Earth

Taeyeon's Little Caffeine

 

 

“Jessica?”

“Ah, Taeyeon. What’s going on?”

“Emm just called to say hi?”

“Why are you making things hard again, Taeyeon-ah?”

Taeyeon could feel Jessica's faint smile over her pale lips. Jessica is the one who gave up on everything between them and Taeyeon couldn’t really blame her. Taeyeon couldn’t blame Yoona too, since Yoona just had Jessica to support her. Was it really Taeyeon all blame then?

Was she?

Was she regretting them?

Honestly, Taeyeon don’t.

Loving Jessica is such a heaven and Taeyeon couldn’t even think that there will be anyone who will love her just like Jessica did.

Jessica had done so much; so much until she doesn’t even care about her bleeding nose at the middle shift.

Jessica hurt so much, but there’s no one care about her.

“Have you eaten? Jisung said you never eat before going to your shift.” Taeyeon voices out her concerns.

She hear Jessica sultry laugh.

“He’s exaggerating. I eat much today. Thank you for asking.”

“Jessica, I’m going to head over your house if you lie to me.”

“Taeng, I speak the truth. Krystal cooked for me today.”

Taeyeon smiled at the middle line when heard ‘Taeng’ came out from Jessica voices.

“Do you have time?”

“Sure, why?”

“I miss you.” Its true. Taeyeon missed Jessica.

“I miss you too, Taeng.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

*** 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona frowns when she sees Daniel instead of Jessica. Daniel who is busily talking to the nurses quickly excuse himself before proceed his way to Yoona. He quickly take over the role from the previous nurse and slowly, he made way for both of them. Yoona clenches her fingers tightly on the handler.

Daniel’s pushing seems like an immature and Yoona could differentiate them between Jessica. Daniel is rough, bulky and seems livelier. Compare to Jessica who more soft, mature and thoughtful too. Yoona once had thought that she fall for the wrong type when Jessica starts courting Taeyeon.

But now on, Yoona know that she fall for the right one. And she doesn’t even care that Jessica is still keeping anything about Taeyeon secretly because Yoona is not that stupid. Yoona knows everything but she just keeps playing safe. Jessica had goes all trouble by just taking Yoona into her family and Yoona couldn’t reply her back.

Its Daniel who starts the conversations and if he didn’t talk any, Yoona wasn’t even thinking to start a talk.

“The doctors said you are going to recover soon. I hope you’ll be able to dances again. I love to see you dance again, Yoona sunbaenim.” Daniel says, smiling all teeth.

Yoona scoffs.

“I’m going to be a corpse soon. You can dance on my grave then, I gave you my permission.” Yoona sarcastically replies them.

“Jessica even had a hope on you, Yoona sunbaenim. Why you have that much faith for yourself?”

“You don’t even know what you are saying. Shut up and keep pushing the wheelchair. Be careful with the bumper. I don’t want to end die with my leg half-functioned.”

 

 

 

 

 

Jisung came into Jessica’s house after the third call when Jessica being all mushy toward him. Jisung and Daniel always had a soft side for Jessica and whenever the girl asked for a help, they wouldn’t mind lending a hand for help.

Krystal wasn’t even there when he came and there’s just a miserable Jessica with her eyes rolling. Jisung wondered what happened to her that she needs his help and Jessica had her hand on Jisung’s arm.

“You gotta help me, auntie Yoon,” Jessica said. Jessica had a habit of calling Jisung’s as auntie.

“If you are asking me to bring your back to Busan, I am so not going to do that. Call Daniel!”

“No! I sent Daniel to pick up Yoona today. I’m not going to Busan, jeez. Here, I’m going out with Taeyeon today. What color should I wear today?”

Jisung furrows his eyebrow before his trademark smirk appears. He quickly examines a blushing Jessica and it was weird for Jisung to see the almighty Jessica is blushing just to ask Taeyeon a date.

It’s weirder when Jessica acts all mushy when it comes to shirt picking. Was Jessica a queen fashionista? Was Kim Taeyeon’s power was the one who changed Jessica into 360? Or is it that Taeyeon drives Jessica crazy?

If so, Taeyeon is dangerous.

“Well, what color does she likes?”Jisung asked while examining Jessica’s selection color of her shirt. Jessica had plenty of colored shirts since she was more into grey and black shirts. What a waste.

Jessica gasps, slowly.

“What’s wrong?” Jisung asked again.

