Day II in Hell, Part III.

Yellow and Green

Next was a free period, so of course, Miriam and I went to see our siblings.

Usually different years didn't share the same breaks, but we had a rare exception this year, and because our siblings were older, they had more free periods.

We had been barred out of the Gryffindor commons bearing the password that Jackson had told me the day before. I new it was subject to change, but I hadn't expected it to change so fast. It was only the second day. We sat there, hoping someone would come and open the door for us for a good twenty minutes until a group of people came down the stairs. 

We heard them first by their loud, carrying conversation. I recognised a few voices.

They were all older than us. Two were in Ravenclaw, one was from Hufflepuff, and the other three were in Gryffindor. I immediatly reccognised them as Jackson's friends.

I didn't want to be embarassed and have to ask them to open it for us, so I turned to leave but Miriam stopped me. My pride wouldn't allow us to be caught password-less, so I dragged Miriam with me to hide behind another staircase. My plan was to follow them in once they said the password.

"Why are we hiding-" Miriam started, but I slapped a hand over and glared.

"I won't be embarassed and let them know we don't know the password... I also am embarassed of my brother, who they-" I hissed, and gestured to the boys still walking down the stairs, "are unfortunate friends of." Miriam nodded in understanding.

"It's just-" she started saying, with full volume, but I shushed her again.

"It's just," she continued glaring at me, but said quieter," one of them is my brother."

I stared at her, wide-eyed.

"Which one."

"The one with black hair, in Gryffindor. Not the tallest one," Miriam said, and I immediatly recognised him as Jaebum.

"Your brother is Jaebum." Miriam nodded.

"Yes." I inwardly groaned. Jaebum was freaking scary. Jaebum, Yugeom, and Jinyoung all scared me a little. If you remember, I breifly mentioned Jaebum earlier. Within Jackson's circle of friends, I only knew a few; Jaebum, Yugeom, and Jinyoung. I really only knew their names, and though Jaebum had spoken to me, I hadn't spoken to any of them directly, until the mishap in Defense Against the Dark Arts with Yugeom. But I don't think that really counts.

I noticed the group was getting close to the Fat Lady, keeper of the password and door to the Gryffindor commons. I sprang up with Miriam, then made an attempt to look like we were just coming from another direction, then approached the group.

While turning to talk to another member I didn't know, Jaebum saw us and stopped.

"Miriam!" he called, then saw me. I almost saw his expression darken. I knew he didn't like me.

"And... Izara, right?" I nodded. The rest of the group turned to look at us.

"Oh. Miriam, you're Jaebum's sister, right? And Izara, you're Jackson's sister," Jinyoung noticed. Miriam and I nodded.

"Yeah," I said. My voice sounded creaky and unused, like a rusty wrench. I cleared my throat and looked away, embarassed. 

Jaebum nodded and moved his way towards us. Miriam turned to me, grinning.

"It seems you two already know each other. Saves me the introductions," she said, then turned to Jaebum, who was at her side then.

Yugeom muttered the password and the Fat Lady swung open. It was only now that I noticed he had been glaring at me. It was probably because of earlier that day. Everyone but Jaebum and Jinyoung had known who we were and judging by his face, Yugeom hadn't known I was Jackson's sister either. I guess it pissed him off that the sister of the worst student in the school was actually better than him at repeling the Imperius Curse.

We walked into the Gryffindor commons in awkward silence, a much different scenario had they not seen us and continued being rambunctious. Miriam was clinging to Jaebum's arm, looking like a clingy girlfriend. Jaebum also looked like the boyfriend of a clingy girlfriend. He looked bothered. In the commons, the boys all sat down. I noticed a few people looking at my green lined Slytherin robes questioningly. I knew Slytherin had a bad rep, but they didn't have to so openly glare at me.

Miriam and I sat down near the group, Miriam still clinging to her brother who was now trying to shake her off. One of them, who was tall and more cute than handsome, was trying to make small talk with Jinyoung; making the atmosphere more light. I sat there and stared at the fire accross from us until Jackson came down the stairs from his dorms.

"Took your time," I grumbled as Jackson approached. He laughed and sat by me on the opposite side of Miriam before ruffling my hair up. I glared at him and he just grinned at me.

"Someone's in a good mood today," he joked, and my glare deepened into a scowl. Miriam turned her attention away from Jaebum to us.

