십 || 열

Everything Went Wrong!

a/n: fyi, I'll put the timeline for each chapter just in case some of you guys got confused or whatsoever. This is after the concert in Saitama.

Jeonghan suddenly found herself woke up in the middle of the night without any intention. She sat up from her lying position and looked around, finding Seungcheol and Jihoon were still sleeping peacefully on their beds. Mingyu were nowhere to find and Joshua was lying on his bed instead because the former slept in Wonwoo's room.

Jeonghan stared at Joshua and her mind rewinded back to the incident that happened during one of their rehearsals for the concert in Saitama.

Jeonghan was sitting on the floor, enjoying the performance that the performance unit were showing now when Seungcheol came and poured a bottle of water onto her head. That caught her by surprise and she turned around, glaring at the giddily laughing Choi Seungcheol. Her hair were very wet and so did her shirt. The wet cloth wrapped tightly around her body and showed the slim shape of her bodyline that made the male staffs watching drooled.

"YAH, CHOI SEUNGCHEOL! YOU RED HAIRED IDIOT!" She screamed, fuming in anger and chased for the latter. Seungcheol ran away and laughed when Jeonghan was way behind him.

"Ha! You can't catch me, Yoon!" He screamed and ran backstage, earning some headshakes and embarrassed facepalms from the members. The leader seemed more like a maknae than a leader. Jeonghan frowned and about to chase for him again when she stepped over something and tripped over her own leg. Her body moved forward and Jeonghan immediately shut her eyes in fear as she waited for the impact. But it never came.

Jeonghan felt nothing except for an arm wrapping around her waist and the feeling of her being pulled back on her feet. She slowly opened her eyes and her breath hitched when Joshua's face were only a breath away from hers.

"Are you okay?" She nodded slowly as Joshua let go of her waist and grabbed her hands, helping the latter to stand on her feet. He smiled at her and let go of her hands as he crouched down. Jeonghan's eyes followed him and she blushed furiously when Joshua helped her tied her opened shoelaces, which was the reason why she almost trip at the first place.

"Thanks, Shua. I don't know what will happen to me if you weren't there." She said in gratitude and grinned. Joshua chuckled and shook his head as he dismissed it off like it was something he did everyday.

"It's okay, Hannie. Just don't be that clumsy, okay?" She nodded and he stretched out his pinky finger.

"Promise me?"

"Okay!" She said and linked their pinky together, both grinning happily as they stared at each other fondly.

"And one more thing, Han..."

"What is it?"

"Don't curse that much at Seungcheol. He's still older than you." he said cheekily as he poked her nose and patted her affectionately, walking away when one of the stage directors called him over.

Jeonghan stayed on her position and smiled bashfully as she looked at him. Her heart raced quicker than a Formula One racecar and her cheeks flushed red in shyness as she walked to the stage where five members were squealing over the Jihan interaction.


The whole rehearsal went well but it wasn't for Jeonghan's heart. Whenever she's around Joshua, she felt it was about to burst in excitement and there's always a voice in her head screamed, CONFESS AND DATE HIM, loudly. Jeonghan admitted that she liked Joshua. But she didn't really know how to confess. Call her a sappy romantic but she wanted to have a unique way to confess at her love ;)

Jeonghan was snapped back to the reality when she heard short gasps coming from the American. "Joshua?" She called. He didn't give a respond. Jeonghan soon grew worried over his condition and approached the latter. She shook his body and called for him again.

"Shua...are you okay?"

He didn't respond again and Jeonghan soon grew panicked over the American's motionless and stock-still body. She slowly placed her hands on his arm and shook Joshua again, this time, more harder.

"Hong Jisoo, I'm asking you. Are you okay?"

Her voice were growing louder in panic and she was about to call for Seungcheol when Joshua showed response. He gave a groan and a subtle shake of his head and Jeonghan never felt very relieved like this before. Slowly, she turned him around and laid him down properly as she placed his arms under the blankets gently. Jeonghan sat on the bedside and placed a hand on his forehead. She didn't need to compare it to her body temperature to know that it was a fever. Cold sweat were running down Joshua's forehead and sideburns, so she figured out that she needed to take a wet cloth for him. Did they still have the fever medicine?

-

Joshua let out a groan and slowly opened his eyes. He found himself being positioned into a proper lying position and smiled in gratitude at Jeonghan who helped him. He looked around and found the latter nowhere in the room. Neither did she was on her bed.

Joshua sat up from his position and about to search for the latter when he felt himself suddenly pushed down to the bed gently. He looked up and blinked. It was Jeonghan and their face were only centimetres away. The female let out a cough and backed away as she avoided his eyes.

"Don't get off from the bed and where the hell are you going in the middle of the night? Just rest, you have a fever." She nagged and sat on the bedside as she took the cloth on the tray. Joshua chuckled and nodded as he replied back with a nod, even if he totally knew that Jeonghan wouldn't see it.

Jeonghan sighed as she soaked the piece of clean white colored cloth into the cold tap water, squeezing the water out from the cloth before she placed it on Joshua's burning forehead. He muttered a thanks and felt very relieved once the cold damp cloth hit his forehead.

"You okay? How can you be this sick?" Jeonghan asked, her voice was full of worry as she stared at the sick guy lying on Mingyu's bed. Joshua let out a chuckle as he nodded with eyes closed.

"Maybe because of the slight drizzle during Diamond Edge." He answered, his feet shivering a little bit because of the coldness. Jeonghan who noticed it immediately stood up and about to take an extra blanket when Joshua grabbed her wrist.

