taeyeon knew, Jessica was trying with all her might to reduce the awkwardness between them. Taeyeon sincerely hoped that Jessica would continue to smile; just like now because Taeyeon loved the way she smiled.

She was pretty and Taeyeon’s eyes could go blind just by looking at her flawless figure.

Jessica looked the same as usual, except for the big dark circles under her eyes that might affect her appearance. But it didn’t matter, Jessica was still pretty to Taeyeon.

 

 

 

 

“Good morning Taeng.” Jessica greeted, still smiling. Taeyeon finally discovered her hidden dimple.

“G—good morning too, Jessica-shi,” Taeyeon replied, timidly. Everything is awkward, Taeyeon whispers.

“You look cute today.”

“I get a new haircut.”

“It suits you, Taeng.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jessica?”

“Yeah?”

“Wanna go out with me today?”

 

For a second Taeyeon blinked her eyes repeatedly before cupping . Her palms quickly found their way to her forehead before slapping them few times. A mutter like ‘Stupid Taeng, Stupid, Stupid’ escaped from her little mouth.

Taeyeon just couldn’t believe herself.

She’s asking Jessica for a date?

Is she for real?

Jessica wouldn’t accept them; she’s dating Yoona.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I was just thinking about asking you to spend a day with me on Saturday. If you don’t mind.”

Oh my god. Taeyeon really didn't mind.

 

 

 

 

Author note : 128 subscribers and 27 upvotes.  Thank you so much for this.  I love u guys. Pls let me know ur thought in the comment box.  Will be waiting for the comments!!! 

So, I wrote another TaengSic. Pls vote at the link!!! 

TaengSic poll!