Chapter 14

ZENO Chronicles

 

Fighting and storing it into my memory, the only thing left was to practise it in real life and my friend Zoey was more than willing to help me practise. I was dead tired, and decided to nap on the grass.

I hope you don’t just take naps in any location Miss Zeno? Asked the Prince.

Your highness, I said opening my eyes.

You were great today by the way he said taking a sit next to me. The women I have met only think about their looks. You are different, you think about the real world. You are real.

If this is your idea of paying me back you`ll need to try harder, I said gazing at the sky. I`m not sure about the last bit though.

What, about you being real?

Exactly that I said sighing.

I am a woman of many secrets Prince Lee Joon gi.

You could cut the tension with a bread knife the night before the exam. Everyone was making last minute preparations. I decided to visit Mr Zakes in his office to ask if he had a printer. I only Knocked once before he said

Come in Miss Zeno.

How do you do that, you always guess whose is knocking right?

Well, it`s enhanced skills, I told you I could acquire information. I call it the Eye.

So, if I could figure out how I want to enhance my mechanics I could also do something incredible.

The world is your oyster remember.

Mr Zakes do you own a printer?

Wow, the one I have is ancient, I don’t think it`s working he said escorting me to the basement of his office.

It was beyond repair, but I needed this map for the exam, so I got to work. I didn’t notice Mr Zakes leaving, the basement. It took me two hours to get it running. I had never plugged anything into my processor behind my ear so it felt weird. I successfully downloaded and printed the map of Heathrow forest after two and a half hours.

Mr Zakes had left his office already so I let myself out and closed the door. I don’t know how I got to my room. I woke up to a bell ringing at 6am and I scrabbled getting dressed and picking the staff that was prepped the day before.

 

The zombie apocylpse had struck the whole school. I almost laughed myself awake when I found Abey sleeping on the lawn covered by a blanket.

That was my initial reaction too, said Zoey standing besides me.

 The rest of the squad arrived wearing their uniforms as well. Every group had different colour codes. Ours was black and I was so grateful. There were no teachers addressing us today because they were monitoring what was happening from the net screens. The only command given to us was when the exam began.

Chief captain Zaive, immediately led our group into the forest. Everyone was quiet the first few miles still taking in their surroundings. I handed Cory the map and he immediately went to walk beside the Captain and the Prince. Everything worked according to plan the first day, we even killed a bull and set camp in a cave, but something didn’t feel right. I had been hearing machine sounds coming from underground the moment I sat foot into the forest. I could  not sleep so I went to guard the cave opening. I was beginning to fall asleep when I heard the sounds. They started with the birds fleeing away from the trees on the East then followed by the screams.