Not So Hellish Anymore.

Yellow and Green

latest?cb=20170109003508

 

 

After another short giggling session with Miriam (we chatted about life, Miriam teasing me about Yougnaje) it was time to go to class again. 

I would like to say the walk to Charms didn't reflect the previous conversation, but it was pretty close. Youngjae and I walked about two feet apart, an awkward distance.

We did talk, though. We talked about our favorite classes, and what we liked to do. Most of it was pretty standard. What are favorite brands of ink were, what our favorite charms were. However, there was one question that caught me by surprise.

"What animal is your patronus? I mean, if you can cast a corporeal patronus," Youngjae asked. I froze. I had never tried a Patronus charm, and to be honest, I had forgotten what it was for. Luckily, I was saved when Youngjae remembered that we were supposed to learn it in Fourth year, and that I hadn't learned it prior because I skipped that year.

"What's your patronus?" I asked.

"My patronus is quite embarassing, really," he said, and looked away. "Jackson says it's very becoming of me, though."

"Aw. Is it cute?" I immediatly regretted saying that when he looked at the ceiling, blushing.

"Yes," he said. "Can you try to guess what it is?" he inquired. I was up for the challenge.

"Alright. Guinea Pig?" I asked. Youngjae shook his head.

"That's too cute," he said, but I didn't agree.

"Think water," he continued. I nodded.

"Okay. Ummm... a seal would be cute, right?" Youngjae nodded but said "close but not quite."

"Dolophin," I said.

"It's closer to a seal."

"Turtle."

"How is that closer to a seal?" Youngjae asked, incredilously. I laughed.

"Not a whale..." I muttered and Youngjae groaned.

"Do I look like a whale to you?" he asked I shook my head.

"No," I said. "You look like an otter. AN OTTER! That's it, right?" Youngjae was laughing and nodding.

"Yeah. I have an otter," he said. I squealed.

"That's adorable!" Youngaje just sighed and shook his head.

"But embarassing," he added. I nodded.

"I can see how it could be embarassing. Otters are cute, friendly, playful-" Youngjae stopped me. I could tell he was really embarassed.

"Okay. That's enough. I bet your patronus will be twice as embarassing, though," he said, grinning. I rolled my eyes

"I don't think so," I said, playfully. "I think mine will be big and ferocious, like a lion!" Youngjae started laughing uncontrollably, which made me start laughing too. After a while, a proffessor even stopped us in the hallway and told us to be quieter.

Youngjae and I were laughing really hard when we entered the classroom, but we said our goodbyes and shifted away from each other, still giggling.

To save us from further awkwardness I sat some ways away from him in class. I was a strong believer in not spending too much time with someone you had just met.

Charms was more boring than usual, but at the very thought of an otter or other sea animal, I nearly started laughing again. It took all I had to keep it in sometimes, which included using many tears and drawing blood from my tongue.

At the end of class, Youngjae caught my hand as I walked out the door.

"Um, hey. If you want to learn the patronus charm, maybe I could show you sometime? I really want to find out what your animal is," He asked. I smiled.

"Sure," I said. "I would be glad to show you how terrifying my charm is." He laughed.

"Okay. Just think up some of your happiest memories before we meet, because those are vital to the charm," Younjae said. Then, he ran off grinning. I smiled at his back ruefully. He was so much taller than I was, and that made some things harder. Like dancing. I loved to dance, but I hoped I wouldn't have to be dancing with Youngjae any time soon. I meant, Youngaje was amazing and cute and great, but I didn't want to have to slow dance with a telephone pole.

Now that I think about it, I thought, Jackson is pretty tall too, even though he's kind of short in his friend group. I realized that I was pretty short. Sure, I was 5'3, but that was very short compared to Jackson's friends. I wondered how that had happened.

As I walked down the hallway to my next class, and owl soared through the hallway. I recognised it as Jackson's tawny owl, but I also knew that owls weren't allowed in the corridors until lunch, which was when they delivered letters. I rolled my eyes as Jacksons owl took a skydive straight for me. Well, I thought, I don't want to be covered in feathers for the rest of the day so... right as the owl was about to dive-bomb me, I stepped to the side. Instead of hitting another student violently, the owl spread it's wings at the last moment and fluttered towards me, lightly landing on my shoulder. Jackson's owl was kind of stupid, just like Jackson, and had been known to run into the people it was delivering messages to, so I had to side-step it once in a while if Jackson wanted to talk.

I grabbed the letter hanging from the owl and opened the cream folder. The folder unfolded itself after I undid the wax seal and opened for me to read.

Iza, it read; It's me, Jackson!

No duh, I thought, but continued.

So, you know how I'm on the Gryffindor Quidditch team? it continued. I nodded absentmindedly as I read. 

I know that you aren't on a team, but I want you to learn how to play Quidditch. Haha. Fat chance, I thought.

I know you don't want to play a "Stupid game that gives you concussions and makes you dumber". Yes, I quoted you, it said. I groaned inwardly.

But I want you to try. I bought you a reeeaaally nice broom. There, he had inserted a moving magical broom emoji with sparkling glitter. I rolled my eyes. Great. He had spent money on me. Now I had to do what he asked. I groaned again.

So, meet me tonight after hours on the feild. See you! XOXO JACKSON

I crumbled the letter into a ball and chucked it.

Apparently, I was going to learn how to play Quidditch.