Chapter nine:Broken

choi youngjae effect

  The boys didn't get much sleep that night. They thought finding out what happened between Jaebum and Youngjae would solve everything but it only made matters worse. It didn't help that they could hear Youngjaes muffled sobs next door. Their best friend was broken, and there was nothing they could do to fix it. No sleepovers, Disney marathons or awkward meetings could fix him. In the short hours they had known, Yugyeom racked his brain for solutions but ultimately came up with nothing. 

  "Bam'' Jinyoung patted the area right next to him on the small bed "come here". Bambam crawled over and wrapped his arms around Jinyoung, his head buried deep in his chest.  Eventually Bambam fell asleep, dried tears still visble on his pink tinted cheeks.

  "Are you okay?' Jinyoung croaked out, voice still hoarse from comforting Bambam. Even with his comforting the younger hadn't calmed down until Jinyoung softly hummed him to sleep. Jinyoung continued humming to the younger even after he had fallen asleep, running fingers through his hair soothingly to ensure the boy didn't stir.

  Yugyeom didn't trust his voice right now, he was afraid that if he spoke right now his voice would crack and he would end up sobbing. Crying in front of Jinyoung would be way too embarrasing so he just violently shook his head.

 "You aren't supposed to be okay Gyeom, You're a fifteen year old kid and life "

"..What about you?'' Yugyeom whispered.

Jinyoung laughed. "Im a dumb sixteen year old and life still , Who knows when it'll get better" Jinyoung paused for a bit to play with Bambams hair before quietly adding "But it will, i promise". That was yugyeoms cue to drift off, trusting that what Jinyoung had said was true.

Yugyeom woke up the next morning on his own, the dorm was unusually quiet especially for a school day, yugyeom was beginning to think they left without him. He rushed out into the living room, relieved that Jinyoung was still here. Jinyoung never skipped school, if he had chosen to stay home today it had to be serious enough for the other boys to stay too. If its that serious it must have to do with youngjae.. 

"He's fine he's in his room sleeping and no we aren't going to school today we're having a 'talk'" Jinyoung was pretty impressive, he could answer all of yugyeoms questions without him even asking. Satisfied with the answer Yugyeom slid into the seat next to Jinyoung where Jinyoung already had breakfast ready for him. Yugyeom glanced at the empty seat next to him, suprised Bambam wasn't already up annoying everyone, Jinyoung must've caught him staring and quickly explained "Bambam woke up early and wanted to go sleep with youngjae for a bit". Yugyeom nodded, of course he was, yugyeom knew how the elder could get about things involving youngjae and this was pretty serious. Youngjae was like his brother (his other half really) if Youngjae was hurting Bam was too, and Youngjae was definitely hurting. 

 Yugyeom wasn't really hungry anymore he just picked at his food and stared down at the table, Jinyoung sighed, clearly disapproving but he couldn't really say anything, his appetite was long gone and he was aimlessly picking at his food too. After thirty minutes of them 'eating' Jinyoung gets up and heads to Youngjaes room leaving Yugyeom sitting in the living room bored out of his mind with way too much to think about. The bedroom door creaks open and out comes Jinyoung and Youngjae with Bambam trailing behind them, eyes fixated on Youngae. Yugyeoms stomach drops when the realization hits him that this is the first time hes seen youngjae since they found out. He was beginning to get overwhelmingly uncomfortable, He couldn't even look youngjae in the eye, he just felt like he had intruded on something way too personal, he felt guilty. If he didn't get out of here soon he was sure he'd start crying.

  "Youngjae" Yugyeom couldnt help but notice how Jinyoung looked Youngjae directly in the eyes when he called him, his voice didnt even waver. Yugyeom would never admit it but he honestly admired how calm the elder could be, even in situations like this. "Are you okay".

"I'm fine why wouldn't i be" Youngjae had tried to match Jinyoungs even tone but his voice was extremely tight and he sounded like he was on the verge of tears, Bambam stepped forward to be close enough to comfort the elder incase he did cry. 

