팔 || 여덟

Everything Went Wrong!

a/n: appreciate thissss. I spent a long time writing this chap ;-; by the way, tests has ended and I finally can update yay!

"Yah, Jeon Wonwoo! Stop!" Junhui called as the two ran into a desolate hallway of the building. Wonwoo continued to run as she turned into a corner and he lost sight of the girl. He ran around the floor to search for the girl and about to give up when he heard sobs coming from an abandoned dance practice room. The cries gave him shivers because sobs in the middle night? Just like your typical everyday horror movie. But he was certain that it was Wonwoo.

"Wonnie?" He called, entering the abandoned practice room. It was poorly illuminated but not dark. He looked around and there was she, crying her heart at the corner of the room. The floor let out some small wooden creaks as Junhui walked closer to Wonwoo. The girl didn't seem to notice or really cared for his presence as her head were buried deep into her knees. So, Junhui sat in front of her, trying to be as silent as he can be as he stared at the crying girl.

The sobs soon died down and the two stayed silent in their position. The sound of Wonwoo and Junhui's steady breath filled the silent room.

"Are you okay?" He finally asked, fidgeting on his spot uncomfortably; he didn't like the silence surrounding them. The girl didn't answer his question but he saw the subtle action of Wonwoo shaking her head. Junhui stretched out his hands to caress her hair and felt her flinched under his touch. He pulled it back quickly as if Wonwoo was some stray cat that didn't like the touch of people because it had lose trust on them. Was the same principle applied on Wonwoo? But Junhui never did something that made Wonwoo lost her trust on him.

The memory of her slapping him played in his head. Junhui was about to say something when she lifted her head up from her knees. "You are really great on giving people hopes, don't you?" Wonwoo said, her voice came out hoarse and croaky due to excessive crying. Her eyes were red and dried trails of tears were visible under her eyes. Junhui frowned in confusion, his eyebrows forming a straight line as he didn't get what was she saying. Taking it as a signal to continue, Wonwoo added.

"Do you know how much I had suffer because of that?" Junhui kept silent. What was Wonwoo saying? What did she meant by that? Those were the questions running across his mind. "I like you, Wen Junhui." Wonwoo suddenly confessed out of nowhere and Junhui had his eyes widened up in surprise. He looked around as if there was someone else named Wen Junhui around the practice room when in reality, there were no one except for them. "You're my first love and I..." Wonwoo choked on a sob as she looked at Junhui tearfully. "I think I moved on but everytime I see you with Minghao, it's hurts. It's hurts here, Jun-ah." She cried out as she lifted her hand up and pressed a finger on the center of her chest, pointing at the heart.

Junhui watched the girl confessed her long one-sided love for him. He watched the girl confessed about how guilty she was for Minghao because she liked the latter's boyfriend. He looked at the girl who kept her crush a secret because she was afraid her bestfriend's relationship will destroy because of it. Junhui gazed at her, Jeon Wonwoo, who sacrificed her own happiness for Minghao and him. She can just confess before Minghao do but seeing how both of them liked each other since eternity, Wonwoo didn't do any move as she believed that confessing will just torn the friendship they shared with each other. He stared at the broken girl who just waited restlessly for her chance to be loved.

She sniffed and about to wipe her tears when Junhui timidly passed Wonwoo a handkerchief. "Thanks." She muttered and wiped her eyes when she felt how familiar the handkerchief looked like. Wonwoo took a look. It had Jun's initials - W.JH written in English then his stage name, Jun sewn in Korean at the edge of the simple pastel blue colored cloth. The thread that was used to sew the names were light pink colored, giving the handkerchief a rose quartz and serenity feeling. (istg i am very obsessed with these colors :'D)

Wonwoo went silent when she realised the handkerchief was the present she had gifted Junhui during his birthday last year. She thought that he threw it away and didn't use it because Minghao was gifting him the same thing and hers were obviously much prettier than Wonwoo's present which was just some knit piece of cloth that she made herself.

"You kept it all along..." Wonwoo trailed off and looked up at the latter in surprise. Junhui smiled as he scooted closer, sitting beside the female. "You know, as much as I love Hao, I love you more."

"As a friend, right?"

