Chapter ten: All good things must end

choi youngjae effect

  With all the recent mess that was their lives the boys social media accounts seemed long forgotten, Jaebum and Jinyoungs weekly uploads haven't happened in two weeks, Jacksons daily vlogs became a 'once a week' thing and no one has heard from any of the King members in who knows how long, even their die hard fans (saesangs, really) couldn't tell you where they were. With the exception of mark, who never missed a scheduled upload, the boys channels were dying. Their friends were not happy about this, Minghao had gone on for hours whining about their impending 'social death', Mingyu and Jungkook got so tired hearing about it they decided to actually get them active on their channels again (they'd do anything to get Minghao to shut the up). 

  They'd even gotten Jackson on board, Mingyu would make a video with JJCross, Jungkook with Yugyeom and Bambam, and Jackson with Youngjae (after Jackson practically begged them to pair them up together). They planned everything down to the last detail, they had to make this work otherwise they'd never hear the end of Minghaos whining. When everything was finally prepared Mingyu kidnapped convinced Jinyoung to come to his dorm, It'd be difficult finding Jaebum since no one had seen him in a few days but Mingyu knew Jinyoung could track down his best friend. Yugyeom and Bambam were hesitant to leave Youngjaes side but Jungkook promised them Youngjae would be in good hands for the next two hours while they filmed their Videos.

  Jackson was extremely nervous, and excited, and upset and overall just a mixture of way too many emotions he didn't think he was capable of feeling all at once. A day with youngjae was great, but they barely talked since he found out about the incident he of course went over to their dorm to check up on him a few times but he could barely look him in the eye after what his best friend did to him. Seeing Youngjae upset was the worst thing he ever experienced and he didn't want to ever see him like that again so he had to do everything in his power to cheer him up today, he couldn't fail. He grabbed all his video equipment and headed to Youngjaes dorm, It was a little past 3 meaning all the other boys would still be out filming leaving him and Youngjae alone for a few hours, he was definetely nervous.

  "Jae", Jackson set the equipment down and headed to Youngjaes room "I'm sure Bambam already told you about the video thing, Uh I have a few ideas you can choose from". Youngjae just stared at him. 

  "Actually..I don't wanna make the video", Youngjae didn't even look him in the eye when he said it, his attention focused on everything except Jackson, "I don't really want any part of social media anymore". Jacksons heart sank, Youngjae is what got him into all this social media stuff in the first place, His dumb youtube videos and silly tweets made so many people happy, especially Jackson, and he had wanted to be like that too. And now here he was, telling Jackson he wants to quit.

  "Youngae..You can't. I know this Jaebum and Mark stuff is hard but you can't quit you make so many people happy, You make me hap-"

"No", Youngjae cut him off "You don't understand Jackson, everyone hates me i'm not the Youngjae everyone adores anymore, i'm just the that ed Jaebum'', Jackson was so dumbfounded by Youngjaes harsh words he couldn't even think of a response so Youngjae continued, "I'm fine with the titles i can't even be bothered to care at this point, But if no one even likes me what's the point? Do i just go online so people can tell me how worthless i am?"

"You're being selfish Youngae!", Jackson knows he can't fully understand where Youngjae is coming from but he knows people care about him, He cares about him and he's not gonna let him make such a rash decision just because things are hard right now. There's too many memories and people that love him attached to that channel for Jackson to just let him deactivate it. Jackson just wants to scream about how much he loves Youngjae and how much he means to him but the younger is so hard to talk to when he's like this, He won't listen to anything Jackson has to say and they're both too frustrated to hold an actual conversation. Jackson leaves. 

  Mingyu was probably just as frustrated as Jackson was, Jinyoung had blatantly refused to tell him where Jaebum was.

"I don't know where he is and i don't care, Stop asking", Jinyoung deadpanned after the tenth time Mingyu asked for the elders location. Mingyu knew something happened between Jaebum and Youngjae but he didn't know what it was and he couldn't understand what could've possibly happened between the two to make Jinyoung this upset. Those two were practically linked together, If Jaebum was somewhere, Jinyoung was too it was just weird not seeing them together. They had fought before, but it was over simple domestic stuff like video ideas it'd never been serious enough for them to go a week without talking.

 "...Is this because you like Jaebum but he has like a major crush on Youngae?"

"No!", Jinyoung spluttered "It's not like that we're just friends it's just...". Jinyoung sighs "He's my best friend i miss him, But he really ed up this time I can't just forgive him''

 "You don't have to forgive him right now, But talk to him, Nothing will get better until you two talk"

 All Jinyoung could do was stare at Mingyu, This is the same boy that ate glue last week because Wonwoo told him it tasted like candy and now here he was being 'deep'.  Things were definitely changing if Jinyoung actually thought what Mingyu said was smart. But sadly he was right, He couldn't avoid Jaebum forever and he did have a pretty good idea of where the ladder was hiding. 

  By the end of the day only one of their videos had actually been filmed, Yugyeom, Bambam and Jungkook did a great dance cover to some song Jihoon had composed, Once Jungkook finishes editing it it should be a huge hit online and fans would definitely be excited to see some of King again. Everything was going well for them (with the exception of Youngjae, Mark and Jackson), Jinyoung was even going to talk to Jaebum again and after all their recent drama, this is exactly what the boys needed.

 

Authors note:....Dont kill me for lack of updates im sorry stress and really got to me i had this terrible chapter written for three weeks i just never uploaded it im sorry T.T i plan to write better and have jaebum return next chapter so bear with me through this mess im so freaking happy and anxious that so many people have read this mess OH I WROTE A SHORT FLUFFY FIC ON AO3 ITS A BANGTAN FIC BUT CHECK IT OUTPLS? IF U WANT ? MY @ IS THE SAME AS THIS ONE AIGHT IM OUT ILY ALL