"We know what happened..." Bambam whispered, he didn't face youngjae like jinyoung did but he tried to be as calm as possible "You don't have to be okay Jae". Youngjae was shaking now, he didn't even respond he just stared blankly at the floor. It wasn't until Jinyoung hugged him that Youngjae really allowed himself to break down, he fell into the older boys embrace and cried. Youngjae is muttering something Yugyeom can't really understand what hes saying but he hears something along the lines of 'it's all my fault'. Yugyeom couldn't help but get mad, not only had Jaebum hurt his best friend he hadn't even took responsibility for it, Youngjae couldn't even see that Jaebum was at fault and not him. 

  "Its not your fault at all" Jinyoung reassured him, Yugyeom could see that Jinyoung was trying to stay strong, as the oldest one here he felt like it was his job to protect them but he had failed and Youngjae and the others got hurt as a result of that. 

"You guys don't hate me right?" Youngjae whimpers. Yugyeom couldn't hold in his anger anymore, he had tried to calmly watch the situation unfold from his safe, distanced spot on the couch but he couldn't just stand back now. How could Youngjae even think that? He was his best friend and the boy he just so happened to love and the fact that Youngae even questioned how much he meant to Yugyeom hurt him.

  "We could never hate you Jae, What happened wasn't your fault it's Jaebums you did nothing wrong" Jinyoung looked suprised by Yugyeoms sudden outburst since the younger had been so quiet this entire time but he nodded his head "Yugyeoms right, Jaebum was wrong not you, don't feel bad for his mistakes he has to own up to what he did".

 Youngjaes eyes widened and he frantically shook his head, "No you don't understand he was drunk, i must've provoked him It's all my fault i should've-"

"Youngjae" Jinyoung cut him off "You didn't do anything wrong, Jaebum is old enough to be held responsible for his own actions as his best friend i should know that better than anyone else, Jaebum is really aggressive when he's drunk i shouldn't have let him drink at the party i'm sorry jae". Youngjae didn't say anything but he rubbed Jinyoungs leg comfortingly to let Jinyoung know he didn't blame him for anything. Another ten minutes passed before anything else was said.

 Jinyoung sighed and turned to face Youngae. "Now Jae this is a very personal question and you don't have to answer if you aren't comfortable with it but it's important we know" Jinyoung talked slowly like he was still trying to think of how he should ask "What exactly did Jaebum do?".

  Yugyeom tensed up, he knew this question was coming but he didn't really want to confirm that what mark said was true. Youngjae looked down at his lap "He didn't get to do that he passed out before he could but he..He tried to.. Please don't make me say it" He pleaded. Jinyoung nods and drops the topic. 

"That's enough questions for today" 

Youngjae gets up to leave but Yugyeom grabbed his arm 

"Please Jae just stay with us nothing's gonna get better if you keep isolating yourself, we're here to help" 

Reluctantly, Youngjae sat back down. Things certainly weren't better but atleast Youngjaes with them now and Yugyeom doesn't intend on ever letting him go.

 

Authors note:AHH IM TIRED IVE BEEN UP FOR LIKE TWO DAYS STREAMING COMEBACKS AND WORKING ON FICS (speaking of that i have a couple bts and seventeen fics on the way so please support those when i write them i promise they wont be as terrible as this fic) BUT PLEASE PLEASE SUPPORT GOT7S COMEBACK THEY WORKED SO HARD ON IT IM SO ING PROUD THIS IS PROBABLY MY FAVORITE COMEBACK YET MOON U AND REMEMBER YOU ARE PROBABLY MY FAVORITE SONGS RN BUT I ALSO LOVE FACE AND TEENAGER SM ALSO IM SLEEP DEPRIVED SO THIS CHAPTER PROBABLY HAS ALOT OF MISTAKES SO SORRY ABT THAT SEND ME NICE COMMENTS ANDFIC IDEAS WHILE I SLEEP I WANNA MAKE A SVT OR COSMIC GIRLS GC FIC SO MAYBE THATLL BE NEXT (Even thio im currently working on a namjin fic) I LOVE YOU ALL SUPPORT 7 FOR 7 OKAY IM OUT NOW