Chapter thirteen: Trust me

choi youngjae effect

 The boys woke up to the smell of Ms.Parks cooking and for a second they could forget their worries and reminisce the old days where they'd wake up to this every morning. The two groggily rose and followed the scent of eggs and budaejiggae coming from the kitchen. 

"Oh Bummie you're up already? I made your favorite please try to eat today i'm-" Mrs.Park dropped the small bowl of warm rice she was bringing to the table when she turned and spotted Jinyoung. Having not one, but two, of her children back home unexpectedly was of course a wonderful surprise but also very worrying. As long as Jaebum had been back he'd barely spoken a word or even eaten, he's been cooped up in the boys shared room only leaving when absolutely necessary. Of course they had scolded him that this was no way to live but Jaebum had always been a stubborn boy all they could do was worry for him and wait for him to come around. But Jinyoung was easier to break. So Ms.Park waited, and waited, not moving an inch from the spot she was in when she first spotted Jinyoung until he finally broke down.

 "Eomma..." Jinyoungs voice shook a bit, and if you looked very closely you could see the tears swelling in his eyes "We..We messed up. R-Really badly, Eomma it's all my fault i should've known better I didn't stop him I knew how he gets wh-when he drinks and i...It's all my fault." Jinyoung wasn't even sure if his mother understood anything he just said, he didn't think he could repeat himself again. He reminded himself too many times he caused this he didn't want to do it again. But luckily his mother understood, or maybe she didn't understand what he was trying to say at all but she did know her boys were hurting and that was her cue to shush Jinyoung and pull them both into a tight hug and reassure them it'd be okay. Jinyoung thought the scene must've looked funny from an outside perspective; The two boys had long outgrew her and were practically towering over her but she still embraced them like they were just as big as they were when they were six. Jinyoung felt Jaebums stiff body relax next to him and that made him relax too. As long as Jaebum was okay Jinyoung was too.

 They tried to go back to normal as much as they could for half an hour to enjoy their meal quietly before they'd inevitably have to talk about it again. His mother made small talk as best as she could, avoiding the topic of school completely and focusing on how thin and pale the boys had gotten since the last time she'd seen them a couple months back for break. She fussed over them and scooped lots of rice and soup into their bowls as they smiled and tried to reassure her they were fine but she was having none of it, Jaebum smiled. A genuine smile Jinyoung hadn't seen for so long he had forgotten his face was capable of even doing that, It was quite infectious Jinyoung soon found himself smiling just as widely as the ladder. But it couldn't last forever.

 "Okay boys, I think it's time we talk" Jinyoungs mom sighed and gestured over to the couch. She tried her best to ignore the grim looks on their faces and continued before she backed out of it entirely. "I don't know whats going on and i'm not entirely sure i want to know but if its this bad" she paused to look at Jaebum and Jinyoung who were obviously in bad shape, "Then we have to do something about it. Is it that Youtube channel of yours? I told you boys to drop social media the second it got toxic, I don't want-"

"Eomma." Jaebum stopped her ''Please trust us. We can't really talk about it right now it was bad, Traumatizing even for the person involved and i'd rather not have it spread more. Jinyoung did nothing wrong, This was my mess and I'll try to fix it i promise, I know i don't deserve it but please...Have faith in me.'' Jaebum couldn't look her in the eye in fear of the disappointed look that was bound to be on her face. 

"Of course I have faith in you Bummie." 

A weight was lifted off his shoulders after hearing her say that. "I think... I think it's time we go back to our dorms I have a lot to fix."

 The drive back to school was uneventful, Jaebum didn't speak much because he was too deep in thought and Jinyoung was catching up with his mother on all the things he's missed out on since they last saw each other. But as soon as they got back to their dorm room and were alone Jinyoung and Jaebum discussed the situation in further detail. Jaebum had his mind set on something and was pretty adamant on it but Jinyoung..Wasn't so sure.

"Your old therapist?" Jinyoung questioned Jaebum for the millionth time on it "I suggested a therapist but Jaebum, this is getting a little too personal It'd be better if you stayed out of this all together and let him heal."

"I made this personal Nyoung, I caused this. Please, I know he doesnt owe me anything I lost that privelege when i hurt him but please it'd mean so much to me if you took him to her, She helped me and i sure she'd help Youngjae too." Jinyoung sighed. It was silent for a few minutes but it felt like hours to Jaebum as he waited for a response. 

"...I can't do that. As much as I hate to say this it's just overstepping, If you want to repair things with Youngjae you have to do it yourself. Tell him how much it means to you, Just convince him to go but you have to be the one to do it."

"Why would he listen to me after what i did?"

Jinyoung paused, He had a point. But still, Jinyoung knew first hand how trusting and forgiving Youngjae could be. Even though he knew sometimes Youngjaes forgiving nature could do more harm than good they had to give it a shot.

"There's no reason he should trust you after that but for some reason he does so ing talk to him and get him help before he self destructs."

 

 

Authors note: Wow... My updates are so slow kill me i promise i didn't forget about this story but stress and schol and the fact that this story is so close to ending ahh idk okay please anticipate the next chapter i think since it's so close to the end of this fic its more important and with all the boys meeting up and together again etc. Im sorry this story kind of doesnt it? Im working on a new series so please support that when i finish it.