"Where are you going? Don't leave me alone," he requested weakly in a breath and she felt her heart breaking at the weak cracked voice of him.

"I just want to take an extra blanket, okay? I won't go anywhere."

"Okay, be quick."

Jeonghan walked out from the room and closed the door. She made her way to the storage room and grabbed an extra blanket. She entered her room and suddenly, her heart was engulfed in sadness when she saw Joshua taking in short breaths as he lied on the bed motionless. His chest were the only thing moving. He looked so broken, frail and weak and Jeinghan suddenly felt a pang of sadness pierced through her emotional heart.

A lone tear slipped down her cheeks and Jeonghan looked down as she let go of the covers. Sobs escaped and grabbed Joshua's attention. She continued to cry and cry.

Joshua got off from his bed with all his effort and slowly got on his feet with the help of the frame of the wooden bunk bed despite Jeonghan's previous words. Jeonghan was still on her spot, crying with a hand clasped on to prevent the sobs from coming out. Neither did she noticed him.

"Hey," Jeonghan looked up as she heard a gentle voice called him and felt a warm hand wiped her wet cheeks. "Why are you crying?" He asked and chuckled as he cupped her cheeks, continuing to wipe the continuous tears that refused to stop.

Jeonghan didn't stop crying so Joshua resulted in hugging her instead. He rested his head on her chin and her shoulder length lilac hair lovingly, whispering sweet and gentle okays as he tried to calm the female down.

"I'm worried about you." He heard Jeonghan mumbled on his shoulder.

"Huh?"

"I cry because of you, idiot!" She whined loudly as she pulled her face away from his shoulder and stared at him. Joshua pointed at himself and asked, "me?"

"Yeah, I cry because of you. So why? Can't I?" Jeonghan exclaimed in anger with teary eyes and crouched down to the floor before she continued to cry again. Joshua laughed and smiled as he pulled her back up again.

"Okay, okay Hannie. Maybe it's not wrong to cry because of me. I'm flattered, I guess?" The two laughed over Joshua's silly statement. "But, just stop crying. You didn't look that good when you're crying." Joshua joked. Jeonghan looked at the taller in offense and scoffed disbelievingly.

"Are you saying I really look ugly when I'm crying?"

"Yes, you do."

"Yah, Hong Joshua!" She yelled out in anger, raising her hand to slap Joshua's arm but was stopped when she had a pillow thrown to her head by Jihoon.

"Shut up, you two! I want to sleep..." Jihoon grumbled as she covered herself with Seungcheol's starry patterned blanket and the two burst into silent laughter.

"But," Jeonghan played with her hair as she looked at everywhere except for him, "do I...really look ugly when I cry?" Joshua chuckled amusingly. The female was now looking at him curiously with her rabbit eyes and a slightly pursed lips.

"I'm just kidding, sweetheart. You don't, in fact you look very cute." He said, not noticing Jeonghan blushed because of the nickname and just smiled as he patted her head, liking at the fact that Jeonghan's a lot shorter than him.

"It's*cough**cough*"

"Oh my Lord, how can I forgot that you are sick?" Jeonghan exclaimed and put an arm around his waist as they made their way to his bed. Slowly, she placed him to the bed and laid him down gently like he was a fragile porcelain doll. The abandoned cloth that supposed to be on Joshua's forehead were picked up by Jeonghan as she washed it in the bowl of cold water. After squeezing it, she placed the damp cloth back on Joshua's forehead and covered the male with the extra blanket.

"Sleep with me tonight." Out of the blue, he requested it casually with his eyes closed as Jeonghan was caressing his hair. His words took Jeonghan off guard and she stopped caressing his hair as she looked at him, flustered as her cheeks bloomed the color red.

"W-w-what? No!"

"Why? We do it like all the time." Joshua laughed and scooted to the wall, leaving some space for the female to lay on.

"Well that was when I was still a boy!" That was left unheard by Joshua as Jeonghan hesitantly lied on the bed beside him. She whined at the lack of space as she was almost falling from the bed, causing the male to wrap an arm around her waist and pulled her closer.

"Sing for me." He requested more and Jeonghan let out a laugh. "You're so so requesting tonight, Mr. Hong?"

"And I know you'll do it, Mrs. Yoon." Jeonghan chuckled and cleared before she started to sing a random song that appeared in my head.

"Han yeoreum bame kkul.."

"Han yeoreum bame kkul.."

"So sweet. So sweet, yum."


Joshua tapped his fingers on her hand, following the rhythm and Jeonghan stopped singing as she giggled. She continued singing when Joshua showed signs of dozing off when he slowly moved his hand to her bangs, then eyes to her nose, lastly it landed to her lips.

He moved closer and Jeonghan suddenly found that he was only a breath away from her face. Why was the situation keep happening to her? Despite knowing that she'll face great disappointment, Jeonghan found herself getting her hopes high again this time.

"Good night, Yoon Jeonghan." He said and slowly placed a kiss on her forehead. Unfortunately, high hopes attract big disappointment. Poor her. But Jeonghan was still contented. A kiss on her forehead? Not really the situation she thought that'd happen, but at least it was enough. One day, she'll sure that she will confess to Joshua and got a proper kiss from him.

"Good night, Joshua Hong."

a/n: guys im so sorry because my writing isnt at its best condition. Well just look at the chapter before his ughhh. I'll try to improve it on the upcoming chapters and i cant believe some of you did really unsubscribe me :'(((((( pls do comment and subscribe ;-; again, thank you so much guys.