"Wow, Iza, you sure are a ray of sunshine," she said, and I glared at her. I knew I wasn't making a great first impression as a Slytherin to some of the guys, but I couldn't help it.

The guy who was talking to Jinyoung turned and smiled at me. I smiled back immediatly. He smiled again and turned away to continue his conversation. I turned back to Jackson, but for some reason I was no longer pissed. Jackson was looking at me really weirdly.

"Iza, are you friends with Youngjae?" He questioned.

"Youngjae? Who's Youngjae? I wouldn't know, you've never introduced me to your friends," I shot at him. His eyes widened.

"I never introduced you?" he exclaimed, then ran over to the other guys and dragged them over to Miriam and me, one by one. Yugeom looked pissed while another I didn't know looked a little mad, but he didn't seem too bothered.

Jackson gestured to each one. "This one's Yugeom." 

"I know," I said. "He's in some of my classes." Jackson rolled his eyes.

"Well, I didn't know," Miriam said. 

"Thank you, ummm... "Jackson trailed off.

"Miriam."

"Thanks, Miriam. This one is Mark," he said, gesturing to a shorter one that had looked only a little mad earlier. 

"This one is Kunpimook but we call him Bambam." Jackson pointed to a taller, much skinnier guy. He was grinning wildly. I caught a side glimpse of Miriam taking sneak peaks at him, but when I looked fully she was looking back at me.

"You can call me Dabdab," he said. Jackson laughed and Jinyoung and Jaebum both groaned in unision.

Jackson moved on to the next person, the one who had smiled at me earlier. He waved shyly at me, and I waved back, smiling. Jackson looked at me weirdly again before speaking.

"And... this, this is Youngjae. He's a fifth year, I'm sure you wanted to know," Jackson said and winked. I rolled my eyes but I could feel my face heating up.

"You know Jinyoung and Jaebum, sooo..." Jackson trailed off. I nodded. I looked at Miriam.

"Did you know any of them before?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Jaebum introduced them to me before," she said, smiling. I could feel a dark aura surrounding me. I glared at Jackson.

"And who didn't think to introduce his friends to me sooner?" I spoke with a dark voice, letting Jackson know that he was going to get it later.

"Haha." Jackson's laugh was humorless. "Um, can we talk this out later?" I continued to glare at him, but said "fine". I folded my arms and glared at the fire instead. Bambam, or Dabdab, was laughing along with Yugeom (who I din't think had the capacity to feel joy) and Youngjae. I listened to Youngjae's laugh. It was really sweet, even if it was a bit abrupt, but that made it cooler. I felt the glare dissapearing from my face, but I continued to act angry with Jackson. 

Miriam and I stepped away a bit from the guys to talk about girl stuff for a bit, giving the guys some time to talk on their own. I didn't feel very invested in the conversation, though. I watched Jackson playfully hit Youngjae repeatedly and wondered why he was doing that. What had Youngjae said to make Jaebum laugh? I didn't think Jaebum had the capacity to laugh. I wished that I could be in their friend group, and know the same secrets they did. I didn't realize I was staring until Miriam grabbed my face and brought me back to reality.

"You like one of them," she stated.

"No-" I protested, but she interrupted.

"-Yes, you do,"she said. I sighed.

"Okay. But I don't full-on like one of them yet. One of them is just... very... I dunno," I said, and glared at the fire. Miriam grinned evilly.

"You looooove him," she sang, and I felt my face heating up.

"No, I don't," I said, glaring through my blush. "One of them is just really nice and nice looking."

"Uh huh." I could tell she wasn't convinced. 

"Fine. What if I do? I noticed you had the hots for 'Dabdab'," I mocked, imitating Bambam's words and his dabbing motion. Miriam squealed and kicked her legs up in a defensive position.

"Hahaha. You soooo do," I said, teasing her. 

"You know what?" I asked, edging closer. 

"What?" Miriam asked, decreasing the distance between us as well.

"I bet," I said, whispering,"That..."

"That WHAT?" she asked. I grinned evily, then whispered; "I bet that he dabs every morning when he wakes up."

Miriam shoved a pillow in my face and squealed again in protest.

"How could you?" she said, and I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

"You just ruined my image of him," Miriam whimpered, then stopped.

"No. Actually, I find memes very attractive," she stated, and I started laughing harder.

I knew that tonight was going to be fun.