The Pianist

☆ Pinkfinite One-Shot Collection! (Not Taking Requests)

Starring: 

Lee Sungyeol

Hong Yookyung

a/n: yeolkyung q-q 


"Noona!" He whined for the nth time in the past 10 minutes. 

"You're going to that piano lesson no matter what," She stated, wanting no answer from her younger brother. 

He sighed in defeat; there was no point in arguing with his sister, since he always lost. 

"But why do you want me to go anyways?" He grumbled. 

"A learning experience," She picked at her nails. "And plus, I thought you'd like it,"

"You out of all people should know how much I at musical instruments," He whined again. 

"It'll get you to do something productive for once, rather than texting your precious girlfriend all day," She rolled her eyes. 

"Hey!" He frowned. 

"Shut up and just listen to ne for once," She massaged her temples. 

------

Sungyeol stepped in front of a very elegant apartment door which led to the room of his teacher. 

He rang the doorbell once and almost immedately, the door opened. 

"Oh my god, she's gonna be an old lady, isn't she," Sungyeol mentally groaned. 

However, the door opened to reveal a very young woman with casual, but elegant clothes on. 

"Are you Sungyeol-sshi?" She asked, her voice high pitched and relaxed. 

He nodded, still staring her. 

"Hi, I'm Yookyung. Hong Yookyung, your piano teacher," She smiled and opened the door to let him in. 

"So.. Have you ever played piano before?" She asked as they made their way to the living room. Right as he started walking next to her, she immediately took notice of his incredible height.  

"Nope," He shook his head, looking around the neat, proper apartment. "I never really had any interest in it either,"

"Well it's never late to learn," She smiled and sat down on the bench of the piano. "Sit down. I'll start from the basics,"

------

Weeks went by, Sungyeol and Yookyung became closer with every lesson. She knew it was wrong, but she was developing feelings for him, even though he had a girlfriend. 

On one winter day, Yookyung became anxious. 

He was 20 minutes late to practice. 

Sungyeol was never late. 

She tapped her fingers on the sleek black piano, her fingers finding a way to the keys, and she played a small melody, waiting for Sungyeol. 

The clock ticked. He was now 45 minutes late. 

"Something probably came up," She mumbled to herself. 

But he never showed up. 

Days passed and it quickly turned into a week. No texts, no calls, no contact whatsoever from Sungyeol. 

"I wonder what happened," Yookyung frowned. "I hope he's okay,"

Just as she was getting ready to sleep, a knock on her door suddenly startled her. Yookyung ran to open the door. 

"Who would be here now?" She thought to herself as she turned the handle. 

"You're home.." Someone whispered and they collapsed on the floor. 

Yookyung jumped and immediately helped the man up. She immediately recognized him as her beloved student, Lee Sungyeol. 

"Sungyeol-ah.." She whispered. "What has been going on? Are you okay?"

"I-I'm sorry," He choked and passed out in her arms. His breath reeked of alcohol. 

Yookyung struggled to carry him to her room, since he was almost 2 heads taller than her. 

Once she finally dragged him to the guest room, she sat down on the floor, exhausted. Yookyung stood up to get some rest, but a light buzzing alerted her sensitive ears. Her ears followed the sound and she found the source. 

Yookyung picked the white phone  up in her hand and unlocked it. 

30 new messages

Being her curious self, she opened the messages, which were a variety from his sister, friends, and a girl named Suzy, who she inferred to be his girlfriend. 

"Yah, Lee Sungyeol! Where are you?!"

"Lighten up, man. You'll find someone else,"

"What a ."

"She was a anyways, hyung! Hooking up behind your back?" 

"You cry over this girl, I'm kicking your ,"

"Leave that worthless piece of trash!"

"I told you."

"I'm sorry, babe. Forgive me? Please?"

She locked his phone and immediately put it down. 

"I just looked through his messages," She exhaled, quite stressed. "I feel like a snooper,"

With that, she left his phone on the white carpet and went to get wet towels. 

"What happened, Sungyeol-ah?" She whispered and placed a towel on his head. "Where were you?

Yookyung took his jacket off and hung it up on the coat hanger. 

"Don't you know I missed you?" She frowned. "You had me so worried.."

Yookyung opened the closet and took out a light pink blanket. She covered his long body and took the towel off his head. 

"I'm just going to take a break.." Yookyung mumbled and sat at the foot of the guest bed. She leaned her head on the wooden frame of the bed, and fell asleep.

-------

Sungyeol woke up in a soft, plush bed with light pink blankets. His head felt as if it were being torn apart. 

"Did Sungjong do this again?" He mumbled. He stood up and stretched his legs. 

