Awkwardness Galore.

Yellow and Green

When I woke up, it wasn't night anymore. I thought it was morning, and I almost forgot about all of the events the night prior. I remembered waking up and thinking the dungeons had been redecorated with white instead of silver and green, but the room I was in was too big to be our dorms.

I realized that I was in the hospital wing. I had finally broken my near four-year streak of never having to go there.

I blinked a bit, then squirmed around in an attempt to get up. The bedsheets were so well tucked in that it was very difficult. I didn't expect to see someone else in my bed, and I certainly didn't expect them to be a guy.

All I remember is a loud shriek as I smacked the person out of my bed, which was an amazing feat, considering the state of the bedsheets. I didn't know whether it was me who had shrieked or the guy. There was a muffled scream as he fell down, still covered in sheets and flailing around. I was a little panicked, and was ready to pound the guy when I realized who it was.

Tall, lanky arms and legs were poking out of the sheets, and some strawberry blonde hair was visible. I knew it wasn't Youngjae because the guy in the bedsheets was too skinny.

I heard people laughing behind me, so I looked to see Jackson howling with laughter, Yugeom holding in some guffaws in his sleeve, Mark, Jaebum and Jinyoung grinning, and Youngjae smiling so angel-like and sweetly that I couldn't feel mad anymore. Then, I saw Miriam dying of giggles off to the side, and my anger returned. I faced the figure in the bedsheets. I could tell they were laughing just as hard as everyone else, and that their laughter was just muffled from the sheets.

"Get up, Kunpimook." I used Bambam's real name to let him know he was gonna get pummled.

Bambam scrambled up out of the sheets, laughing, although he looked a little worried for his safety. I would be to if I were him.

I turned to Jackson.

"So, who's marvelous idea was it to prank me?" Everyone pointed to either Jackson, Miriam or Bambam.

Jackson was my first target. He had no chance.

My hands were around Jackson's neck faster than anyone could say 'quidditch'. It took all the strength in Jaebum and Jinyoung to get my hands off of Jackson's throat, which took a good while. Miriam retreated to a corner, still laughing but muffling her laughter with a sleeve. Bambam was last to react. He stood there for a bit, laughing at Jackson's and Miriam's reactions, but when I turned to him with murder in my eyes, he screamed like a little girl and ran down the hallway.

"No running in the hospital wing!" Croaked a very old lady in an ancient nurse's uniform, who had just popped out of the other end of the hall. Everyone started laughing at Bambam who timidly fast-walked back to my bed. We all quieted as the old lady approached.

"This is the first and only time I've seen you, Ms. Wang, here," she said. I nodded.

"Let's keep it that way, shall we? These folks," she gestered to Jackson and his friends, "are always getting into trouble. I remember Harry Potter was the same, but trouble seemed to come to him, rather than he go looking for it," she continued, then glared at the group. Jackson, Youngjae, Jaebum and Jinyoung grinned sheepishly, but Bambam looked terrified. Yugeom and Mark looked just as unconcerned as ever.

Then, the old lady turned to Miriam.

"You had one bloody nose, I think. During your first year, correct?" she asked. Miriam nodded. I wistfully wished I had memory like that.

"Yes, Madam Pomfry." 

"See to it you do not get another."

"Yes, Madam Pomfry." Madam Pomfry, looking quite satisfied with Miriam's answer, turned to the rest of us.

"Now. Where were we? Ah, yes," she said, and walked closer to me.

"Ms. Wang here had two major brain hemorrhages within a span of half an hour. Of course, any one with any common sense," she looked down her nose at me, "would have known to not continue playing an active sport that could create possible further damage. As a result of a few charms, she will be fine, but I reccomend rest." I grinned sheepishly. I had known I had a concussion and I still didn't do anything.

 After a marvelous amount of nagging from Madam Pomfry Jackson managed to convince her I could leave.

It was really embarassing trying to get up. I kept wobbling and fell into Mark, sending us both onto the floor, just when I first tried to stand. He didn't seem to be too mad, but I still felt bad and apologized a lot. Jackson just kept laughing; everytime I tripped he would have to stop and hold his stomach. Miriam seemed a little more apologetic and only giggled a little bit once in a while.

I got out of the hospital wing as fast as my legs could get me out the two monstrous wing doors. I had only been to the hospital wing when Jackson got pummled in Quidditch, but that was very often, so I unfortunately knew the area pretty well. I was down a flight of stairs before I stopped and waited a bit for the others.

The others were close behind. I could feel the awkwardness oozing out of them from behind, I knew they probably didn't want to be there. I turned around and faced Jackson.

"What time is it?" Jackson shrugged. I got a little mad and my forehead scrunched. 

"Lunch," Mark offered, much more helpful than my brother.

"Thank you," I said, then ran down the stairs. A wave of fear was crashing down on me; I was about to miss my favorite meal of the day.

Lunch is one of the best times of day. It gives you a feeling of accomplishment for finishing your first few classes, but gives you a break and gives you hope that you can get something done during the rest of the day.

I thought of the treacle tart and molasses syrup as I sprinted down the stairs. I dimly heard Jackson screaming at me to slow down, but I was mad at him for just generally being a jerk during the first few minutes I had been awake.

the combination of sprinting down stairs, being distracted by food, and my wobbly post-concussion legs definitely didn't do much good for my fate as I tripped on my robes and caught some good air.

I'll admit I want my best at the moment, and the combination of being angry, hungry and tired made me scream out a few yards of sentences containing words beginning with f's, s's and a's. I was also really pissed I was gonna have to go back to the hospital wing.

Let's just say I didn't want to hit the ground.