Chapter 9

ZENO Chronicles

I was in a daze walking all the way to the cafeteria, me, Zeno Dirango was carrying an illegal Sim card, an ancient book about how to make phones and I was a cyborg immnune to Lunare manipulation and Rothian. What else was left to pile onto my secrets.

There you are, where have you been? I was about to murder Abey if you were any minute longer late said Zoey.

Why what is wrong, I asked as I sat down?

It is an emergency, the vending machine that stores the water and coolers is broken. I am so thirst I could die said Abbey.

I have gone weeks without water, you will survive I said with confidence.

That got Zoey in stitches.that is exactly what I said.

Wait is that why there are teachers grouped at the Princes table? I asked glancing in their direction.

Apparently, word got out to the king that the school had no drinking water for today, the teachers are over there trying to make sure the Prince is ok or else they will lose their jobs. Honestly, I do not know what the fuss is about, even the Prince looks rather amused than annoyed said Zoey.

 

Wait here, I said getting up.

Where are you going, get back here?! Shouted Zoey.

I asked one of the teachers were the tool cabinet was and they directed me to the pantry next to the hallway. I was on my knees sorting out my tools when I felt someone standing in front of me.

Miss Dirango what do you think you are doing?

I looked up only to find Mrs Feyer folding her arms giving me her famous look.

I figured the vending machine is already damaged, I cannot do more damage than this can I Mrs Feyer?

Go on then, Mrs Feyer said snorting at me whilst walking away.

I touched the vending machine with my left hand.

Talk to me, what happened to you?

Well I was minding my own business as usual when a bunch of rowdy lads decided to test their sense of touch on me. They dared each other to freeze all the bottles of water can you believe it! Anyway, liquid spilled onto my fan and it was frozen. Now everything is jammed.

Ok vending machine where is your fan? My name is Zeno by the way.

Back in the day they called me cool aid, I liked that name. It`s on my left side be careful with my body.

I took a lock nut ranch and started working on the screws. I was concentrating so hard on what I was doing I did notrealise the whole cafeteria was now quiet and looking at me. I managed to undo the frozen machine like cool aid had said.

Could someone with heat specialty lend me a hand, I asked holding up the frozen fan to the air?

Here, A brown haired Lunare boy came forward and held the fan. The ice had melted within seconds and I shook off the remaining water droplets before knotting back the fan and the left side of cool aid. I switched on the switch and like the clock work the bottles of water and cooler started moving.

Everyone was on their feet clapping walking towards cool aid. I quickly grabbed the tools and three bottles of cooler and boulted out of there.

Abey was looking at me with sparkling eyes when I went back to my table.

Well, well, well, Miss mechanic look at you getting your shine said Zoey.

Shut up Zoey, I said grabbing my bags since the bell had rang.

Zen are you going home tomorrow asked Abbey?

Why would I be going home?

Do not tell me you forgot about your weekend off, only you Zeno. Zoey said shaking her head.

Well see you when we come back then I said walking towards the doorway.

I was just about to get out of the cafeteria whsaid  horde of female Lunares cornered me.

We saw what you did with that vending machine, we were wondering if you could please fix our hairdryers and port screens they said handing me a full basket. You will not do it for free of cause will pay you whatever you want.

Ok then, they will be ready later tonight, meet me at the cafeteria at 8:00pm. Can I get your port screen iDCOMM`s so that I message you?

I walked out of the cafeteria with my head throbbing, what had I gotten myself into?