"As a bestfriend, actually but whatever ring a bell in your head." Junhui giggled and Wonwoo laughed as she placed her chin on her knees, her eyes didn't left the piece of soft cloth in her hands. She caressed it softly with her fingers and glanced at Junhui, smiling a little bit before she stared back at the handkerchief. He took it as a sign for him to continue his words so that was what Junhui's going to do.

"There were things Minghao didn't know about me that you know." Wonwoo's eyebrows rose as she questioned, "such as?" He chuckled and rubbed his nape as he replied back,

"It was stupid." Wonwoo looked up and frowned as she gave Junhui a punch on the shoulder.

"Just say it!"

"It was the small details, okay? I feel stupid if I have to say it." He laughed, smiling sheepishly and made Wonwoo pouted in discontentedly.

"Come on, Jun! You're boring.."

"Fine, I'll tell you, okay? Just don't laugh at me." Junhui chuckled when Wonwoo brought her fingers to her lips and zipped it. "Well, you know how I want my noodles cooked, the temperature of the air conditioner so that I can sleep peacefully and there's still a lot but I like it the most when you can sense my change of feelings even without words exchanged." Junhui said and gazed at the female sitting beside him. Wonwoo let out a laugh as she leaned against the wall.

"You got to be kidding me, Junnie." Junhui grinned at the name that Wonwoo used to call him. It's been a long time since he heard she called hin with the nickname. These days, it was either Junhui or Jun and he didn't really like it, if you want him to be really honest.

"I'm not kidding though." Wonwoo chuckled as she closed her eyes and leaned her head against Junhui's shoulder. The silence came back but this time, Junhui felt more comfortable. The two were staring at nothing in particular, both enjoying each other's silent presence peacefully.

"I'm sorry, Junnie." Wonwoo apologised, smiling slightly as she lifted her head from his shoulder and looked at him. Junhui turned and when their eyes met, he questioned, "for what?"

"For slapping you. I don't know what I'm doing that time. I should have hold my feelings better. Sorry again, Jun." Wonwoo reasoned and let out a silent gasp when Junhui wrapped his arms around her. "It's fine. I'm sorry too, for not knowing that you have a crush on me and did those intimate PDA around you." Wonwoo hesitantly raised her hands as she wrapped her hands around him and gripped his shirt when Junhui snuggled his face onto her neck, his warm breath hit her bare neck.

Wonwoo slightly shuddered at the warm air blown on her neck. Her heart was racing as fast as a racecar racing in a Formula One track. Junhui, who didn't notice Wonwoo's frozen and flustered state just wrapped his arms tight around her slim waist, enjoying the hug that he initiated with the girl.

"Woonie?"

"Yes, Jun?" Wonwoo thought that she was lucky that she didn't end up being stupid by stuttering or stammering. Having Wen Junhui to hug you and had his face just a centimetre away from your neck? Even Wonwoo who thought that she had moved on found it was hard to have yourself being calm.

"You're so comfy to hug with, maybe that's why Mingyu likes you."

"Mingyu...like me?" The news had her slightly surprised. Kim Mingyu, liked her? Junhui pulled away as he stared at her in disbelief.

"Don't tell me that all this time you don't know that he likes you." Junhui said and Wonwoo's cheeks flushed red as she timidly shook her head, her eyes looking away from Junhui's intense stare.

"You got to be kididng me, Jeon.. " He muttered under his breath and Wonwoo who heard it, glared at him as she retorted back.

"Why?! Is it my fault when I got no idea that Mingyu likes me when my eyes are only on you!"

Silence took its place back.

"I...I..." Wonwoo stammered. Her cheeks heat up while Junhui had his mouth opened wide before he burst into laughter and looked at the confused Jeon Wonwoo sitting in front of him. "I can't believe you can do pick-up lines like that, Jeon." He said and to be honest, Wonwoo didn't know if that's a compliment or an insult to her.

"I can't just say that out loud, right?" She asked, mentally screaming a yes when she didn't stammer in the process. Junhui giggled and was about to reply when, "you just do!" A high pitched voice interrupted out of nowhere.

Wonwoo and Junhui let out a terrified shriek as they looked around frantically in fear. The two suddenly found themselves standing on their feet. Wonwoo turned around and accidentally slapped Junhui across his face (once again) when the boy had his face just centimetres away from hers.

