Well, I Didn't Die...

Yellow and Green

Can you guess what happened after Yugeom sent a bludger in my direction?

I tried to dodge the bludger but that didn't turn out so well. It was going at speeds of nearly 600 mph, and Yugeom and I were in close range within one another.

The ball whipped into the side of my head with a loud crack. I spun around in the air on my broom a few times before coming to a complete stop, luckily still airborn. 

Everything was fuzzy. I knew I was miraculously still holding the quaffle. I could dimly hear Jackson yelling my name but it took me a few seconds to move again.

"I'm... I'm okay!" I yelled, even though I couldn't see much still. I knew I had a concussion. I felt like puking. I turned my broom unto the direction I thought the other team's goals might be in, but I was unsure.

I picked up speed when I made sure I was headed in the right direction. Soon, Jackson and Youngjae had gotten the drift and were on my tail. 

I looked forward. A grim-faced Jaebum sat on his broom ready to block any score attempt I made. 

With the last of my cognitive ability, I tried aiming for the goal on the far right. Jaebum moved to block it, but at the last moment, I changed my aim for the goal on the far left. Jaebum didn't make it. 

The quaffle soared through the air past Jaebum outstretched hands. Someone from the two people in the stands waz clapping. I felt embarassed. Jaebum looked at the goal, then at me. 

"Well," he said, almost smiling. "Up for another round?"

I nodded. This time I was ready. 

Jackson started out with the ball again. This time, I kept a more wary eye on Mark and Yugeom.

I easily took the ball from Jackson again. I was beggining to wonder if he was really that good. 

I got past Yugeom and Mark much easier this time. It was Jaebum I was more worried about. He was harder to trick, especially twice.

Then, I had an idea.

Instead of feigning a move or tricking, I aimed straight for Jaebum. 

He tried to grab the ball, but I had thrown it so hard and fast it hit his stomach with enough force to send him and the quaffle through the goal. It nearly knocked Jaebum of of his broom. Jaebum's eyes were wide, suprised. I smiled.

​​​​​​"Up for another round?" I asked, smirking. Jaebum looked reluctant to comply. I could see him holding his stomach gingerly.

​​​​​​"Do you... maybe want to try some other positions instead?" He asked. I knew he was scared a little. There was something about being on the quidditch pitch that made me feel powerful. Indestructible, even. Usually I would have been scared of Jaebum getting mad at me, but I wasn't. 

​​​​​​"Okay," I said. I knew I should give Jaebum a break.

Jaebum signaled for everyone to come down to the ground with his whistle. I saw him look out into the stands and mouth some words to someone as if he was in a conversation. I saw him nod at something, then he turned back to the rest of us. He whispered to Jackson for a moment before he motioned everyone into a group. I suddenly felt much more vulnerable off of my broom. My head began to ache were Yugeom had hit me.

"As we all can see," Jaebum began, "Ms. Wang here makes a good Chaser. However, I would still like to her try out some other positions," he said to Jackson. Jackson nodded. I sighed. I was getting really tired a of a sudden. I knew the concussion was getting to me.

Jaebum signaled for the start of a new game. This time, I had an elected role; seeker. I didn't know how I was going to function because I felt like puking again, but as I got in game mode I got back into the game.

Jackson and Youngjae just played around with the quaffle, once in a while dodging a bludger that Mark would, out of boredom, hit at Jackson. I knew Mark didn't want to hit me so he didn't participate. Yugeom, however, was very into this game. He looked like he wanted to finish what he started. Bambam was happy to be more involved in the game. The snitch was nowhere to be found.

Instead of finding the snitch, much of my time was spent dodging bludgers that Yugeom sent my way. Let me tell you, that was hard, because for some reason my brain is hard-wired to smack everything out of my way or anything coming in my direction. It wasn't until I saw Bambam pull a sharp dive that I knew where the snitch was. I raced in his direction, quickly catching up with him. He grinned at me as we raced side by side to catch the fluttering little golden ball that zipped around almost as fast as the bludgers. 

Well, a long story short, I failed. I ended up rolling through the sand, Bambam laughing obnoxiously.

When we regrouped, Jaebum had another silent conversation with someone in the stands, then nodded again and turned back to us.

"Change of teams. I will be on Izara's team as keeper. Everyone else will remain in their positions, but this time, Izara, take a bat. You'll be a beater," Jaebum said. I looked at the foreign object in the chest that held the balls. I had never touched a bat before. I knew it wouldn't end well, but I grabbed it anyways and was up in the air.

This time, it was the others avoiding me and not the other way around. I grasped the bat in my right hand, ready for any oncoming bludger.

Then, one came for me, sent by Mark.