Concussions Are Fun.

Yellow and Green

The rest of the classes for the day remained uneventful and friendless, much like the previous few years had. That was fortunate for me as I was tired from too much human interaction.

I walked onto the Quidditch feild. It was dark outside, but the feild was lit with magical orbs of light. However, instead of a lone figure holding two brooms in the feild, there was a cluster of people.

Unfortunately, Jackson had invited a few other friends and someone else to our Quidditch practice.

As I approached, I recognised a few people lit dimly with the magical orbs. Of course, I grumbled in my mind. It's not like Jackson could light the practice feild himself. He at everything but Quidditch. There stood Jackson with two brooms, Yugeom, Jaebum, Youngjae, Bambam, and Mark with singular brooms, and two people in the stands I couldn't see. Youngjae smiled at me excited, but my returning smile was less eager. Yugeom was smirking. Jaebum had his resting angry face, Mark looked bored but was smiling, and Bambam looked a little excited. At everyone's feet sat a box. I recognised it as the box from our first year; the case that the Quidditch balls were kept in. The bludgers, quaffle, and snitch all lived inside.

I grudgingly walked to the middle of the feild. I had tried to fly before, but that was four years ago during my first year at Hogwarts. I had been good at it but I hadn't thought to try Quidditch. What I wasn't ready for was to make a fool of myself in front of other people.

I walked up to Jackson. He handed me a broom. It was nice, I'll admit, but I knew his money would be wasted on me.

"So," I said, "I see you fancied a party." Jackson just smiled evilly.

"Just so I know you'll really try this time," he smiled. I nodded solemnly.

"Well," I muttered. "We best get started." Jaebum nodded. I had forgotten, but Jaebum was the Gryffindor team captain, a goalie (Or keeper. Whatever. I had played football in Japan). Jackson was a chaser for Gryffindor, Yugeom was a beater for Gryffindor while Mark was a beater for Ravenclaw, and Youngjae and Bambam were seekers for their respective teams (Hufflepuff and Gryffindor). Jinyoung, who seemed absent, did not play as he did not like the sport. Jackson had always told me that he at it and just refused to play.

The group were some of the best players in the school, and they were standing on the feild in front of me.

Jaebum took charge.

"Alright. We are going to make two teams. Sorry Youngjae, but on one team, Jackson and Youngjae will be chasers. Yugeom and Mark will be beaters. Bambam will be a seeker. On the opposite team, we will have Izara play whatever comes to mind," Jaebum said. I let that sink in. It didn't sound very favoring on my team, me being the only member. Jaebum tossed two bats to Yugeom and Mark. Yugeom had a look on his face I did not like.

"Um-" I started, but Jaebum interrupted.

"-We'll just have you play whatever comes to mind. Try out all of the positions. Don't worry about points, unless you want to try keeper. Feel free to switch positions whenever." I stood there reeling from the information as everyone else mounted their brooms. Jaebum pulled out a whistle and snapped the case with the game balls in it open.

"On the count of three," he said. "One, two-" Youngjae nudged me and pointed at my broom. I hurriedly complied.

"Three." Jaebum blew the whiste as he unlatched all of the balls at once. Suddenly, everyone was in the air. Including me.

Yugeom had an evil glint in his eye. I knew to steer clear of him once he got his hands on a bludger. 

I raced up a little. Jackson had the quaffle, Youngjae following close behind to protect it's possesion. Without thinking, I raced towards Jackson on my broom with lightning speed. He seemed too ready, like he knew I was going to go for him first. I knocked into him. I was pretty sure knocking into each other was alowed, so I did that repeatedly until I slammed into Jackson so hard he was gasping for air and hanging from his broom, the quaffle falling out of the air. I looked back at Youngjae, who seemed reluctant to proceed. I dived towards the quaffle, barely grasping it before pulling up and sharply taking a turn away from Jackson and Youngjae. Unfortunately, that turn was directly into Yugeom and Mark. 

Mark looked grim as he raised his bat to conduct an oncoming bludger towards me, but Yugeom beat him to it. A single whack of his bat sent a bludger straight at me.

I was nearly frozen in mid-air as it came hurtling towards me at speeds I couldn't fathom.