Chapter 1- How it all started

The Day We Meet Again

Image result for palazzo hotel las vegas

 

You let out a sigh of relief as the ice cold air hit your body. Who knew Vegas could be so hot? Oh yeah, you were in the middle of the desert. Staying at a very expensive hotel that was definitely way out of your college-student budget. In the middle of the summer. Right. A gold plated sign faced the doors that you had just arrived from, reading “Welcome to the Palazzo!”. Your eyes wandered over the luxurious decor once again. A glowing marble fountain showcasing two greek-like women graced the middle of the main lobby. The scenery looked like something that would be featured in a travel magazine. No one would be able to tell that casino sat just a little to the right from where you were currently standing.

“Oh my God! Did you know that Big Bang stayed here during their MADE tour?!” Your friend Selena screeched from next to you as she furiously scrolled through what you assumed were photos on her phone.

“No, Selena, I didn't. Believe it or not, I'm not that much of a fangirl to stalk my precious Oppa.”

A pout formed on her lips as she suddenly came to a realization. “Crap. I'm sure that we won't get to see GD then, since he's already stayed here.”

G-Dragon aka Kwon Ji Yong was the whole reason you were even in this blasted City. As soon as tour dates were announced for his new solo album, you and your two closest (and only) friends booked a trip. I mean, it was Korea's beloved G-Dragon… no one could say no to that.

And that, was exactly your problem. With one semester left before earning your bachelor's degree, you decided to “take a break” and spend the money you had originally saved for your college payments to go to Las Vegas. Impulsive? Yeah, just a little. But seeing the king of kpop would be worth it. At least, you hoped it would, considering that it had taken you 6 years to get this close to a four year degree. You couldn't even imagine what your mother was going to say to you when you returned home in a week.

However, at this very moment, none of that was important. Right now all you wanted to do was go up to your room and rest.

Selena tapped your shoulder impatiently. “Remember we have dinner reservations at that restaurant in 3 hours.”

“Yeah yeah, that place by the makeup shop? I'll be there.” You grumbled as you stifled a yawn. The warm weather was making you cranky.

“Cool. Jay and I are going shopping, so we'll get there first.” She smiled, “Don't forget, Clara! I see that look in your eyes. You want to sleep.”

Somehow you managed a laugh and a weak shove before stumbling into an elevator. She was right, you were tired. The way your eyes were getting increasingly​ blurrier furthered her point.

DING.

The elevator doors slid open and suddenly you found yourself walking down the hallway of the 45th floor. Why don't these hallways ever end? You thought to yourself as you passed yet another white door. Finally, you read the number you wanted to. 45-809 Bingo.

It only took you a half a minute, before you had unlocked your door, slipped off your shoes, set an alarm, and collapsed on the bed.

Thank God for air conditioning.

------------

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

A terribly annoying sound woke you from your blissful slumber. It was a sound that you knew all too well… the sound of responsibility. Rolling off the bed, you checked the clock to see what time it was. You still had a little while before dinner. I should probably get ready. It looked like a nice restaurant.

Grabbing the second best outfit you had, you changed. It only took some mascara, red lipstick, and tidying up your hair until you were finished.

You studied yourself in the mirror as you made​ your way towards the door. You looked pretty. The mascara on your eyelashes made them seem particularly long and enhanced the dark blue color of your irises. Your pale white skin contrasted wonderfully with the bright red cocktail dress you had chosen. Although, the most stunning part, was your long blonde hair. It had been curled just enough to give the appearance of beach waves; a look that you had become quite fond of lately.

Smiling, you headed down the long corridor to the nearest elevators. Great, now all I have to do is go down to floor 2 to find the restaurant! Before you could close the elevator doors, a man dressed in black carrying a camera joined you in the elevator. He hurriedly pressed floor 43 before closing the door behind him. His panting was the only thing you heard before he reached his destination and raced down the corridor.

He looked like a reporter. I wonder what's going on? You contemplated running after him, but decided against it. Instead, you decide to focus on a small chip in the nail polish of your right pinky toe.

DING.

The doors opened again and this time, a slim body sporting bright red hair darted into the elevator. You can hear a button being furiously pressed and the doors softly shut. The sudden commotion was enough to make you look up from your pinky toe, and into the eyes of the last person you ever expected to see.

It can't be….No way.

You could feel your heart beat race as you managed to stutter one simple word. “O..O..Oppa?”

Within seconds, a hand covered your mouth and your back was pinned against the wall of what you now considered the miraculous elevator of fate.

His dark eyes stared down at you and you shuddered as you felt his breath tickle your forehead. A smirk danced across his lips when he noticed your reaction.

Yep, you'd know that smirk anywhere.

Kwon. Ji. Yong.