Chapter 10

ZENO Chronicles

 

Captain Rosewood fetched me early in the morning because he was rushing to get to the Zaive border apparently there was a security breach and a hundred soldiers were murdered. Aunt Joe welcomed me as if I had been dead or something. She was over excited when I told her I was attending school with the Prince. Niko and Luke had become joined at the hip. Luke`s fever has been fluctuating between high and low. The days where his fever was low, he got to have walks and play outside.

Zeno, why have you not asked me anything about boys? Asked aunt Joe.

I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair.

Aunt Joe look at me I am of black ethnicity and an Evoiry at that. I am a tomboy and I have short red hair. Anyway, most Evoiry men  are just worried about their freedom or getting contracted I said sipping on my fourth cooler, Captain was right its hot in Zaive.

Zeno, there are Zaives and Lunares at your school your scope has been enlarged girly make use of it. I am sure one of them will fancy you even if you are all those things and that bustard will be very lucky to have you.

I cannot believe I am talking about boys right now I said sighing.

I thought I would find you ladies outside Lord Nam said as he grabbed a chair.

Hello Miss Zeno, I trust everything is going well at school?

Apparently not enough since aunt Joe wants to talk about boys instead.

Hey this snitch! shouted aunt Joe.

You ladies bicker as if you are siblings, it is nice to see.

Lord Nam, what can you tell me about cell-phones? I asked.

Wow I have not heard of that word since my grandfather passed. He would go on and on about finding a cell-phone quickly or else something bad was going to happen. Only the government officials were permitted to have them because the information inside could not be intercepted like they do with our regular LCOMMS.

Why is my niece asking about a cell-phone am I missing something? Asked aunt Joe in her motherly voice.

It is nothing to worry about Joe, Zeno found an old Sim card inside one of Niko`s compartments when she was fixing her said Lord Nam as he grabbed aunt Joes hand.

No freaking way, Lord Nam and aunt Joe are dating!I was grinning whilst sipping on the rest of my cooler this was some juicy scope.

 

School started on Monday and our first slot which was defense against manipulation was canceled thank God. I decided to read up more about making cell- phones from my ancient book. I was flipping through a page when a shadow blocked the sun in front of me.

I sighed. You can get my iDCOMM from Jessica Saurez and all the detail from her I said flipping onto another page.

The shadow did not budge. Look you are blocking the light. I said looking up.

Right in front of me was Prince Lee Joon gi in the flesh standing there with a raise eyebrow.

Your highness, what can I do for you? I said also raising my eyebrow as well.

He chuckled and sat down in front of me.

Miss Zeno, you are more amusing than I imagined said the Prince staring at me.

Yeah, and you do not want to deal with an irritated Zeno, state your request.

Ok hold on to your pants Jeez. I was wondering if you could pass by my apartment later on, my refrigerator is not working.

I bust out laughing until I had tears in my eyes and his majesty looked at me as If I was mad.

Do you know how impossible that request is? I asked wiping my eyes with my sleeves.

First there is a problem of crossing the boundaries between the castles, next is how do I explain my presence in your room, the Lunare

females will skin me alive?

I did not think that far, but I know you can get it done. I will give you anything you need, I just cannot afford to get my beers hot before tomorrow said the Prince.

I think my nerves actually popped, and I started rubbing my temporal bones. When I looked up he was grinning at me enjoying my torment.

Ok then I will need your iDCOMM I said extending my wrist to him. He chuckled further and attached his bar code to mine.

Leave your window open in case I need a back-up plan I said as he stood up.

Miss Zeno called the Prince

Yes, your majesty.

Do not  give anyone else my iDCOMM.

I would not dream of it, they could skin me alive for having it.