Chapter 13

ZENO Chronicles

 

Silence! Mrs Feyer said walking toward the front.

If you want to graduate earlier isn`t it fair for us to also go all in a hundred percent as a school so that our quality of education is not down graded said Mrs Feyer.

Now these next two days will be strenuous for you lot. You are required to choose battle weapons and come up with battle strategies with groups of your choice. Bare, in mind that every group must have at least two seniors and two juniors, in groups of not more than twenty people. Everyone is expected to show their level of skill and group work. The test is to survive two days in the forest and come out alive as a group. Goodluck, Mrs Feyer said as she and all the teachers went inside.

If you guys agree to be a group, then we are a group, said Kate to all the people in the Evoiry class including Abey and Zoey.

Hell, yes shouted Danzo, with everyone in our circle nodding for approval.

We need two Juniors and two Seniors said Rebecca.

Don’t worry I`m sure they` will turn up before the day ends said Jade.

Look at that the Senior Lunares are already campaigning for the Princes entourage to be in their group, said kate in the middle of doing a split.

Ouch doesn’t that hurt asked Zoey?

This will help me climb trees believe it said Kate.

No freaking way, exclaimed Sade!

What what`s wrong I asked examining the pistol that caught my attention. Everyone had become very still. Is something wrong with my gun choice? I asked searching for an answer on their faces. Abey simply pointed behind me and I turned around to find the Prince and his entourage siting in a circle around us.

Miss Zeno said the Prince.

Your Majesty I said putting down my pistol.

You don’t mind if we join your group do you?

 I mumbled something along the lines of they will skin us alive and the whole entourage including the Prince was in stitches.

I told you that`s the first thing she will say said the Prince.

Come on Zeno! Shouted Abey crossing her fingers.

 They` will skin all of you alive as well I said shrugging.

Ok you guys are in.

So, are any of you gentlemen well versed in battle strategy, I asked moving out of the centre?

The Prince somehow managed to find his place next to me. My friend Zico here is well versed in battle strategy Zico take the floor said the Prince as he pointed to the centre.

First, I will need to know what your specialties are and your names too said Zico.

We learnt that four of the Juniors were all Zaives and they were soldiers in training, the rest of them were seniors. The Prince had sight and smell. The other two were gifted with touch and the last one could manipulate the mind.

Well, it looks like we have all the senses right here said Zoey out loud and that had one of the Zaives chuckling. All the Zaives decided they would be doing all the fighting but they were going to teach us battle codes and how to defend ourselves. After that they got started with the actual plan and moved to a different corner leaving the skilled and the senses behind.

So, what are we supposed to do asked Joshua the one in charge of mind manipulation ?

After he had said that everyone jumped in with an idea, Abey suggested that we pack a hairdryer and the Prince grinned at me. I was about to go nuts, so I decided to lay down and close my eyes whilst searching for some information about forest survival. I also downloaded information about the Heathrow forest and a map, I would have to print that later.

Zeno hello Zeno, we are waiting for your input called out Jackson. I stood back up and found that I was now in the middle of a circle.

Happy, how many litres of water does a human body need to survive 48 hours? I asked.

On normal circumstances, I would say 4 litres, but since we in the hottest place in Zaive, will be walking and fighting I would recommend 10 litres per person said Happy.

 Cory, If I could get hold of the Heathrow map, could you lead us with the directions?

I could lead with the directions even without a map, but having a map would be helpful said Cory.

Jackson, what kind of dishes could you weep up in a forest?

Well, will need a long string and wood and a fire.

Rebecca will you be able to make the fires?

Of cause,  there is nothing like primal electricity said Rebecca.

Kate, you said you  could climb trees, could you do it for viewpoint and getting fruits if they are any?

I can try said kate.

Well we can work with that. Does any of you gentlemen know if they are sparrows and owls in this forest.

The last time I checked there were all kinds of species in this forest.

Great then, Jade can you imitate a bird sound that we can all use to communicate  as codes.

I can do then sparrow by day and the owl by night.

Danzo can you manipulate the port screen to act as a global positioning system to locate an attack?

Gong shim how good are you with flying metal brooms?

That`s my plan so far, I said grabbing a bottle of water and downing it I had been talking for a long time.

My, Zeno was born to be a leader squeaked Abey. I hadn’t noticed that the Zaives had returned while I was giving out instructions whilst closing my eyes.

Prince Lee I`m so grateful you chose this group said captain Zaive in charge of the battle strategy. We spent the rest of the time ironing out the strategy in cooperating the two strategies and what was left out. We all agreed to train with our weapons until night time so that we could simulate a dark forest.