D-day

ANNOYING DESKMATE

10


Time flies so fast today. You felt like you were just arrived to school a minute ago and now its ten minutes more for the class to end. Every second that ticking also tickles your heart. You are undoubtedly very nervous right now.

 

It's today. I'm going to tell him today. Your heart is pounding and pound whenever you were reminded by your plan for today: To confess!

 

Kringg!!

 

The most awaiting bell has rung and your heart can't stay calm no more upon hearing the ringing bell. It almost exploded as loudly as the bell rang. You packed your things in rush because you wanted to be the one who waited at the appointment place. You glanced to Taehyung who was also packing his things. Unlike you, he packed calmly.

 

"Taehyung-ah, let's go!" Jimin came into the class after you stood up; ready to leave. You can't control your expression but to frown. Will Taehyung come or not? You slowly walked away as your ears perked over to hear every word they spoke.

 

"Jimin, you go first. I have to meet someone." You heard Taehyung said.

 

And you can't control how glee you are looking right now. The smile stretches wider than you ever pulled and you widen the steps to arrive to the appoinment place as soon as you can. Because you can't wait to tell him your feelings!

 

Taehyung saw your happy little jumps while walking out and he also can't stop himself from smiling as wide as you are. Maybe he smiled even wider than yours. Because finally, the clap sounds heard, it is not a one sided love anymore.

 

Taehyung read again the sentences wrote on the piece of letter he received.

 

"See you tomorrow evening after school at the rooftop. I have something to tell you." He read it. Taehyung have been reading it numerous times since yesterday and he was doubtful whether he should go or not. Plus, he didn't know the sender.

 

But when he told you about it this morning, he was sure that the sender was you and he decided that he will go and meet you.

 

"Hm, but I prefer the library." Taehyung pouted. Because that place was kind of a memorable place for you and him. He bet, in that very library, he stoled your heart. Realizing that you are waiting for him, Taehyung grabs his bag and he runs to the rooftop.

 

Here I come, Yerin!

 

Taehyung swings the door open as he hardly draws in breath. He almost smiling when he sees a girl standing with her back facing him but it was distorted when he saw the girl's face. She turns around and it kills Taehyung's anticipation immediately. She is not Yerin. His brain processed the information to his whole body system and he just froze there.

 

"Hi Taehyung." The girl smiled sweetly as she approached Taehyung.

 

 

While in the library,

 

You tap your fingers impatiently on the table. You let out a heavy sigh wondering what took him so long to come here. You look around the empty library on the second floor. You are the only one sitting there at the usual table waiting for Taehyung.

 

You glanced to the empty seat next to you which used to be Taehyung's seat, and you smiled fondly. To confess in this memorable place is kind of embarrassing but it holds many memories in here. No fight and more smiles.

 

You then suddenly cupped your face, trying to hide your bright pink cheeks when you suddenly recalled the kissing time happened in here two weeks ago. You also squealed because you thought you were a ert because you can't brush off the pictures of what happened on that day.

 

Yet, every thoughts and memories that passed by will quickly fades away because the person who shook your heart hasn't arrived yet.

 

"Ahh when is he coming?" You whined in bore.

 

Being the most impatient person for today, you stood as you can't take the wait anymore. You walked down to scan the lower ground of the library but there were only librarians there. You sighed and you felt sad suddenly. Did Taehyung change his mind?

 

You slowly walk to your table and in no time, you froze like an ice. The library was on second floor building above the school office, and its second floor of the library is high as it meets the view to the rooftop school. It allows you to see a level with the rooftop and things or people on it and you can't believe your eyes of what you just saw.

 

Taehyung is kissing with other girl!

 

You grabbed your bag furiously and you stormed away leaving the library and the school.

 

*       *       *

 

"WhAT THE ?!" Taehyung roughly pushed away the girl.

 

The anonymous girl introduced herself and confessed her feelings for him and Taehyung had nicely rejected her. He told her he loved someone else and the girl started to cry. She asked what she needs to do to make him love her and Taehyung panicked before he calmed her down. He told her she will find someone better and all before she suddenly grabbed his tie, pulling him over to her and kissed him.

 

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!" Taehyung yelled angrily. The girl didn't cry anymore because she was surprised with the furious yell. She looked down onto the floor of the rooftop as she fidgeted nervously.

 

"I just want a kiss." She quietly said.

 

Taehyung holds in his anger and he gives her one last death stare before he left. He cursed so much in his heart and he was confused too. He was thinking were you actually sent him a letter or not? He was sure he received a letter yesterday and you also looked so nervous all day today. Taehyung bites his lips and he starts running when he figured out where you would be waiting for him.

 

While on the rooftop, the girl smiled. She turns to face the library and her eyes fixed on the second floor of the library. She was actually watching Yerin while waiting for Taehyung. She also was waiting for the right time to kiss Taehyung and she was so satisfied too see how broken Yerin’s expression was.

 

"If I didn't get Taehyung, so do you." She murmured with a smirk plastered across her face.

 

*       *       *

 

Taehyung hissed in disappointment when the library is closed already. Usually they will close early if there are no students coming. Did she come? Taehyung tried opening the door but it was locked. Did she really send him a letter? Taehyung leaned on the door as he thought about that.

 

"Yerin…" he softly mumbled your name as he wiped his face with mixed feelings.

 

- to be continued

 

what will happen to Taehyung and Yerin?