"Wait.." He thought while he was yawning, "This isn't my house.."

Sungyeol looked around his surrounding, taking in the white furniture and the neat organization of the room. His eyes stopped at a figure curled up in a ball by the edge of the bed. He bend down closer and stumbled back, surprised. 

"Yookyung?!" He yelped. She stirred and his eyes widened. Sungyeol dived back into the bed and pretended to sleep. 

Yookyung's eyes slowly opened and pain covered her back and neck. 

"My neck," She groaned and twisted her head around. 

Yookyung looked over to Sungyeol who, in her eyes, was still sleeping soundly. She felt his forehead and nodded curtly to herself. 

"He's still a little warm.." She pursed her lips together. "I'll get another towel for him."

As she placed the wet towel on his forehead, she sighed heavily. 

"You don't know, do you, Sungyeol?" She whispered. "How much I'm starting to develop feelings for you?"

Sungyeol was stunned and it was hard for him to keep his eyes closed. 

"I just hope this won't ruin anything.. Especially your relationship with your girlfriend." Yookyung exhaled. "I want you to be happy.."

She left the room and Sungyeol put his head on his forehead and stared at the ceiling, trying to process information. 

He knocked on the door. No answer. 

He opened the door with the key she gave him and the sight before him would never escape his brain. 

His girlfriend, the most pure, innocent, and sweetest girl on campus was doing the dirty on the couch with the university's valedictorian. 

She looked up at the door and covered herself with the blanket, rising to stand up. 

"Sungyeol.." She walked closer towards him. 

"I should've known," He spat. 

"It's not.." She trailed off. 

"Shut up," He hissed. "Get out of my life,"

He slammed the door in her face and screamed in frustration.


He opened his mouth, dumbfounded. 

"," He thought. 

He missed lessons for 5 days, but he didn't care. 

Sungyeol was at an empty gym from dawn to night, pummeling the life out of a punching bag. 

The door of the gym opened and 6 guys walked in. 

"Sungyeol, you gotta stop this," Sunggyu sighed. "You're going to overwork your body,"

He was silent and continued punching. 

"There's gotta be someone else, bro," Dongwoo shook his head. 

"I'm leaving," Sungyeol simply stated. He grabbed his belongings and walked out the door. 

20 minutes later, he was on his 5th bottle of alcohol.

"I think you've had enough," The bartender took the bottle out of his hand. 

Sungyeol rested his head on the bar, left crumbled bills for the bartender, and headed out. 

His legs took him somewhere, and he didn't bother to recognize where he was going. 

Sungyeol stepped in front of a white door and rang the doorbell. 

"You're home.." He whispered and he fell to the floor. 

Someone pulled him up. He recogizned a familiar voice speaking. 

"Sungyeol.. What has been going on? Are you okay?" 

"I'm sorry," He mumbled. 

And everything went black.


" ," He hit them bed under him. 

"You don't know, do you? How much I'm starting to develop feelings for you?"

At the thought of Yookyung, he felt calm and soothed. Her aura made him seem at peace.

"Aish, I don't even know anymore," He sighed.

He looked out from the crack of the door and an unknowing smile spread across his lips when he saw Yookyung cooking breakfast.  

------

She played a pretty melody on the piano as Sungyeol sat on top of her piano, a habit, he called it.

After 2 years of lessons with Yookyung, Sungyeol was finally able to read as well as play whatever music he desired. 

She picked the music in front of her and read the notes throughly, analyzing it. 

"Na-na-na-na. Na-na-na-na yeah. You are the music in me,"

"The voice of an angel as well.."

"You know the words once upon a time make you listen, there's a reason."

"When you dream there's a chance you'll find a little laughter, or happy ever after,"

"Your harmony to the melody. it's echoing inside my head. a single voice above the noise, like a common thing,"

"When I hear my favorite song, I know that we belong."

"Oh you are the music in me. Yeah, it's living in all of us and it's brought us here because, cause' you are the music in me,"

"Na-na-na-na. Na-na-na-na yeah. You are the music in me,"

She played the last chord and looked at Sungyeol, happiness written on her face. 

"You wrote this?" 

He nodded. "Took around 3 months,"

"Sungyeol.." Yookyung breathed. "I can't tell you how proud.."

He leaned down slowly from the piano, his hand gripping the piano tightly, tilted her chin upwards, and kissed her sweetly on the lips. He broke apart and brushed a piece of hair away from her face and smiled at her.

"I hope your heart belongs to me," He grinned, "since mine belongs to you," and her heart fluttered, just like it always did for two years. 


 

I hope you enjoy^^
♡, xStarLightx