Chapter 8

ZENO Chronicles

 

That is because I have not, chicken is hard to find in Evoiry and if you do find it will cost you 600 zeV`s  I said gulping down my food.

Wow, I did not know I had it this good said Zoey.

Oh right, I wanted to ask a hypothetical question. What would you think when you heard that the King killed the only lead you had for finding the cure for Rothian? I asked.

That does not make sense, he is the King, shouldn’t he be the one fighting to get the cure? Asked Abbey.

Exactly it does not make sense at all I said to myself.

There was suddenly a stampede of girls at the cafeteria doorway. What is going on now? I asked shoving the last piece of chicken into my mouth.

The Prince has gotten himself fangirls as you can see, brace yourself this is a site you should get used to, senior Lunares are dying to get married to the prince. That would mean graduation immediately said Zoey.

I get the seniors but what about the freshman and juniors? I asked.

Again, graduation immediately said Zoey

Two weeks went by with nothing exciting happening, except for the day when a Lunare female was found in the Princes`s apartment. It had Zoey in stitches, I  still catch her laughing at odd times when she thinks I am not looking.

 

So far, the classes I enjoy are the skills class, the battle combat class with cool weapons to choose from and the defense against manipulation class.  That class makes me nervous, lucky for me it is only once a week. In skills class Mr Zakes told me that most mechanics could hold a device and try to figure out how to fix it without breaking a sweat. What I did not want to tell Mr Zakes was that I could just talk to the device and ask what was wrong with it. Yesterday I finally got the courage to ask him about the Sim card that I found it Niko. He looked taken aback and ask me to meet him in his office.

 Miss Zeno come in and close the door he said in a grave voice I almost feared for my life.

Now, I do not know were you found that Sim Card, but I to tell you about it.

He said Sim cards were used by our ancestors when the world still had seven continents. The Sim cards were used as communication devices. They could be used to send direct messages, as global positioning systems and to make direct phone calls. The androids only came later before they were discontinued. The Sim cards worked only when they were placed in devices called cellular phones or telephones.

Are you still with me? Mr Zakes said as he sat in his chair.

I could only manage a nod before he continued.

Phones were extinct by the time androids were made, but a few were still in operation. Only the government officials were allowed to have them. When Rothian broke out in 2030 there were wars behind closed doors for the remaining phones. They served to notify the government officials if the disease had struck an area or not.

Zeno this is a very important matter, you have to find out what  kind of information this Sim card has. I have a feeling its of dyer importance.

Let`s say I decide to find out what the Sim card has, where will I find a phone?

You will make one, with this Mr Zakes said pointing at the ancient old book on the table. It is a blueprint that will show you step by step on what you need to do to make your own phone.

Mr Zakes, how do you know so much about the old world and how do you have this book, books are extinct are they not?

Oh, my dear child, only the books that could end the Helmerites are extinct. My skill is acquiring information That is how I know so much if you need any help you can always come to me. Go on get out of here.