Thumping Heart

ANNOYING DESKMATE

CHAPTER 3: THUMPING HEART

 

Today, during the P.E. class, we were at the gym hall. The boys were playing dodge ball while the girls were playing volleyball. We combine three classes during this session and I was able to play with my friends.

"Yesterday I saw you kneeling. Got punished?" Byul, my friend asked. We are warming up now. I nodded as I lift my right legs and pulled the knee close to my body. The girl who conducted our warming up counted to eight and we release our right leg for the left leg.

"Surprisingly, Kim Taehyung too!" Hanny chirped happily. I frowned to her reaction. Does she need to be that happy? Even her two, long braids swing along with her happiness.

"Yah, at least you're not alone." Hanny nudged me when she saw my face. I smiled.

"I am veeery thankful." I may sound faked saying that but really, I was thankful.

"Are you two gonna end the rivalry thingy? Just please stop for my peaceful sake. I am sick of seeing you guys fought and fought over again." Amy spoke.

"Lol. I think they will never stop." Chia, one of my Chinese friends said. She transferred to our school two years ago and her outgoing personality befriend us. The others just grin.

We finished our warm up and ready to play. When we were walking towards the court, I heard Hanny screamed my name. "Watch out Yerin!!"

I turned around and "Auch!" a ball hit my left temple. My standing stumbles and I almost fell flat on the gym floor but I manage to stand stable with the help of Byul and Chia.

"Where's your eyes duh." A familiar voice approaches us. Taehyung took the ball and look at me with hands on hips.

"She said watch out and you turn and not watching out?" He frowned in a mocked expression. I rolled my eyes.

"Why did you throw the ball towards us though? Ugh." I glared.

"I didn’t. Park Jimin did." He grinned like a kid.

"I am sorry Yerin!!" Jimin shouted from the other side. Taehyung raised his eyebrows signaling he has won for my wrong accusation. I really hate that arrogant face of him.

I turned around in instant and felt dizzy. I can’t remember anything after I saw Byul's and Chia's worried face. Everything went black.

 

*    *    *

I woke up to the breeze hitting my face. I realized that I was in the infirmary by looking at the white curtain surrounding me and the smell of medicines. I turned around and sat up in horror when I saw Taehyung right beside me. Slowly I get my sane back and sigh in relieved when he was sleeping on a different bed. He was facing me though but most importantly, why was he here? And... why am I here?

Ah, I black out I guessed. Park Jimin's ball service was very strong. Indeed, he was the handball player of our school. But, did he bring me here??! I gasped in horror again. Shoot. I don’t want to be indebted to him! I look at him.

He looks so peaceful when he sleeps. He looks like a kid! The devil face has gone and there is no smirk! I unknowingly smile and admire his sleeping face. So pure. So cute. Wait what? Cute? Pure? Heck watched your words Yerin! Are you still in right mind? Wake up!

"Ughh..." Taehyung groaned and I quickly pretended to be sleeping. I hear him leaving his bed. After quite some time, I felt someone touching my hair. The fingers slightly touched my cheek when the person softly brushed my hair behind my ear.

"Is she awake?" A woman's voice heard. I recognized her. She is the doctor of our school.

"Not yet." And I knew it was Taehyung who answered. He didn’t leave this infirmary yet. "I'll leave first then. Don’t tell her I brought her here." Taehyung said.

"I won’t." The doctor promised him so but little did they know, I already knew. I think from now on, I will look at Taehyung differently. I might not feel the same about him anymore. I brought my hand to my thumping heart. Dear heart, why are you thumping flutteringly?

 

-tbc

 

I am sorrry for the long wait!! My computer broke and I just got it repaired. I am so glad that I saved the stories in my hard disc or else, all gone TT TT How are you?! Have a good dayy everyone!! <3   ~Sharin