Confession Planning

ANNOYING DESKMATE

Chapter 9

 

"Do I really need to do this?" You asked for the umpteenth time; seeking for a mercy in front of the devilish smiles of your friends. If this was an anime or cartoon, their red eyes and sharp teeth will show and the inspiring fire burns around them. They are so high to make you do what they wanted you to do now.

Amy rolls her eyes in annoyance. She shoves you into the shoe locker, the fourth row. Hanny gives you eye signal to a specific shoe locker; wanting you to put the piece of paper in that locker already. Amy and Hanny are the real demons so you glance to Byul and Chia, the angel of the group, to plead for help. As if they were bewitched by Amy and Hanny, they just smile and gesture supportively for you to go.

"Faster, before someone comes!" Hanny fiercely said. You scrunch your nose and stomp your feet before you drag it to the locker numbered 117.

 

By just standing in front of the locker can make your heart beats wilder. Just as if you're standing in front of the owner of the locker! You pray so hard before you carefully slip in the piece of paper into the locker.

Your friends then suddenly changed from the demons to the angels. They cheered up and in no seconds, they rubbed their hands in glee as they already thought of the next plan.

* * *

You let out a heavy sigh as you enter the class. Your classmates are busy reading something on the paper stick on the black board and you frown when you see Taehyung being so busy looking at it too.

"Aghh why am I in hall 2?!" Taehyung groaned as he ruffled his hair. Woah. Your mouth 'accidently' gaped looking at the human art made by God striding his way to his desk. He was sure blessed by God. You are sure God must love him so much too. Just look at him.

"Ya," you blink in surprised when Taehyung suddenly snapped at you. Ya? Did he just said 'Ya'? It's been a long time he used that word towards you. But when he did, that means he was looking for a fight. No not today, please. You prayed before you raised your brow.

"What?" You asked with the same flat tone. Suddenly you regretted your decision putting the letter in his shoe locker. I should have taken it back and burn it for my sake. You thought.

"How come you're in Hall 1 while I'm in Hall 2?" Taehyung asked with a very disappointed tone.

"I am?" You were surprised. Did the exam policy changed? Usually the seats were arranged by classes.

You leave Taehyung to check your name and your seat number. You're at seat no. 89 while Taehyung who will be in the hall two is numbered with 375. You can't help but to laugh out loud. Why the hell he was so far behind you?

"We're classmate, we are desk mate! Why would they put me in the Hall 2?!" Taehyung whined once you got back to your desk.

"Ya, don't you read carefully? This time our seats are decided by our surname." You snapped back. Taehyung puckers his lips. He looks so sad like a kid who doesn't get his lollipop. Seeing that, you silently smiled.

"Did you just smile?" Unfortunately Taehyung saw it. Unfortunate for you but absolutely fortunate to his luck!

"Uh? Um,"

"Yerin, you should always smile." Taehyung supported his right cheek with his right hand. Tilting to see you clearly yet full of flirt. You looked away as your cheek felt hot but you still can see his amuse expression from the reflection of the window.

Next year, no more seats near the window. Your heart mumbles. But, I will no longer see him. You quietly glanced to him who was smiling.

* * *

"Okay, that's it for today." You smiled in satisfaction as you put down the red pen and handed back Taehyung's mathematic sets for today. Taehyung received it with a pout.

"I will not see you anymore." He complaint.

"We still see each other tomorrow." You said that and suddenly you remember the piece of paper you put in his locker. He will see it soon.

"Yeah. Only for tomorrow. For the whole three weeks exam, I wouldn't be able to see you. Ugh." Taehyung rolled his eyes. He is surely was bothered by the seat arrangements. You hope that would not affect his studies.

"I also, want to see you passed the exam with flying colors. Especially Maths." You honestly told him. Taehyung looked at you with a thought.

"Do I get a reward if I passed?" He asked. You think thoroughly because any decision you make will either motivate him or not. And you are very sure that it was a bad idea to say that you'll grant anything he wanted.

"Go on a date with me." Taehyung suddenly said making you suddenly sat straight. "If I got A in Math, go on a date with me." He sounded serious as his eyes never leave you. Now you know why they said to be careful with your eyes. Because from the eyes, it falls to the heart.

"Okay." you nodded with a smile. I know what I am feeling right now. And I have made my decision.

 

The next day, is the last day of class. Next week, the exam will start and a month break will come after. For a month tutoring Taehyung totally worth your times because he really improved and it even shocked Miss Seohyun.

She thanked you countlessly when you showed her your personal log of Taehyung's record. She hoped you and Taehyung will pass the exam with flying colors also, she promised to treat both of you something good if Taehyung passed the mathematics paper this time.

For Miss Seohyun, Taehyung passing the mathematics is what matters. While for you, Taehyung getting an A is what matters the most. Because you will go on a date with him! Ah, you jump lightly and happily as you make your way to the class. You even hum happily. Today is a good day~

"Hi," you greeted Taehyung with a smile. You even pressed his shoulder gently before you sat down. Taehyung seems surprised with your flowering mood today that he frowns at you.

Your expression suddenly changed. Was he not in a good mood today? You thought as soon as you saw his straight face. While Taehyung, seeing your sudden change of expression makes him laugh. From his vision, you looked so scared as if a cat had just stole a fish and its owner witnessed it.

"You should see your face." He said in remaining laugh. You scrunch your nose and immediately avoided Taehyung's naughty hand that wants to pinch your nose. His hands were being so freely around you as both of you developed smooth relationship these days. Taehyung pulls his hand away and he looks at you with a deep thought.

Again, he did that. You thought as you slightly glanced at him. He must have something to say again.

"I found something in my shoe locker yesterday." He didn't know how you almost chocked with your own spit when he said that.

"W-what?" And you didn't know how to cover yourself from being so simple minded.

It's written all over your face that you did put something inside his shoe locker and Taehyung didn't even need to ask for the second time. You are easy to read and he is confirmed that you were the sender of the secret letter yesterday.

 

- to be continued

How was the storyy?! So far, do you enjoy reading this? Let me know your thoughts! :)