Chapter 11

ZENO Chronicles

Can a day get any weirder I asked myself as I got to the cafeteria? Abey came running towards me and almost knocked me out. I missed you so much she said.

Calm down it was only two days I said waving back at Zoey.

No matter I still missed you a lot. I missed you too pumpkin.

That was enough to get Abbey jumping up and down.

 I should have COMMed you to warn you I`m sorry Zeno Zoey said shaking her head.

So, what`s up, you looked like you were talking to yourself àt the doorway asked Zoey?

The weirdest thing happened to me at the library, you guys must promise not to tell anyone, especially you Abey and no screaming. I said as I leaned in to whisper.

Prince Lee Joon gi asked me to pass by his room and fix his refridgerator.

Abey gave the sharpest scream that the whole cafeteria stopped for a moment to check what was going on before resuming what they were doing. Abey, you promised! I shouted.

Wait a minute so what you are saying is that the Prince talked to you? Asked Zoey with a big grin on her face.

Girls come on, I`m freaking out here, how am I supposed to pass by his room if I can`t even cross the boundary.

You right, so what`s your plan? Asked Zoey.

I was hoping to run to Abey`s room, If I got caught in the Lunare castle, its better if it`s in Abbey`s room and not the Prince room.

That`s a good idea and maybe the prince could come to my room too, said Abey stuffing her face with jello.

Don’t worry though I will figure something out, I just wanted you to tell my Aunt I love her If I died tonight.

The day became shorter for some reason because before I Knew it was dusk and I had not come up with a strategy. I downloaded the Lunare castle map and got my rope ready in case I needed it. I went to the boundary checking for movement every second I got on my way there. My heart was in my throat the whole time. An idea just struck me like lighting Mr Johnson said the wall was enchanted with the sense of touch and my whole body could not be manipulated, this meant that I could pass through anytime I wanted. I tested out my theory before I second guessed myself and it worked. I was on the way to the entrance when I saw that the entrance was blocked until further notice. The Princes room was on the 7th floor lucky for me it was at the back of the castle where they were trees. I got my rope and started climbing, by the time I got to his window I was a heaving mess with leaves all over my hair. I quickly threw the rope in and climbed over the window.

I didn’t think you would make it today, the entrance was blocked the last time I checked said the Prince.

I was so startled I lost my footing and dropped on to the bed.

Mama! I yelped holding my heart.

Am I dead?

No, you not, the Prince said as he grabbed my hand to support me up.

Miss Zeno.

Your Majesty.  I said plucking off the remaining leaves. So where is the fridge?

The Princes room was an extension of his soon to be kingdom. The fridge was right at the centre of the kitchen at it was huge.

I went to the kitchen and started opening some drawers checking for the tools box.

What are you looking for? The Prince asked taking a sit on the kitchen counter.

The tools, unless you have an idea where they are? I said raising my eyebrows.

Top left drawer said the Prince.

You know you could have saved me the trouble. I said grabbing the tools and placing them on the counter.

And cut off my entertainment no way said the Prince.

I grumbled to myself as I walked towards the fridge and touched it.

What has this done to you? I asked the fridge.

You will not address his majesty that way you hear me Miss Zeno!

Ok sorry, what`s wrong with you then?

Well, an ice cube is stuck on my cooler box square, my systems are over heating trying to get rid of it.

Do you always talk to the machines before you fix them asked the Prince? I saw you the other day also talking to that vending machine.

I looked at him for a second before I asked.