chapter 2

ZENO Chronicles

I was also terrified not only because we were leaving the only home I had ever knew in my 18 years of life. I was terrified of someone discovering my secret the one even aunt Joe does not know about. I am a cyborg with a computer in my brain and I cannot get infected by Rothian. When I was 13, I woke up to information floating before my eyes and I could dig up information from all the continents and anyone residing in it. I could sense if someone had a mutation or not and their mutation powers did not work on me. I have lived in fear of scientists finding out my true identity and making me a science lab rat

I was startled awake when captain Rosewood started speaking.

 Ladies this is Zaive and I hoped you packed lightly because you could fry an egg in this heat, he said smiling with sparkling straight dental teeth.

The hover landed in the middle of a long run way. I could tell that we were on top of a building a very tall one at that.

Miss Joe welcome to Lord Eric`s humble abode said Captain Rosewood getting our bags from the hover.

Yeah right there is nothing humble about it at all, I said adjusting my bag and checking the distance to the ground from the rooftop.

Watch it young lady before you make me lose my job said aunt Joe shaking her head.

Before you can enter there is a routine check –up for Rothian and here wear these masks said Captain Rosewood handing us two black cup- shaped masks.

Captain Rosewood led the way with soldiers stopping to salute him as we went along.

Lord Nam is on Luna at the moment, you will however be received by the maids said the Captain.  As if on cue one of the maids came to the entrance.

Right this way said the maid. Aunt Joe and I were quietly followed behind taking in the surrounding. I swear I saw drool coming from Aunt Joe`s mouth. The house was majestic compared to our one bedroom apartment back in Evoir. The house had a television I had only read about those existing in books.There was a huge chandelier hanging in the middle of the lounge. I thought I had stepped into one of those princess fairytale stories. 

How is Luke? Aunt Joe asked without missing a beat.

The maid turned around so fast I thought the wind was going to kill us.

How did you know about that, she asked with an edge to her voice?

Relax Nicole, this is the nurse, Lord Nam contracted from Evoir. Nicole looked us up and down with scorn in her eyes and I could tell we were going to become nemesis.

You little miss what is your specialty? asked Nicole.

 Oh no she is just traveling with me, she was not contracted I am her only relative said aunt Joe with a wavering tone to her voice

So what you mean to say that you are in Zaiver with no skill? Nicole had stopped dead in her tracks giving me an incredulous look.

I am good with mechanics! I found myself blurting out under all that scrutiny.

 The maid snorted, and continued walking.

Yep nemesis for sure.