Food (Continued)

Yellow and Green

   As I studied dutifully my textbook, something round and crinkly dropped into the open pages. I jumped a bit, surprised. Why was there a wrapped gigantic chocolate-chip muffin in my textbook? I sat frozen for a bit as I tried to figure out where it had come from. The ominous sound of the wrapper crinkling had traveled through the silent room, and I saw a few heads turn breifly before people went back to work. I looked around for signs if anyone had thrown it at me. As I turned to my side, I saw Bambam staring wide-eyed at Yugyeom, and Yugyeom was staring at me. Bingo.

 

   "What are you staring at?" I hissed sharply at Yugyeom, but he shook his head.

 

   "You," he whispered. I felt hot. He had definitely not meant that to sound mean. His voice sounded oddly nice, it was weird. I didn't like it. Bambam was staring at both of us now. I turned back at the muffin.

 

   "The muffin..." I muttered, under my breath. I had my suspicions, but they seemed highly illikely.

 

   "You're welcome. I heard your stomach rumbling earlier," Yugeom whispered, quieter than before. I was startled. I wanted to say what the hell but I knew it would come out louder than I wanted it to, and that Yugyeom might get offended. 

 

   "Why? No, where did you get this? It's huge!" I asked. I had never seen a muffin so big. He looked away at his textbook.

 

   "My dad sent it to me. It's from a muggle store called Costco," he said. I almost heard him say "It's my favorite", but I wasn't sure.

 

  "Do you have muggle parents?" I asked, but he shook his head.

 

  "Not technically..." He didn't continue. I stared him down but he seemed oddly evasive.

 

  "Okay, whatever you feel like," I muttered, and turned back to what I had certainly forgot I was supposed to do. I stared at my textbook until I caught Yugeom smirking at my dilemma. Just as I threw back my hand to smack his shoulder, he whispered "page 45" before turning back to his own textbook.

 

Luckily, I actually got through my work and beyond, catching up to what I usually got done in class. It seemed my new influx of friends was affecting my school work. I just hoped it might result in a good outcome.

 

  I practically shoved that muffin down my throat. I love chocolate.