“She likes pink.”

And Jisung couldn’t contain his laughter anymore because Jessica started sweating at the word of pink.

“I don’t see that as wrong. Pink suits you, Jessica.”

“That color is terribly ugly on me, Jisung.”

“Are you serious? You never try them.”

Jessica sighed.

“Should I try then?”

“If you dare to make a step forward, I’m sure everything will be easier for you to cross the next path, Jessica. All you have to do is just step further and believe there will be always someone there to love you and accept the way you are. Accept the way you sing, accept the way you swing, accept the way you dress and even eat. Everything is a start when you take something new and new is fantastic.” Jisung spoke once the pink shirt was in his hand. He sat Jessica in the middle of the sofa before tossing the pink shirt into her.

Jessica's mouth slightly agape.

Jisung chuckles before pinching her cheek.

“Go and tell her that you love her so much till you disregard your ego on pink because of her. Go and make mama proud of you, Jessie.” Jisung said once again, getting a bear hug as a response from Jessica.

Jisung could feel Jessica’s warm smile on his back. He pats the girl's back.

 

 

 

 

*** 

 

 

 

 

“Where’s Jessica?” Yoona voices drop one octave lower. Sounds more whispering to Daniel and Jisung but both the guys heard her clearly.

“Why is Jisung is here but why Daniel was the one who picked me up at the hospital? Where’s Jessica?” Yoona asked once again.

Daniel heaved a loud sigh, “She’s meeting Taeyeon. And I don’t want you in the way. You know, Jessica gets pretty distracted with your presence. No offense.” Daniel said, smiling pitifully. He sneaked a glance toward Jisung, who had his eyes on Yoona. Sure, Jisung was probably having a mental breakdown about Yoona's worse condition.

Yoona had turned so skinny and Jisung couldn’t recognize her.

“She left me?”

“No. She’s just meeting her, not leaving you behind.”

“How about if she left me after she met Taeyeon?”

“Yoona, you think too much.”

“Jisung.” Yoona called. Jisung got surprised, “Yes?” He replied.

“Why are you here?”

“… Jessica called me yesterday to help her with her clothing. She wants to look the best for Taeyeon, I think.” Jisung answers while hoping his answer wouldn’t make the sick deer burst into tears. Jisung tried to be honest with Yoona. He knows how hard it could be for Yoona to understand.

Jisung don’t even blame her.

Yoona needed support.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you serious, unnie? I am scared that you might bawling in front of her.” Hyoyeon teased while Taeyeon is putting a shade on her cheeks. Taeyeon says, she want to look the best for Jessica. At least, for the last encounter and no more. She won’t be interfering in Yoona’s life or Jessica.

She does really need to move on.

Her uncle makes a wise decision, Taeyeon thought. Uncle Heechul successfully got her a place in some prestigious university in Italy. The timing was perfect and Taeyeon wants to squeeze herself away from Jessica forever. She had to move on eventually. She doesn’t want to be a burden for Jessica. She carried so much of burden but didn’t bother to complaint anything.

She’s strong and Taeyeon is weak.

Taeyeon doesn’t want to protect her anymore.

Jessica is strong enough without her.

And Taeyeon should realize that she should stop when Hyoyeon was challenging her to make a caffeine for the Princess Caffeine. If she knew this is the ending of her very chapter, she would just stay in the student council room every day, every week and doesn't bother to give a about the rumors of Princess Caffeine. She will just shut herself out from the school’s public and stay timid.

If that happened, Taeyeon would just want everything back to normal.

She wanted Jessica to stay the way she is, Yoona is back at school as a Goddess and Taeyeon don't have to mend her broken heart while trying to moving on from her.

 

“I’m serious, Hyoyeon,” Taeyeon answered her.

“But you love her.”

“Sometimes, you need to sacrifice something you love so much.”

“Sick love.”

“Yes.”

“You can always love her, unnie.”

“You don’t have to remind me, Hyo.”

“Then, you’re going to ask to break up?”

Taeyeon nodded, more fiercely than before.

“I want to break up and I will move on eventually after we move to Italy.”

Hyoyeon smiles go ease the pain away in Taeyeon’s heart for a while. She heard Hyoyeon kept chanting beautiful places in Italy and honestly, she felt happy while hearing that. Sure, Hyoyeon’s wasn’t the only one who’s excited to move to the new place. Taeyeon should be happy too.

