Chapter 7

ZENO Chronicles

I am confused, where does Prince Lee Joon gi fit into to this? I asked.

The helmerites are said to be recruiting boys this time, where else would they find boys in one place other than Heathrow High school said Zoey which kind of made sense. 

Shhh, Mrs Feyer is coming to our aisle said Abey.

Mrs Feyer gave us a scornful look below her thick glasses before she proceeded to go to the podium.

All students should go to classes starting from sloth two since this assembly has taken up too much time said Mrs Feyer.

My schedule said I was going to a hand skills class. I said goodbye to my two friends who looked as lost as I felt. Lucky for me I saw a boy who had the same coloured schedule as me.

I hurriedly caught up with him.

I did not know I asked for a tail said the boy.

Sorry, you kind of looked like you know where to go I said with my cheeks flushed.

I am Cory and you are right, I am a human compass he said flushing his teeth at me.

I did not get your name he said folding his class schedule.

Zeno, my name is Zeno, I said as we got into a class. I did not notice that we had arrived.

The other eight students I had met earlier had arrived already. There were five boys including Cory and five girls including me. It was a mixture of different ethnicities, black, white and Asian. Zoey was wrong, I was the only one of my kind with red hair. It seemed the rest had opted to dye their hair different colours like the normal black and brown. We were introducing ourselves when a teacher came in and wrote Mr Zakes on the white board.

Hello, ladies and gentlemen would you take a sit if you please.

I will be the teacher that will be assessing your Evoiry skills and helping you advance in your skills even more.

The only Asian boy in the class raised their hands.

Yes Mr?

Gong, Gong Shim. You said develop even more what did you mean by that?

The skills that you have now are enough when you are on the outside and you need to be contracted by the Zaivenors and Lunares. The skills I am going to help you develop will enable you to start your own businesses since the ultimate price of graduation is freedom with that there was a round of applause and smiles from the whole lot.

Now since we are a small class we are going to introduce ourselves, from the back give me a name and skill.

Thandi- electrictian in training                                      Kate- dancer

Shim- hover driver                                                          Jade- musician

Danzo- Information technology.                                       Jackson- chef in training

Sade- Nurse in training                                                       Cory- direction

Happy- doctor in training                                                  Zeno- mechanic

 

Mr Zakes looked at me incredulously, You, are a mechanic?

Yes sir I said wondering what was special about that.

I have not seen a mechanic in decades. How did you survive the massacre? Mr Zakes asked leaning forward from his desk.

The bell saved me from that question, I was out of there in a flash.

The 2060 massacre decreed by King Lee the 4th was a devastation that had the remaining world shocked. He ordered all mechanics killed women and men alike. It is believed that the mechanics  had a lead  knowing how to manufacture the antidote using advanced machinery.

That does not make sense at all I said to myself as I was walking towards the cafeteria for my break sloth.

What doesn’t make sense? asked Zoey over shoulder.

Oh my gosh do you want to give me a heart attack, I said as I slapped her shoulder.

The cafeteria was so packed, the only vacant area was by the garbage can.

NO WAY I am sitting there said Abey as she followed our gaze!

We do not have many options besides decide now or we will eat standing, the boys behind us are also eyeing the table.

FINE! said Abbey as we walked towards the table and took our sits.

Yey, chicken and mushroom! I said picking up my fork.

The girls looked at me like I were insane.

What? I asked.

It `s like you have never eaten chicken before, said Zoey.