"You scared me, idiot!" She shouted in a hushed voice and glared at the male who was pouting as he caressed his pained cheek. He swore if he was looking at a mirror, he'll see the faint sign of a hand on his cheek. Wonwoo clicked her tongue as she pulled his hands and caressed his cheeks instead.

"Don't do that, it will hurt just as much." She said without any particular emotion as she took a small packet of wet tissue out of the pocket of her shorts. Pulling one out, she placed the wet tissue on Junhui's cheek. She never knew if that will work but Junhui seemed to enjoy the cold sensation of the tissue.

"Sorry, once again." She breathed out as she stared at him, not noticing how their faces were just centimetres away. Wonwoo was kneeling on the floor while Junhui sat cross legged on the wooden floor. As much as Wonwoo was sorry at him, a part of her was thinking that he really deserved it because of what could be an attempted spook and since he's an impudent prick.

"It's fine." He said, smiling slightly as he gripped her hand and pulled it down. The two stared at each other and break the eye contact when a voice disturbed them.

"When are you going to stop staring at each other?" The same voice that made them terrified asked. Instead of screaming in fear, they turned to the source of the voice. Standing on the threshold was the rest of 96 liners, Kwon Soonyoung and Lee Jihoon.

"Oh, hey Soon. We are doing nothing. Absolutely nothing." Wonwoo said nonchalantly and scooted away from the Chinese male. Junhui looked away as he let out an awkward cough, looking at anywhere except for the two members standing at the threshold.

"And what you mean by nothing is staring at each other while caressing his cheek oh so affectionately?" Jihoon added and snickered in triumph when Wonwoo's cheeks turned crimson red. The fox eyed female glared at her, who just let out a laugh as she walked up to them. Coincidently, Junhui and Wonwoo were thinking the same thought.

Why does Lee Jihoon looks like the who holds the biggest secret of ours that may destroy our life?

"I want to ask something." Wonwoo and Junhui felt something weird, almost feeling like bubbling in her guts. Whatever it was, it definitely hinting them about this mysterious and suspicious vibe surrounding Lee Woozi.

"Are you probably dating each other behind our backs?" She asked and Wonwoo should knew it was the best for her to trust her guts. And so did Junhui. They should have, really because what kind of question is that?! Cheating to Minghao would be the last thing he'll do to the girl. The Chinese girl was so loving to him and breaking her trust on him was probably one of Wen Junhui's biggest nightmare.

"Jihoon!" Soonyoung exclaimed as she sat down on the floor, looking at the taller female in surprise.

"Answer me, you two." Wonwoo wanted the question to be a joke but looks like Jihoon didn't think so. She sighed as she glanced up at the standing blonde.

"Listen here, you blondie. I have a crush on him, it's true but I didn't like him anymore! I like Kim Mingyu, even if he's not exactly the type of man I'll date but trust me, that guy is like my everything." Wonwoo explained, stressing on some words to point out on how she didn't muster any feelings for the Chinese male anymore. Jihoon's mouth formed an o shape as she nodded in understatement, laughing sheepishly as she muttered a sorry. Soonyoung, on the other hand were squealing as she hugged Junhui.

"OH! My ship just become true! Mingyu and Wonwoo sitting under a tree, K-I-S-S-oomf!" She stopped when Junhui clasped a hand forcefully on .

"Difficult to stay quiet, aren't you Kwon Soonyoung?" Junhui hissed as he glared at the latter, who just giggled once he pulled his hand away.

"Listen here, I want you to give me some time with Wonwoo, okay? Bring Jihoon out of here and tell Coups hyung that maybe I'll come home late. There's something I want to talk with her and this is the most important part, don't tell Mingyu or Minghao or other members on whatever you just saw or hear at this room." He whispered in a serious tone beside her ear. Soonyoung frowned in confusion as she looked at Junhui in confusion.

"Why?"

"Just because, okay?"

"Okay, you're lucky because I owe you 150 bucks for my new cosmetics." She agreed and stood up from her position as she called for Jihoon who was pestering Wonwoo from the moment they entered the practice room after searching for the two.

