Chapter 2- When things start to make a little more sense

The Day We Meet Again

Screen_20Shot_202015-10-31_20at_2011.42.52_20PM_original.png

 

You had just about collapsed from the shock of everything that had happened on the way to the room. It was enough to make your hands to shake, which you hoped Ji Yong wouldn't notice. This situation was just too absurd. I mean, this was the kind of thing that took place in dramas… not real life.

It wasn't until he had settled himself on your floor that you finally gathered enough courage to speak. “So, umm… what just happened?”

Ji Yong lazily opened one eye to stare at you. His gaze traveled from your black heels all the way up to the blonde locks atop your head. And suddenly, you felt extremely self conscious.

“The paparazzi found out where I'm staying, so I'm taking refuge in your room.” He stated.

“Paparazzi? From Korea?!”

“Yes.” His one open eye began to droop as he stifled a yawn. “They followed me because Seung Hyun came with us.”

“TOP? Wait, who is 'us’?” You were getting extremely confused.

“Seungri. He came for support. They're staying on the 49th floor.”

“Oh.” You said simply.

TICK. TICK. TICK.

The alarm clock you had brought with you was the only thing that could be heard in the room.

So now what? You couldn't just leave him in your room and join your friends for dinner as if nothing had happened.

“Hey, Blondie?” Ji Yong asked. “Can we order room service? I'm starving. I'll pay you in cash.”

Blondie?

“I suppose.” You sighed as you handed him the menu. “I need to call my friends and tell them I'm not coming though.”

In an instant, he was off the floor and gripping the wrist that held your cellphone. “Don't tell them anything.”

“What? And suffer your wrath? No thank you.” You scoffed. A mixture of confusion and amusement crossed his face, but he let you go.

RING. RING.

“Hello? Clara, are you coming or not? We're already seated.”

You feigned a cough, unbeknownst that Ji Yong’s eyes followed your every move. “I'm not going to make it, I'm not feeling so hot.”

“Are you alright? Do you need anything?”

“No no, I'm just going to rest tonight.” You lied.

Sleep would not come easily to you with a Korean idol nearby.

“Alright. Call me if you need anything. TTFN!”

The line went silent.

Thank God she didn't ask anymore questions.

“Do you want anything?” Ji Yong questioned randomly, causing you to nearly jump out of your skin.

 

--------------------

 

It hadn't taken long for the room service to arrive. It was then that you realized how hungry you were. The smell of the spaghetti you'd ordered caused your mouth to water. It appeared the Ji Yong was equally as hungry, so the entire meal passed without any talking. Not that you'd have much to talk about anyways…. You were strangers after all.

Finally, you turned to your new 'roommate’ and asked him what had been bothering you since before dinner.

“Why did you call me Blondie? I have a name, you know.”

A sudden burst of laughter escaped his perfect lips, and you blushed at the sight of his beauty.

“What, you don't like the pet name I gave you?”

Your brows furrowed. “Wouldn't a pet name imply that we're friends?”

“Can't we be friends?”

His question caught you completely off guard. The only thing you could do was stare at him.

“I'm sorry. I should have asked you sooner. What is your name?”

“Clara. Clara Standford.”

“Hello, Clara. I'm Kwon Ji Yong.” His eyes gazed deeply into yours.

Why does this introduction feel so intense? You shifted your body awkwardly. A warm feeling creeped up your cheeks. Crap. It was clear that you were blushing again.

Water. Your brain commanded as you nervously took a sip.

“So, Clara”, he said as he moved from his seat to lean dangerously close to you on the table. You didn't like where this was going.

“How would you like to share a bed with me tonight?”