But the truth is,

She isn't.

Her entire mind was wandering.

 

 

On how Jessica will respond when she asked, “Jessica, let’s breakup shall we?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

*** 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You look pretty.” Someone beside her said that. Jessica looked shocked but nevertheless, she smiled in return.

“Noona is pretty.” The little boy said before giving Jessica his chocolate heart to her. Jessica chuckled in reaction before patting the little boy head. She couldn’t help but to smooches the boy with her kisses.

“He tends to give a pretty noona his chocolate.” His mother explained.

“Thank you, and you look handsome too.” Jessica replied.

“I want to marry someone like noona when I grow up!” The little boy exclaimed, happily.

“You do?”

“Yep, I do!”

“Aww, you're so cute!”

“Sorry if I’m bothering you. But do you dress up like this every day?” The mother asks, smiling toothily. Jessica understands, its not like everyday someone with blonde hair and a pink dress is taking a bus to Taeyeon’s.

Taeyeon, her heart whispers cheerfully.

I’m going to claim Taeyeon.

“Nope. It's just I’m going to propose to someone today.” Jessica answers, bashfully.

The mother nods, “Now it makes sense. Go and rock the world, lady. Show them that you love them so much that you couldn’t forget them,” the mother said.

“How do you…”

“Well, I know that look too well, my dear.”

 

“Hey, what happened?”

“What, what?!”

“Why is this bus is shaking?”

“What is going on?”

“Wait up.”

 

“Noona, where’s my mom?”

“Noona will look after her.”

 

 

 

 

 

***    

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon felt like stupid. Jessica didn’t even show up after three hours of waiting for her. Taeyeon has finished three bottles of juice while waiting for the blonde girl to appear behind the door with her sorry smile and her charming attitude. Taeyeon was waiting peacefully until she just realized that Jessica wouldn’t come and Taeyeon has wasted her time for three ing hours straight without doing anything.

Taeyeon simply glanced toward her phone. Not a single message or even call from her and Taeyeon knows very well.

Jessica Jung wouldn’t even come.

She fishes out her notes before paying the bills. She had enough. Jessica is on her way and Taeyeon doesn’t even mind if Jessica forgets her.

Taeyeon is so hurt.

And thank god Jessica didn’t even come because Taeyeon is planning to break her apart. But it didn’t go smoothly just like she planned. Jessica was the one who successfully bailed Taeyeon out without her intention. Or, Jessica really had the intention to bail Taeyeon out too.

Taeyeon walked out from the café with her scowl. A scowl that enough to make anyone scared of her or wake the zombies up.

An SMS from Hyoyeon, Taeyeon doesn't even mind.

All of her mind wanders to Jessica.

Why didn't Jessica even come? She did promise and Taeyeon knew Jessica too well. Jessica wouldn’t break her promises or at least, she would text Taeyeon before Taeyeon went there.

And Jessica makes Taeyeon wait like an idiot, she hates it.

She hated it when she was planning to make Jessica hurt just like her, it doesn’t work. Simply, the plan was hurting her instead of hurting Jessica. Taeyeon doesn't just realize that her own tears were flowing on her cheeks.

She wiped it away harshly.

She hated it when she was still soft when Jessica is everywhere.

And now, she even doubts the decision to make Jessica hurt.

 

“Hello?”

“Hello?”

“Is this Taeyeon sunbae?”

“Daniel?”

“Right. Taeyeon sunbae, I hope you wouldn’t even freak out.”

“You know what, tell your friend I don’t even ing need her in my life anymore. Go herself and Yoona too cause I don’t need her. Tell me beforehand so I don’t need to fool myself in the restaurant for three hours straight!”

And then, Taeyeon swipe the red option. Her life was done and Taeyeon hated Jessica.

Taeyeon hated Jessica.

Taeyeon hated Jessica.

Taeyeon hated Jessica.

So much…

A text received and Taeyeon opens them. And she didn't even expect it comes.

 

“Jessica is in hospital now. Couldn’t tell you more, just hurry up!” – Daniel.

 

Taeyeon didn’t know that a single message could change her life forever.

 

 

 


 

author note: Wow what a day and totally sorry for not updating heheXD  As you can see, I recently add a new co-author who willing to betaing this story and I was glad she was here huhuhuhuXD She has start betaing from the first chapter and I just want to say thank you miss @gimjongdae 

so, what are you thinking about the chapter hehe?