"Come on, Jihoon. Coups oppa just texted me. He's calling us to the practice room now." Soonyoung was lucky because suddenly her phone rang, showing a notification from the said leader.

"How about them?" Jihoon questioned as she followed Soonyoung and looked at the orange haired female, taking slight glances at Wonwoo and Junhui who were sitting on the floor in different positions respectively.

"They want to talk for a while. Just let them have some private time, Hoon." She said, her cheerful voice turned serious and Jihoon immediately went up to catch on the girl. Junhui thought that Soonyoung was serious but changed his mind once the latter turned around and winked at him. He gotta say, he was amused at her acting.

Once he was sure that the two were already gone and wouldn't be anywhere to eavesdrop on his conversation with Wonwoo, Junhui finally started talking.

"Woonie-ah?"

"Yes, Junnie?"

"Do you really like Mingyu?" Junhui asked and looked at her with a straight face, meaning that he wouldn't accept a joke as an answer. This was a person's feelings they're talking here and Junhui wouldn't be appreciating it if he or she joked about it. He knew Wonwoo understood him.

Mingyu loved Wonwoo since eternity and Junhui knew it from the tall rapper would just gazed her lovingly and as if, Wonwoo was his only world. The members joked and said that it looked like he wanted to her or whatsoever, but they knew it's not. It just held the affection and love he had for the female, who finally showed a chance that she might will return the feelings back.

Wonwoo hesitated on her answer and remained silent. "I knew it. It's just an joke, Jeon Wonwoo." He said, having a look of dissatisfaction on his face as he stood up and walked away, only to be stop when Wonwoo spoke.

"How do you know my feelings for him is just a joke? Are you me? Are you thinking, oh I know Jeon Wonwoo so ing well that when she doesn't say anything, she's either joking or saying that she doesn't like him. Is that what you're thinking, you er?!" Wonwoo exclaimed, eyes getting a little bit teary as she looked at the standing male. She didn't know why was she at the brink of crying.

Junhui didn't turn around, but he gripped his fist tightly as he replied back. "I didn't want to offend you. I'm...just listen here, Mingyu's my dearest dongsaeng, a brother of mine and I, don't want him to have high hopes, only to find disappointment and heartbreak later."

Wonwoo scoffed disbelievingly at his answer. "If you only want to say you don't believe that I can make him happy, just straight up say it to my face, Wen. Not beating around the bush like a damn coward."

The male turned around and looked at her in surprise, feeling a little bit offended by her words. "No! Wonwoo, that wasn't what I want to say." He wanted to explain more but the latter wasn't giving a . She stood up, wiping the tears that rolled down her cheeks and chuckled. She didn't even notice that she's crying.

"Listen here," Wonwoo breathed in and out as her heart bounced rapidly against her chest in an irregular beat, "you prick." She called and Junhui was frozen on his spot as he waited for her to continue her words.

"Who are you to say that my feelings to Kim Mingyu was just a joke? Because for all I know that it was sincere. Even if I don't love him much like how he loved me, but I ain't giving a about it because I know I can learn how to love him slowly. And I know, during the process, he'll be by my side just like always, supporting me when even my bestfriend doesn't have any trust on me." She said, voice dripping with venom of sarcasm and Junhui took a breath in as he spread out his fist.

"Woonie, Mingyu faces many heartbreaks okay? Just from you alone. Just like what I say just now, I don't want him to get hurt anymore. You and I, we both know that we wanted happiness for Mingyu."

"What about me? How about my happiness? Does it NOT important too? Or does my feelings is a little bit less important that Mingyu's? Oh, and I know how much of a heartbreak I have caused him. I don't care if you're not trusting me or if you think what I said was just utter bull, I don't ing care anymore! I thought you're my best friend, Wen Junhui! And here I am thinking that you'd understand me more than Soonyoung will."

"Wonwoo, let's talk about us later. It's Mingyu we're talking about and I-"

"You're saying as if everything is revolving around him! If you love him that much, why don't you just go and date him instead of Minghao!" She exclaimed, cutting his sentence off and he watched Wonwoo storm out from the room in anger. Junhui snapped to the reality and suddenly wondered why he said that. He sighed.

He was so ed up this time.