Starry

Taeyeon's Little Caffeine


 


 


 

“I have to go now,” Jessica said, smiling all toothily with cotton candy in her right hand. I spent a nice day with her and I don’t want to ever forget anything that happened today. Even though she broke my heart a little, but she made up for it fast.

I enjoyed spending my time with her and I wanted to spend my time with her once again if I had the chance.

“Sure. Have a safe walk.” I said, looking at my feet.

“Will do. Oh, Taeyeon.”

“Yeah?”

“I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“You look beautiful today,” Jessica said before giving me a peck and walking away from me. She didn’t spare me a look and I found myself smiling stupidly. My right palm crept to my lips. Jessica Jung kissed me two seconds ago and I wasn’t ready for her kiss. At least, tell me before hand and I could apply a tint on my lips!

I felt a vibration, and I knew I had received messages.


And it was from Jessica.


 

“Get inside. It’s chilly.”

I smiled.

“Do tell me beforehand. So, I could apply a tint!”

She replied.

“You are too irresistible and I couldn’t help it.”


 


 


 

At the end of the day, I smiled like an idiot.


 


 


 


 


 

***


 


 


 

Yoona was there in Jessica’s house and she couldn’t help, but change her direction to anywhere. Not when the little psychopath was there and Jessica was not willing to sacrifice her soul for her. She was about to run from her doorsteps immediately when she was caught by Yoona who stormed toward her before grabbing her shirt.

Yoona was furious, all red, cheek stained with tears.

“Where are you going?” Yoona asked, sobbing.

“S-somewhere. What happened?” Jessica knew, there must be something behind everything.

Because the ‘immortal’ Im Yoona never cried for anything silly and Jessica hold the urge to punch Yoona when the deer was still crying.

Krystal was behind her, gesturing her sister to pull Yoona into her arms and Jessica groaned silently. She pulled Yoona into her arms and the deer girl easily latches herself onto her.

“What happened, hmm?” Jessica asked, hummed. She caressed Yoona’s hair softly before giving light kisses onto Yoona’s crown.

“My parents…” Yoona mouth out.

“Carry on.”

“T—they… Their flight was –crashed.”


 


 


 

And with that, Im Yoona passed out in her arms.


 


 


 


 


 

***


 


 


 


 

Once again, Jessica and Yoona became a hot topic when the both didn’t attend school for a week straight. Everyone was looking for them because one, it was a new week and they wanted to try their luck with the coffee prince. She wasn’t there and her favorite barista (they tend to call Yoona a barista because she was the one that Jessica always pick before Taeyeon!) was also missing in action.


Taeyeon somehow felt kind of irritated.

Jessica made Taeyeon fall for her.

But she didn’t explain in detail how a simple action from her made Taeyeon feel all jingle and flower?

No one can’t answer that, Taeyeon imagine.

Kim Taeyeon hated Jessica Jung so much.

But she wasn’t so sure if the next time they met, she would hate Jessica.


 


 


 

It was eight at night and there Taeyeon was. Standing alone in front of Jessica’s house hoping the said girl would be the one who greeted her. For some reason, Taeyeon didn’t like Jessica’s sister. She seemed sassy and a little bit Yoona-ish. The way she greeted Taeyeon also didn’t seem pleasing. And Taeyeon didn’t like Jessica sister at all.

Too bad, the one she didn’t like was the one who opened the door for her.

Again.

Krystal looked surprised, but didn’t freak out.

“Are you looking for Soo Yeon?” Krystal asked, feeling kind of curious.

“Who’s Soo Yeon?” Taeyeon replied. She never encountered anyone with that name in her life before and she was sure that this was Jessica’s house and the girl in front her was Krystal, Jessica’s sister.

Krystal sighed.

“Right. Are you looking for Jessica?”

“Oh, yeah. Yep. Is she around?”

“Come inside. It’s cold outside.” Krystal invited Taeyeon in and she seemed nice about it too. Taeyeon didn’t know what kind of game she was playing, but of course Taeyeon had to remind herself not to fall for her.

It’s okay to fall for her sister, but not Krystal, Taeyeon whispered.


Krystal led the way. Krystal casually told Taeyeon to sit down because she needed to prepare a hot tea and maybe call Jessica for her. Taeyeon took that as a joke and sat on the comfy couch.

Jessica and Krystal's picture was hung everywhere at every corner. From their baby pictures, up until they were growing up together. From the picture, Taeyeon assumed that Jessica and Krystal have the best family bond compared to any other sibling.

Jessica loves Krystal; Krystal loves Jessica.

“Jessica is upstairs. I can call her if you want.”

“Nah, it’s okay. I want to go surprise her.”

“Oh, okay. What’s the tumbler about?”

“It’s for her actually. She likes my coffee.”

“Ah.”


 


 


 

It was a huge mistake for Taeyeon. Jessica will be happy if she sees me with my coffee, that was what Taeyeon thought. But, now…


 


 

Taeyeon wasn’t even sure Jessica would even like her even a tiny bit after what she saw.

Yoona was in her arms and Jessica was hugging her tightly. Taeyeon could see clearly that Jessica was muttering ‘I love you, Yoona’ and ‘Don’t make me break again’ and there were so many other fancy words that Taeyeon had heard. She could hear Yoona’s little sniff and Jessica gasped. Probably not knowing that Taeyeon was there.


 

“Taeyeon?”

“I promise everything you saw it’s not what you think.”


“Taeyeon, talk to me.”


 

“Taeyeon, Yoona needs a friend. And I wanted to be her friend, at least that’s all I can do for her.”


 

“Taeyeon, you don’t even understand what I’m talking about.”


 

“Taeyeon, she lost her family and I want to help her with that.”


 

“Taeyeon?”