Chapter 6

ZENO Chronicles

The hallway was bustling with activity and a lot of noise when I stepped out. I joined the queue of what seemed to be nine people.

Gory here is our tenth missing person said a girl that had a badge written Dorm Captain.

You must be Zeno, here put on your name tag, they are temporary until you get a new barcode on your wrist.

The rest of you follow me said the dorm captain.

No one uttered a word as we moved in a single line and entered a cathedral. Sits were filled with students and teachers. Other doorways were opened letting in other freshman I assumed were from the other houses. The senior students started banging on tables and whistling at our arrival. I was glad I was not the only one who was nervous, one freshman from the houses tripped and fell flat on their floor. The whole cathedral noise intensified with laughter. I beat myself up for having twitching lips but funny was funny.

Silence!

I felt a sensation crawling through my skin as if my whole body was telling my brain to be still. The sensation lasted only for seconds and I whipped my head to ask if I was the only one who had felt that. What I saw next horrified me the whole cathedral stood still, you could hear a needle drop. I silently copied everyone`s posture, their hands were placed in an attention posture. Everyone was still breathing and they knew what was going on but it is as if they did not know that their bodies were still.

I am headmaster Lendevil, to the returning students welcome to yet another year. To the freshman you have worked hard to get into this school congratulations!

Oh, sorry at ease said the headmaster chuckling.

The whole room was filled with applause as soon as they were released, the whole thing was so surreal to me.

You may be sit.

There are a few house rules I need to address. The rules for graduation have changed your, anyone can graduate if they get excellent results with their practicals and written test regardless of what form they are. The forest on the East wing is off limits to students. Lastly, this year, we are to be joined by Prince Lee Joon gi the next heir to the throne of Luna. I expect excellent behaviour from all the pupils especially you ladies, we are lucky to be graced by Royalty this year.

Giddiness erupted from all the females as Prince Lee Joon gi stepped onto the podium.

Name: Lee Joon gi

Status: Not infected, Prince Riccardo Lee Joon gi heir of  the Luna throne, engaged to Rovania Kim Eun daughter of Mesiezh cabinet official of Luna.

Age: 22

Specialty: Sight and smell manipulation, the only Lunare that could manipulate more than one human sense.

The prince had a presence to him, one that spoke to years of spoiled life and arrogance. He knew what he was doing when he slowly strode to his sit and adjusted his tie. He has black defined eyebrows that matched his jawline and piercing black eyes that had every girl in my row swooning.

I would give anything in the world to jump him, said the girl that was next to me. I am Zoey by the way. How do you do? She said holding up her hand for a handshake.

Ouch, I said rubbing my hands on my lap.

Sorry I have not learned to control my strength its the Zaives curse.

I chuckled before I replied. My name is Zeno nice to meet you, I am Evoiry.

Oh, really your hair did not give you away, Zoey said giggling.

Right, I forgot the Evoiry were blessed with red hair.

Lucky for you my friend you have pixie short red hair.

Have I said something to offend you? Asked Zoey.

No, it is just that I have never had a friend before.

Zoey looked at me with sparkling eyes and said I had gained two friends today. As if on cue a lovely blue- eyed Luna with brown curly hair came and sat next to us.

Can you believe it the seniors have already hogged the refreshments!

Zeno, I will like you to meet Abey the girl who has all her tastes bud heightened.

Correction, the girl who is forever hungry. Hello, nice to meet you Abey said as she reached out to grab my hand.

What do your schedules look like? Asked Zoey.

We all had the same homeroom and cafeteria break slot other than that our schedules were completely different.

So, what do you think is the real reason Prince Lee Joon gi is attending school? Asked Zoey.

Is it not because his has to learn proper antique to dine his bride that he is meant to choose this year. That is why the seniors are retouching their make-up as we speak said Abbey.

I overheard a conversation yesterday between my dad and some guard. The Helmerites have decided to raise another human biological army it is believed they have the antidote for Roth said Zoey in hashed tones.

My jaw hit rock-bottom at that information.

Zoey, you will get us arrested if anyone hears you talking about the Helmerites! scolded Abey.