Chapter eleven: Maybe we'll be okay

choi youngjae effect

 

  It's safe to say Jackson wasn't having the best day, or week, or even month because Choi Youngjae was mad at him. That meant nothing could possibly go well for him; It's like the universe was the founder of the 'Choi Youngjae protection squad' (though Jinyoung, Yugyeom and Bambam would disagree). Everything had gone wrong today, He couldnt focus at all his mind was filled with thoughts of the younger all day resulting in 3 failed tests and two detentions and just for the extra fun bully jackson finale Bambam had 'accidently' spilled his lunch all over Jackson. By the end of the day Jackson was ready to curl up in a ball and die. He opted to go straight home after school to prevent further accidents, Which meant he had to see Mark. Mark was obviously his best friend but things between them lately had been...bad to say the least. It's like something in their friendship had shifted, they just seemed to tip toe around eachother and the issue without actually addressing it and that pissed Jackson off. 

"Hey Mark i'm home." Mark looked at him shocked that Jackson had actually willingly talked to him, that hadn't happened in atleast a week. 

"..Hey Jackson, quiet down im trying to record a video." Mark muttered before turning back around to face the camera "As i was saying before i was interrupted," Mark paused to side eye him which Jackson responded to by flashing the camera a cheeky grin "There's been a lot of going on recently that i think we need to address, Popular instagram couple Nayeon and Jeongyeon  broke up i even heard from a source that-"

"Mark." Jackson couldnt believe it, This kid really was unbelievable. How ing dare Mark get involved in anymore social media drama after the bull he just pulled with Youngjae. It took a lot to get Jackson angry, One of those things being Youngjae and anyone who hurt him. Jackson could tolerate a lot from his best friend, he'd put up wth him for too many years to not be used to all the annoying things he could do but this was different.This was a lot deeper than Mark stealing his video ideas or domestic room mate fights, Jackon could deal with that this he couldnt just let go. "After all you put Youngjae through with those stupid rumors you're gonna do it again?" Jackson shook his head in disbelief "I really thouht you changed."

  "Jackson come on, you know this is different" He looked so hurt at the thought of his best friend being so disappointed in him "I-I didn't mean to hurt Youngjae i know it was wrong i just-" Mark cut himself off not really knowing what to say next. "You're the one who suggested we start making videos again in the first place!" he quickly defend himself. Jackson had enough of Marks excuses, He decided to leave the dorm before he says something he'll regret, he didnt need another fight with a close friend right now. 

"Jiaer'' Mark called out "Where are you going?". Jackson froze, Mark never called him that. It was a name reserved for when he's really hurting and needs his best friend by his side, he'd only heard him call him that twice throughout their long friendship. He shook it off, He wouldn't let Mark get to him again. 

"I'm going to see Youngjae, Unlike you i can acknowledge when i'm wrong, I have to go apologize to him." He spat before turning and leaving without another word.

  Jackson arrived at Youngjaes dorm looking like a kicked puppy. He apologized as soon as youngjae opened the door, even going as far as to dramatically get on his knees and beg for youngjaes forgival, The perfromance earning him a small smile from Youngjae.

 "I'm sorry too Hyung...It was mainly my fault anyways. I don't really want to quit i guess sometimes it just gets too stressful...Let me make it up to you" Jackson looked up at him a little too hopeful.

"..With a kiss?" Youngjae laughs and playfully nudges him.

"No silly..Let's film a video together, Whatever you want". Jacksons heart skips a beat; That laugh, That smile, It's almost like the old Youngjae is back. 

"How have you been recently Jae?" he changes the subject out of curiosity.

  Youngjae shrugs off the question with a simple answer, 'he's seen worse days' Which Jackson doesn't accept as an answer until Youngjae reassures him that the other boys have been helping him a lot and he thinks he'll get better, that he wants to get better, He's even considering therapy. Jackson took a deep breath, This was a lot to take in for someone so used to the overly energetic ball of sunshine youngjae usually was, But still, It's Youngjae and Jackson will support him regardless. He realizes youngjaes staring at him weirdly so he tries to compose himself.

"I'm really proud of you..You've grown a lot." He says the last part quietly hoping youngjae didn't hear his overly sappy admiration but the wide smile forming on Youngjaes face assures him he heard it. He could feel his cheeks burning in embarrasement, before Youngjae got the chance to Jackson changed the subject. "I'll go get the camera so we can start filming."

 "Why this!" Youngjae groans before falling back on his bed. All Jackson could do was laugh. 

"You said anything! So now we're doing the boyfriend tag so get up and answer these questions". Youngjae stares at him as if he's contemplating his murder. "What? You said get to choose and chose the boyfriend tag so lets go!" Jackson quiclky defends his choice of game.  20 questions and obnoxious flirting later their video was filmed, edited and ready to be posted. Jackson hits send and waits for the views and comments to increase. He should've expected the mess of comments that came next.

How many boyfriends does he have?!

Didn't he just hook up with Jaebum...Seriously this guy is getting annoying

What a Jackson deserves better...

  Youngjae wordlessly scrolled through the comments, Wincing whenever he reads a particularly harsh one. Jackson pulls Youngjae closer to him and embraces him. Youngjae violently shook his head no and twisted his body to face Jackson.

"No, don't treat me like this, please. I'm not some fragile doll thats gonna break just from a couple of mean comments on the internet. I'm okay i dont care about stupid youtube comments i have you..and the others. That's a lot more important to me than youtube fame." Next thing Jackson knows his lips are against Youngjaes. They're kissing. The warm feeling he got when he did it almost made him forget how wrong this was. But he couldn't ignore the voice in his head telling him to stop, he pulled away not even a minute later. 

"Jae im sorry, That was too far I-". Youngjae cut him off before he could finish, he looked taken by suprise of course but he wasnt scared like Jackson expected him to be. 

"Don't be sorry..It felt nice. I know you wont hurt me, you aren't like him." It sounded more like he was convincing himself.

 

 

Authors note: i wanred to write this for like a month but ive been really unmotivated the only thing that got me to finish this chapter was a comment someone wrote today asking for more jackjae lol thank you for the comments theyre always appreciated. I wanted to add the JJ project meeting into this chapter but i think i'll leave it off here for now. believe it or not we're getting really close to the end of the fic (dont worrry i have more fics and series planned!!) the ending of the fic will either be really angsty or really fluffy.. I havent decided yet so plan your tissues just incase OKAY IM OUT PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU CAN THOSE REALLY MOTIVATE ME TO CONTINUE THIS TY FIC ILY